HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
All

Statement on the website has been updated this am. We're now advising our fitters to quote 90 days from order to dispatch as the expectation.
Full letter - https://mizunogolf.com/covid19-update-mizuno-emea-custom-fit/

For the immediate future – please place any custom orders with an expectation that you will need to wait up to 90 days before dispatch.

The majority of orders are being dispatched inside of that timeline. However, the complexities and volatility of the current supply chain are seemingly making it impossible to predict accurate delivery dates within that 3 month period. So please place any new orders knowing that you may need to endure a 3 month wait.

From October 2020 – January 2021 period, our actual turn-around times were;
  • 57% of all custom orders were shipped within 30 days of the order being placed.
  • 91% of all custom orders were shipped within 60 days of the order being placed.
  • 99% of all custom orders were shipped within 90 days of the order being placed.
Unfortunately it's appearing impossible prior to the event to know which section your order falls into - until the parts arrive. By that point we will have quickly moved to assembly and dispatch. Our window of knowledge and certainty is very short relative to the overall wait.

We will update the advice again on April 1st. Until then the advice is that you should expect to wait 90 days.

AlbertD

HCP
Local club/country
Sweden
Irons
JPX 921 Forged 5-PW
Driver
Ping G400
Thank you for your work and updates!

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
Thank you for the update. I appreciate the fact that you make clear what the status is!

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
Question on my side. I preordered the ST-Z Driver and 3 Wood a couple of weeks ago and am now being told by the seller that they are not being able to ship them until early May because there would not be any heads. Not shafts or grips but heads. Is that reasonable? That sounds a bit out of place for a pre order or is it just me? Any suggestions on wether I should cancel?

Tunny0

HCP
Local club/country
Bridlington
Irons
Jpx921 hot metal
Driver
Cobra King F9
I've totally lost faith in mizuno now, I've had 3 delivery dates and all 3 have not been met, excuse from mizuno components will arrive at a certain date and I've asked on each date if components have arrived and mizuno have said yes, so why am I being lied to

HCP
Local club/country
Stonebridge
I've totally lost faith in mizuno now, I've had 3 delivery dates and all 3 have not been met, excuse from mizuno components will arrive at a certain date and I've asked on each date if components have arrived and mizuno have said yes, so why am I being lied to
I've also just had my 3rd "promised" delivery date expire yesterday. All calls came via my club pro from the Mizuno support team, every time they said the clubs would leave the factory "in the next 48 hours".
That's now 116 days since order, stock issues or not, you've had 3 months to get your act together.
Yes I'm upset and disappointed.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Hi Tunny - no one anywhere is lying. But the dates the entire system relies on just aren't accurate enough at the moment. Between boats and factories i think its fair to say that the world is in a little chaos right now. If we've given out 3 dates - they were based on 3 dates we were also given.

Hence we are now no longer giving expected dates - as they've not proven to be reliable enough. There is also an issue that even when deliveries arrive, they may be sucked up by orders pre-existing even yours. It's a deficiency within the system that we accept does look open to interpretation.

We are now advising 3 months knowing that we will likely lose a of of orders in the process. But it seems the only responsible action in the circumstances.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
I've also just had my 3rd "promised" delivery date expire yesterday. All calls came via my club pro from the Mizuno support team, every time they said the clubs would leave the factory "in the next 48 hours".
That's now 116 days since order, stock issues or not, you've had 3 months to get your act together.
I can imagine. With the new 3 month guideline - will reduce orders in and help others in the future. Will look into yours - 116 days is well over.

Aldo

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
921 forged
Driver
Callaway big bertha alpha
Hi Tunny - no one anywhere is lying. But the dates the entire system relies on just aren't accurate enough at the moment. Between boats and factories i think its fair to say that the world is in a little chaos right now. If we've given out 3 dates - they were based on 3 dates we were also given.

Hence we are now no longer giving expected dates - as they've not proven to be reliable enough. There is also an issue that even when deliveries arrive, they may be sucked up by orders pre-existing even yours. It's a deficiency within the system that we accept does look open to interpretation.

We are now advising 3 months knowing that we will likely lose a of of orders in the process. But it seems the only responsible action in the circumstances.
Poor

Aldo

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
921 forged
Driver
Callaway big bertha alpha
I will never deal with mizuno again. Poor customer service. Every things blamed on covid .performance is below expectations

CH919Forged

HCP
Local club/country
Shandon Park NI
Irons
JPX 919 Forged 4-GW
Driver
Callaway XR 10.5 Project X Stiff
I will never deal with mizuno again. Poor customer service. Every things blamed on covid .performance is below expectations
Would be even better if you would never post on this forum again. You have received multiple reasonable explanations for the delays and yet you persist in trolling on a forum consisting mainly of people who are very happy with their clubs. You have demonstrated a fundamental lack of understanding of how a massive increase in demand coupled with restrictions in supply will impact lead times. Any other golf manufacturer would have the same issues. Meanwhile you continue to jump up and down like a spoilt child saying I want mine now. Go away and reflect on your behaviour.

Local club/country
Wiltshire
Bifey007 said:

I can imagine. With the new 3 month guideline - will reduce orders in and help others in the future. Will look into yours - 116 days is well over.

