Mizuno Items For Sale: Some Old, Some Ancient!

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Before I head to the bay of E, please have a look at the items below which I am looking for a home for after a bit of spring cleaning! - If anything takes your fancy, drop me a pm & we can discuss price(s)
Thank you ... Paul

• MP650 driver - 9.5* - NV Green 65g Stiff shaft & no head cover (old Lynx one included)
    MP650 3w - 15* Orochi 75g Stiff shaft - Original Mizuno head cover
    MP650 5w - 18* Orochi 75g Stiff shaft - Original Mizuno head cover
  • MP-T11 50* with DG Spinner shaft (Wedge flex) - Club has been professionally stamped
  • MP-T4 54* KBS Tour 90 shaft (presume the tiny "R" on the label means Regular?)
  • MP-T4 58* KBS Tour 90 shaft (as above - selling as a pair - both clubs have been professionally stamped)
  • TP-9 iron "U" heads 3 - 9 (original condition - ideal for a full refurb?)

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Before I head to the bay of E, please have a look at the items below which I am looking for a home for after a bit of spring cleaning! - If anything takes your fancy, drop me a pm & we can discuss price(s)
Thank you ... Paul

• MP650 driver - 9.5* - NV Green 65g Stiff shaft & no head cover (old Lynx one included)
    MP650 3w - 15* Orochi 75g Stiff shaft - Original Mizuno head cover
    MP650 5w - 18* Orochi 75g Stiff shaft - Original Mizuno head cover
  • MP-T11 50* with DG Spinner shaft (Wedge flex) - Club has been professionally stamped
  • MP-T4 54* KBS Tour 90 shaft (presume the tiny "R" on the label means Regular?)
  • MP-T4 58* KBS Tour 90 shaft (as above - selling as a pair - both clubs have been professionally stamped)
  • TP-9 iron "U" heads 3 - 9 (original condition - ideal for a full refurb?)
Paul - Smitty here. You sound like me after a few bevvies. Not suggesting that at 11am mate😀😀😀.

I think that we know each other well enough now not to be offended by gentle banter. I agree a clean up of old drivers and woods from 95 to 2010.... But never ever get rid of old grain flow blades.... they will only ever go up in value mate! Swear down.

Couple of years ago I went to a pro shop to offload my MP37's. Said he could get 100 quid and take 20 commision for shop credit, so would have 80 to spend in the shop.

No thanks.... they are mint. 3 to P... seen worse ones go for 300 on E bay recently.

By all means get rid of the drivers and metals and any cast cavity stuff but keep the blades.

Just my vho Paul.

Get the TP9's rechromed and regripped like I did with my MP14s, put them on a rack on the wall, open a beer and just go ahhh... Faldo .....Muirfield... 87.... Ahhhh

Take care dude..

Smithers

🥰🥰🥰😍😍😍😆😆😆

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Driver
Hi Smitty / Smithers ... No offence taken! - My drinking at 11am days are a dim & distant memory! - The TP heads have been sitting here for about 5 years & they were purchased with a re-chrome in mind - TBH I could stick a set of shafts in them now & they would be very usable (only the 8 iron has significant wear to face) but they need to go to a new home where they can either be used or given a full makeover like your beloved 37''s
Paul ;)

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Cheers Bud.

Still think you should keep them. Just my VHO. Only one way the value of classic GF Muzzy blades is going to go.

Rechroming is a little pricey ,around 400 quid + postage costs.

Here is somet idea outside the box...

A local workshop will strip them back with a grinder to raw steel for about 50 quid including taking out any dings' although when they lose the chrome and copper (?) it is unlikely that there will be any damage underneath.

That would be a really cool look I reckon.

How much are you wanting?

Smitty 👍😎

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Driver
A quick update on these great Mizuno goodies:
  • MP650 driver - 9.5* - NV Green 65g Stiff shaft & no head cover (old Lynx one included) - SOLD!
    MP650 3w - 15* Orochi 75g Stiff shaft - Original Mizuno head cover - SOLD!
    MP650 5w - 18* Orochi 75g Stiff shaft - Original Mizuno head cover - SOLD!
  • MP-T11 50* with DG Spinner shaft (Wedge flex) - Club has been professionally stamped - SOLD!
  • TP-9 iron "U" heads 3 - 9 (original condition - ideal for a full refurb?) - SOLD!
Most important of these sales was the TP-9 heads which have a new owner in the shape of the forum's very own "Steve Smith" \o/
What an absolute star Steve was & thanks to this trade & our mutual love of all things Mizuno & Classic Rock music, we are now
the best of friends - Typical of this forum I have to say (but you all know that from your own experiences!)
Paul

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Cheers Bud.

Still think you should keep them. Just my VHO. Only one way the value of classic GF Muzzy blades is going to go.

Rechroming is a little pricey ,around 400 quid + postage costs.

Here is somet idea outside the box...

A local workshop will strip them back with a grinder to raw steel for about 50 quid including taking out any dings' although when they lose the chrome and copper (?) it is unlikely that there will be any damage underneath.

That would be a really cool look I reckon.

How much are you wanting?

Smitty 👍😎
Hi smithy, Golf only in shropshire takes £.28.00 a head for refurbishment, shaft removed , Have used hima couple of times can recommend his work,

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Hi Stewart

Yes I have used Roger Morton's services on many occasions. He restored my MP14's, My Maxfli Dunlop Persimmons and my Miz Pro MS1 Persimmons. Amongst other bits and pieces. His fees were £45 for a wood and £40 per iron.... but that was with the shafts sent for removal then replacement. I dont have the skills to remove and replace shafts....
Roger no longer restores irons last time I was in touch... the rechroming was done by a classic car restoration company which has ceased trading... Lovely bloke though...
The TP9's from Paul are lovely, I got the shafts as well... nice NS Stiff... 4 to PW but the irons are 3 to 9.... only half inch difference and might be better.... I am not a tall man....

Paul and me have had a few laughs recently... top bloke 😀😀😎😎

Top Bottom