Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
Hi Brian ... Sorry I couldn't make this, but it looks like it was a great day - On the putter front, did you try the new OMOI putters & if so, how did they compare with the IV you obviously like enough to buy?
Paul
The omoi putters were lovely too Paul. I would be happy with any in the bag. Very similar feel and the black finish looks great. Think one of the reasons I gravitated to the mcraft4 was the grip was less chunky. The omoi that were there had pretty large grips and I like a more traditional thinner grip. The interchangeable weights on them all really let you get the feel right which was great. Dan knocked in the 13g for me and it just felt really solid even on the slight mis hits. Testing putters with a grip that suits you is a challenge. Interchangeable grips for putter testing @MPX ?

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
The omoi putters were lovely too Paul. I would be happy with any in the bag. Very similar feel and the black finish looks great. Think one of the reasons I gravitated to the mcraft4 was the grip was less chunky. The omoi that were there had pretty large grips and I like a more traditional thinner grip. The interchangeable weights on them all really let you get the feel right which was great. Dan knocked in the 13g for me and it just felt really solid even on the slight mis hits. Testing putters with a grip that suits you is a challenge. Interchangeable grips for putter testing @MPX ?
I used my new OMOI today. Love the putter, but the grip took some getting used to. I'm pretty sure that grip was very much part of the overall weight design. I;m pretty sure the rest of the putter is design to play with that size / weight grip alone.

drunkenmunky

HCP
Local club/country
http;//www.broadstonegolfclub.com
Irons
JPX 923 Forged 5-Pw UST recoil ESX shafts
Driver
Ping G430
I used my new OMOI today. Love the putter, but the grip took some getting used to. I'm pretty sure that grip was very much part of the overall weight design. I;m pretty sure the rest of the putter is design to play with that size / weight grip alone.

Which model did you go for?

Happy putting 😉

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Fabulous Frinton on Sea ESSEX
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
Mizuno MX700 JPX EZ ,GT & ST180 & ST180G
Great action shot of me walking off into the sunset...🤣🤣😉
Yeah nice piccy mate, you will like this I have just got my gear out for a sort out and clean and found twelve sticks of Frinton rock, old age stikes again.

drunkenmunky

HCP
Local club/country
http;//www.broadstonegolfclub.com
Irons
JPX 923 Forged 5-Pw UST recoil ESX shafts
Driver
Ping G430
Yeah nice piccy mate, you will like this I have just got my gear out for a sort out and clean and found twelve sticks of Frinton rock, old age stikes again.

Mate...🤣🤣

Good job it doesn't go off,put it back in your bag ready for next year's get together 😉

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
Mate...🤣🤣

Good job it doesn't go off,put it back in your bag ready for next year's get together 😉
Will do mate, have we a date and location yet?????

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver

RobCH

HCP
Local club/country
Nomadic
Irons
JPX 900 Forged 5-PW, JPX FliHi 4, T7 50, 54, 58 wedges. Odyssey Tank putter
Driver
GT180 driver & 3 wood, JPX 900 3 Hybrid
Thanks everyone - we started small, but really pleased to get the Forum day back up and running. Missed Deemac and Big Pete.

We'll make this an annual event from now - big or small.

Nice to see you all.
It looks wonderful, and brings back lots of good memories of past events. I'll keep a better lookout next year! Been laid low with something this summer (not Covid apparently) which really knocked my lungs and stamina. Managing nine holes max on foot at the moment, eighteen only with a buggy, but hopefully will be back to full round capability by 2023...

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
It looks wonderful, and brings back lots of good memories of past events. I'll keep a better lookout next year! Been laid low with something this summer (not Covid apparently) which really knocked my lungs and stamina. Managing nine holes max on foot at the moment, eighteen only with a buggy, but hopefully will be back to full round capability by 2023...
Get well soon mate, would be good to see you again 🙌🏻

Top Bottom