Perhaps MPX you could also check my order which, come next Tuesday, was placed four months ago.
921HM, NS Neo shafts, MCC+4 Grey grips.

LOS

Local club/country
England
I have just received an email from my retailer saying that I will have my ST-X driver next Tuesday. This will have taken just over 3 weeks and includes a re-order as the original shaft was out of stock. As long as the delivery staff don't lose it I am going to be a happy golfer.

DPD just confirmed it will be delivered Tuesday.

Last edited:

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Driver
I have just received an email from my retailer saying that I will have my ST-X driver next Tuesday. This will have taken just over 3 weeks and includes a re-order as the original shaft was out of stock. As long as the delivery staff don't lose it I am going to be a happy golfer.

DPD just confirmed it will be delivered Tuesday.
This makes it even weirder for me that apparently I would have to wait until early May at the earliest. I don't know what to think of that, it sounds off to me. How can it be sold out when I preordered. Have Mizuno underestimated demand this much again? I thought after last year they would produce a bit more from the get go.

HCP
Local club/country
Les ormes
Would be even better if you would never post on this forum again. You have received multiple reasonable explanations for the delays and yet you persist in trolling on a forum consisting mainly of people who are very happy with their clubs. You have demonstrated a fundamental lack of understanding of how a massive increase in demand coupled with restrictions in supply will impact lead times. Any other golf manufacturer would have the same issues. Meanwhile you continue to jump up and down like a spoilt child saying I want mine now. Go away and reflect on your behaviour.
As much as I agree with all the reasons mizuno are giving and I’m trying to be patient (10 weeks on Monday since I ordered my set) my friends just ordered a driver from callaway, custom fit and it was down with in the week... I know that’s only one club and it’s a completely different making one driver to a set of irons but I’ve seen on here someone just ordered the new ST driver and because of the shaft it won’t be ready till June!

Another friend of mine ordered a set of Taylormade custom irons and that only took 5 weeks to come down, unless mizuno are dominating the market in orders over the other company’s, others seem to be doing rather well, still longer wait times than normal but a lot quicker than mizuno!

I’ve got another fitting next Saturday form driver down to 4 iron and we’ll see how long the mizuno competitors take and we can compare

LOS

Local club/country
England
This makes it even weirder for me that apparently I would have to wait until early May at the earliest. I don't know what to think of that, it sounds off to me. How can it be sold out when I preordered. Have Mizuno underestimated demand this much again? I thought after last year they would produce a bit more from the get go.
It does seem strange as I remember you asking about woods https://mizunoforum.com/threads/february-custom-fit-leadtime-europe.27693/post-148454
This was the same day that I placed an order through my retailer although I expect Mizuno wouldn't get the order until the following week.

CH919Forged

HCP
Local club/country
Shandon Park NI
Irons
JPX 919 Forged 4-GW
Driver
Callaway XR 10.5 Project X Stiff
As much as I agree with all the reasons mizuno are giving and I’m trying to be patient (10 weeks on Monday since I ordered my set) my friends just ordered a driver from callaway, custom fit and it was down with in the week... I know that’s only one club and it’s a completely different making one driver to a set of irons but I’ve seen on here someone just ordered the new ST driver and because of the shaft it won’t be ready till June!

Another friend of mine ordered a set of Taylormade custom irons and that only took 5 weeks to come down, unless mizuno are dominating the market in orders over the other company’s, others seem to be doing rather well, still longer wait times than normal but a lot quicker than mizuno!

I’ve got another fitting next Saturday form driver down to 4 iron and we’ll see how long the mizuno competitors take and we can compare
Good luck with the fitting. I've no doubt I'd be wound up if I was waiting 10 weeks on clubs, but some of the posts on here from the "I'm never using mizuno again" crowd really do read like they're written by spoilt children. Whatever you end up with enjoy your golf.

Local club/country
Wiltshire
Bifey007 said:

Perhaps MPX you could also check my order which, come next Tuesday, was placed four months ago.
921HM, NS Neo shafts, MCC+4 Grey grips.
Just had confirmation clubs now built and awaiting shipping. Happy when they eventually arrive.

Dmcinn

HCP
Local club/country
Scotland
Irons
MP20 4-PW
Driver
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9 degree Ventus Red
Thought I would take time to post my experience as there seems to be a lot of negative feedback on the feed. My custom fit order of MP20 irons was placed on the 27th of January and irons took 20 working days to arrive (This was the exact time given to me by my fitter). It does seem to be the case that it depends completely on the combination of grip/shaft/cliubhead as to how long orders are taking. I seem to be one of the lucky ones just thought i would make it known that it is not all bad! I had a great experience with my order with plenty of updates from my fitter as I was patiently waiting.

Tunny0

HCP
Local club/country
Bridlington
Irons
Jpx921 hot metal
Driver
Cobra King F9
Cant get my head round this my order delivery date has been postponed on 3 dates only last week Mizuno told me new date of end of march and today I gwtca phonecall from my fitter my blue box is here haha

Thanks Mizuno and sorry for all the grief I may have caused 🤣

Top Bottom