Luke Donald back on the PGA Tour

RMM

HCP
Local club/country
Golf St. Apollinaire (France)
Irons
MP-68 DG-S300 3, Black Nickel 4 - PW / MP-T11 Black Nickel 50/52/54/56/58/60/64 / Bobby Grace Putter / Back-up irons: MP-60 2-P, MP-67 2-P
Driver
TSi2 10 Tensei blue/ 910F 15 Kai'li / 910F 19 Kai'li
Solid first round at -2. Thumbs up for more to come.

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
I hope he comes back.

Former world no 1

Best iron player in the world for a lot of years.

Mizuno flag bearer.

I think Luke has got drowned by the length obsession now. He hits a good drive but...

He is a smaller guy getting on in years and just cant keep up with the neanderthals any more now.

Shame, such a talent... perhaps if he goes to Bryson's steroid dealer....

I dont think he would stoop that low.

I think his testes are more important to him than having two peanuts between his legs.

Drug testing in golf is 40 years behind every other sport.

I mean ... look at DeChambeau... drugs cheat aside... he stands up with his arms and club in a straight line... then does a long drive comp swing... is this really what we want our kids to aspire to????

Where is the craft? ... where is the artistry?... where is the skill and judgement?...

Is this what our game has become.... a shoot out in the gym??...

My hero was Seve... nuff said

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Wow, where did that come from .... First round -7 at the AT&T Byron Nelson . Here's hoping he can keep it going.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Thanks for getting me out of some yard work. Now that I know Luke is playing well, I'll simply have to get my priorities straight and watch golf on tv instead of fertilizing the fruit trees.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Tough day on Friday, but, Luke is through to the weekend 😁

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
Another good round on Saturday, 66. Here's hoping for a good finish tomorrow

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
Sunday brought a closing 67, so, a great week for Luke. Here's hoping he can build on this and take some confidence 8nt into his next event.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
That was good to see. Issue is that Luke doesn't have many starts at the moment. Must be tough to get a rhythm going.

RMM

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-68 DG-S300 3, Black Nickel 4 - PW / MP-T11 Black Nickel 50/52/54/56/58/60/64 / Bobby Grace Putter / Back-up irons: MP-60 2-P, MP-67 2-P
Driver
That was good to see. Issue is that Luke doesn't have many starts at the moment. Must be tough to get a rhythm going.
Do you know when his current exemption status is about to expire? By the end of the season in September?

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Do you know when his current exemption status is about to expire? By the end of the season in September?
I think Luke was just born 15 years too late.... He reminds me of Faldo.... skill, craft, course management, pure ball striking etc. If Luke had played alongside Sir Nick in the 80's and 90's instead of the modern WWF Wrestler era, I am very sure he would have won a couple of majors at least....

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
I think Luke was just born 15 years too late.... He reminds me of Faldo.... skill, craft, course management, pure ball striking etc. If Luke had played alongside Sir Nick in the 80's and 90's instead of the modern WWF Wrestler era, I am very sure he would have won a couple of majors at least....
Sir Nick said in an interview....he was being honest and not boasting...

"I think 1996 was the last year I could compete... I was the last of the craftsmen. Tiger came along in 97 and it changed the way golf is played.... Yes we had Greg and Seve and Jack hitting it long in my day... but Tiger changed everything after that Masters.... every shot became flat out ... and the courses became longer and longer... every player started pumping iron to get longer.... the 11th at Augusta was 455 when I won in 96... I would hit a little fade around the trees and a 4 iron in... after that the guys would belt it high over the trees and hit 8 iron in.... they have lengthened it to 505 now and some of the guys are STILL HITTING 8 IRON IN"

It was a prophetic interview, whateveryou think of Nick....

RMM

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Does anyone know what his tour status will be next season? Korn Ferry?

LOS

Local club/country
England
Does anyone know what his tour status will be next season? Korn Ferry?
With his finishing position in the FedEx standings he had the opportunity to play in the Korn Ferry Tour Finals for one of 25 available PGA Tour cards, however he is not listed in the field for the first of the 3 tournaments. Given his poor finishing positions in the last 4 years he will be considering his future which may not include playing on Tour.
1629195227805.png

LOS

Local club/country
England
Surprised to see him playing in the Acciona Open de España this weekend. He finished 12 shots of the lead in 53rd place.

1633882104430.png

LOS

Local club/country
England
Luke is playing in the Butterfield Bermuda Championship this weekend. I don't know whether this is part of his 20/21 exemption or if he had an invite.
He had a good 2nd round and his stats havn't been this good for a while.

1635582517821.png

LOS

Local club/country
England
His 3rd rd was not as good as the 2nd but included an eagle on the 7th. He is 10 shots behind the leader going into the final round.

1635672879367.png

Top Bottom