djp

HCP
Local club/country
Batchwood Hall Golf Club
Irons
JPX800 Pro 5-PW MPT11 52/07, 58/10, 64/07, JPX 800 Hybrid 17 and 22
Driver
Driver JPX 800 10.5 Fubuki 3w JPX 800 Fubuki
At the time of writing, Luke has not qualified for the Open, nor did he make it to Augusta or qualify for the US Open. This has got me to thinking about Luke as a Vice Captain for the 2018 Ryder Cup. As Luke continues to work hard on his golf 'game improving' (Luke Twitter 16 7 17), the results of his efforts are not yet being reflected in his scores. Currently ranked 207th in the European Tour Race to Dubai and 91st in the Official World Golf Ranking means that there is a lot of good players in front of him for the European Ryder Cup Team. So, I'm thinking that he may not qualify automatically for the team, but I think that he would be a great Vice Captain with his excellent Ryder Cup record and experience. As a current player he also knows the players. I believe that Luke has many years of great golf in front of him and that he could make a fantastic contribution as a Vice Captain. What do you think? 

LOS

Local club/country
England
Annual ritual?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25920&hilit=luke+donald

I don't think Luke spends enough time on the European Tour to know a lot about many of the younger players on tour and I still think he lacks a bit of motivation. He was one of the 3 hosts for the British Masters, supported by Sky, and Westwood will complete the 3'rd of those this year so I expect Luke to compete in that and I would not be surprised if it was the last European competition he plays in the UK and concentrates on the PGA tour with a couple of sponsored events worldwide.
 I still expect a Frenchman to be a Vice Captain as the locals will be able to relate to him and would be good PR.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
If he doesn't qualify to play, does he have such a good Ryder Cup record that he should be should be considered as a Captain's Pick?

As for the Assistant Captain position, does Luke have a reputation for being inspiring to his teammates in the locker room?

I honestly don't know...

djp

HCP
Local club/country
Batchwood Hall Golf Club
Irons
JPX800 Pro 5-PW MPT11 52/07, 58/10, 64/07, JPX 800 Hybrid 17 and 22
Driver
Driver JPX 800 10.5 Fubuki 3w JPX 800 Fubuki
Top Bottom