Kirkland Signature feels like an MPS

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
I found one of these in the rough today.

I had never heard of them and thought "another bloody pebble to throw into the farmers field".

Then I looked at it and felt the surface. It did not seem like a cow ball. I stuck my fingernail in and the cover felt soft and like a Mizuno MPS which is my game ball. I hit it and it felt great and a couple of chips felt nice and spun well.

Has anyone else come across these balls and know anything about them?

Cheers

Last edited:

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Hello ... Yes the Kirkland Signature made a big noise across the pond 3 or 4 years ago, but until this year was not sold in the UK Costco - I got a member there to get me a box to try & would agree with Smithy that they feel good - More like a Pro V in my experience - They are just as long & spin round the green nicely - I would be happy to use them all the time apart from one flaw - They mark too easily, especially from sand - But when you can buy a box of 24 for £20 + vat it's hard to complain too much? - If they ever decide to make a ball with a better cover, I'd be all over it ...
Paul

LOS

Local club/country
England
Shockingly they are up to nearly £30. They have started selling their putters in the UK as well.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
They already have changed the cover. This new version has the improved covers

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
They already have changed the cover. This new version has the improved covers
That explains why they recently were selling 10x dozen for £100! - Presumably getting rid of the old stock (?)
Have you tried the new version yet Nige?
Cheers
Paul
Edit: Actually the ball have listed for sale (costco.co.uk) is the one I have been using "Kirkland Signature Performance +" Three-piece Urethane cover
I did read on GolfWRX that certain batches of the ball had sub-standard covers, so maybe I was unlucky & got a box of those - When I need some more
balls I will give them another try as they are amazing vfm (imho)

Last edited:
Top Bottom