HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I'm sure a few years ago, I found an archive of Mizuno club specs. I was able to look up specifications so I could have a set of used clubs adjusted to factory specs. Now, i can't find it anywhere.

I'm trying to determine whether "Standard" length on a set of JPX 850 Forged irons with graphite shafts is longer than the same set with steel shafts.

Does anyone know where that archive might be? A simple Google search isn't turning it up for anything beyond 2012.

Thanks

Last edited:

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Hi Dennis ... I haven't seen anything with the information you require but it used to be the norm for an iron with a graphite rather than a steel shaft to be 1/2" longer? - Other specs (loft / lie etc) for Mizuno irons can be found on the Timeline here: https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons-timeline/
Hope that helps
Paul

LOS

Local club/country
England
Last edited:

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
What I'm running into is a fear I'll presume too much. We tend to think a club with a graphite shaft will be 1/2" to 1" longer by design than the same club with a steel shaft, but I seem to be running into some cases where it doesn't appear so.

Obviously I'm looking at Mizuno clubs as a preference, but just the way places like ebay work with their suggestions of similar things, I've seen some Titleist and Cobra offerings too. According to the only source I can find, it would suggest Titleist irons are the same length regardless of the shaft. Cobra makes a hybrid combo set with the F6 or F7 irons, depending which year model, and the irons in those sets are 1/2" longer than the same irons in a plain iron set.

What so many sellers say is that a set is standard length... But what the heck is the standard if you can't find proper specs that specify the difference between steel or graphite shafts? I'm making a very generalized statement, not specific to Mizuno because most manufacturers don't seem to provide all that much differentiation. In these days when we think anything is available on the internet, I'm surprised this hasn't been so easily found.

What I'm looking at is a set of 850 forged irons with factory installed graphite shafts. It's the 5-PW in good condition at a fair price. Right now, my 900 HM set has a 39.25" five iron. I could easily deal with it being 1" shorter if I could just find the information. I just don't want to presume too much and wind up with a set I'm not comfortable with.

Top Bottom