mtip83

HCP
Local club/country
Brighton, UK
Irons
JPX919 HM 4-6 + JPX919 HM Pro 7-PW
Driver
Mizuno MX560 10.5deg Reg
I’m wondering if anyone can shed any light for me on hybrids and lie angles. I’ve got a Combo set with JPX919 HM’s in the long irons but have always struggled to hit the 3 and 4 irons (even in my old JPX800 irons - it’s not a new thing). So I’ve been looking into buying a couple of secondhand 3 and 4 hybrids in an effort to get some more distance into my game but have hesitated as I’m not sure now about lie angles (maybe I’m reading too much into it). My irons are 2deg upright and +0.25” longer. I can’t seem to find any articles online which cover upright lies for hybrids - most sold being I assume standard lie. I know some later model hybrids (CLK 20) have hosel adjustment to alter the loft; not sure if that would have the same effect? Any comments/advice would be appreciated. Also, any hybrid recommendations would be helpful...I’m after something which is pretty easy to hit and get airborne. Thanks

Golfweasel

HCP
Local club/country
The Golf Club at Stonelick Hills, USA
Irons
JPX919 5-GW with KBS TGI shafts
Driver
Mizuno ST200 10.5 with Riptide Evenflow Small Batch CB 5.5 50g
I am also looking for CLK loft/lie adjustment chart. I have the 19* and reshafting with KBS Prototype 85g R+. Any help would be appreciated.

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
AFAIK there is no chart for the CLKs, but the sleeve works the same relative way as the one in the woods. Just take the 'neutral/std' specs as baseline and add 0.75 lie for each step until you reach 'up'.

LOS

Local club/country
England
I haven't seen a chart for the CLK's either.
There is a Japanese one for the Mizuno pro hybrids which may give you some idea even though the max lie angle is different.
1612950731483.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom