Misaligned grips

HCP
Local club/country
US
Irons
Mizuno MP20 MB 4-PW
Driver
Mizuno ST Z
Bit of a rant, I was stoked to get my clubs today and most of the grips are misaligned, some pretty badly. I'm sure most of us watched the Mizuno video on Youtube where they're building the clubs and they use a laser to line up the grips. Bit of a buzzkill to drop a couple grand on a full bag of Mizunos, wedges to driver, wait for them for 6 weeks and get them in this state, now I'm worried if the lie and length are right, just sucks man. Positive note, beautiful clubs.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Sorry to hear that. If they actually came from the factory that way, I'd definitely get in touch with the company you bought them through and ask it to be made right. Maybe the store could do it themselves and arrange to be paid back by Mizuno.

Like many, I don't need any extra distractions on the course. Something I tried at the advice of a friend was to put new grips on my clubs with the logo down. If the misaligned grips were very noticeable, maybe when they get fixed, you would like to consider putting your new grips logo down.

HCP
Local club/country
US
Irons
Mizuno MP20 MB 4-PW
Driver
Mizuno ST Z
The store I got them from took care of everything, found out the misaligned grips weren't the only problem. I ordered 3 wraps of tape, some had 1 wrap, others two, it was all over the place. Length was perfect on all clubs, 5 clubs had to have their lie adjusted. Disappointed with the quality control but now that they're fixed I'm glad I went Mizuno, beautiful clubs.

HCP
Local club/country
Waterview / USA
Irons
jpx921 HM Pro / 5-GW
Driver
Taylor M1 / 10.5 /
Must be the difference between Japanese and US manufacture sorry to say. Mine are on order and I would hate to have problems like this out of the box.

Top Bottom