HCP
Local club/country
Brocket hall, Knebworth..
Irons
Mizuno - MP 5... 4- PW , DG X100 , 2 deg up, + 0.5
Driver
Titliest 915 D3. Whiteboard
Hi
I understand that Mizuno may be soon offering KBS tour shafts as part of it custom fit options, can you tell me when the fitting centres will be able to stock these, and also if fitted for the KBS upgrades would i be able to have my clubs shafts changed on site ?

regards
Paul

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto
Hi Paul

We're hoping to be able to start offering these around the end of September.

If they're the best ones for you we can reshaft your irons at our factory in Scotland but not at the Fitting Centres.

Best regards, UTY

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
Any idea if these shafts will be offered in the states also?

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Driver
unbeatenthisyear said:
Please to say they will be.

Best regards, UTY
i will need to buy another set.. Is this the same timeframe here in the states??

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto
I believe so. May vary by a week or 2 either way depending on who gets their orders in first!

Best regards, UTY

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Bearwood Lakes, Berkshire
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Tirtleist 913D3, Oban Devotion
This will be a good addition to the custom fitting options. May kick PX out of a lot of bags.

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Driver
unbeatenthisyear said:
I believe so. May vary by a week or 2 either way depending on who gets their orders in first!

Best regards, UTY
Thanks!!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
I've heard quite a bit about these shafts!

Can any of the Mizuno Staffers tell us the benefits or distinct carachteristics if these shafts?

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Driver
Deemac said:

Can any of the Mizuno Staffers tell us the benefits or distinct carachteristics if these shafts?
Yes, I wouuld also like to hear about these shafts.. Why will these shafts make a set of MP-52's better then another Shaft (DGS)

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
anchorpags said:
Deemac said:

Yes, I wouuld also like to hear about these shafts.. Why will these shafts make a set of MP-52's better then another Shaft (DGS)

Lower spin, get ball elevated quickly but with flat penetrating flight, also feel great.

DG tend to start off lower, climb quickly, then sometimes drop out of the sky. Higher spin shaft.

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Driver
mjtoal said:
anchorpags said:
Deemac said:

Lower spin, get ball elevated quickly but with flat penetrating flight, also feel great.

DG tend to start off lower, climb quickly, then sometimes drop out of the sky. Higher spin shaft.
Soft feel like sensicore on off-center shots??

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Sounds Interesting! Who wouldn't want less spin and more penetrating flight?? Especially here in Scotland, when shooting into and accross the wind is almost a daily requirement!

Wedgenut

HCP
Scr
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-63BNI 4-PW Monaco X T-11BNI 50/54/58 Spinner W
Driver
MP-630 10.5 Project X 6B7 JPX800 15 RIP Beta 70S
http://www.kbsshafts.com/technology.php

Hi guys from a tour point of view it's hard to put a shaft in a specific box in terms of launch and spin whatever the shaft manufacturer says.
Two of our Staff guys Ignacio Garrido and Pelle Edberg use KBS, but for very different reasons.
Ignacio changed in June from Dynamic Gold X300 and achieved more ball speed and a higher launch angle.
Pelle Edberg changed from Dynamic Gold S400. The flight pattern, Ball Speed and Carry were identical. Pelle changed solely because he preferred the feel.
One of our non contracted Mizuno users Maarten Lafeber tested KBS against Standard Rifle and found the spin rate was higher.
If you are looking at a new set it's best to compare shafts on a launch monitor as shafts work differently for different golfers.

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Wedgenut said:

Hi guys from a tour point of view it's hard to put a shaft in a specific box in terms of launch and spin whatever the shaft manufacturer says.
Two of our Staff guys Ignacio Garrido and Pelle Edberg use KBS, but for very different reasons.
Ignacio changed in June from Dynamic Gold X300 and achieved more ball speed and a higher launch angle.
Pelle Edberg changed from Dynamic Gold S400. The flight pattern, Ball Speed and Carry were identical. Pelle changed solely because he preferred the feel.
One of our non contracted Mizuno users Maarten Lafeber tested KBS against Standard Rifle and found the spin rate was higher.
If you are looking at a new set it's best to compare shafts on a launch monitor as shafts work differently for different golfers.

Fair points.

The story goes that PX shafts were designed for Phil Mick as prototypes not originally intended to be made available for retail. Phil liked the boardy feeling and highish but flattish flight. Then other players picked them up, including Garcia and they ended up getting popular and going to retail. Then TT bought Royal Precision and the rights to PX shafts, but not the actual tooling equipment, and a number of pros have recently been thinking that the quality of the TT version was not so good and have been either using their stores of original PX shafts or looking for something else.

Lead designer of the original PX shaft was Kim Braly, hence KB of KBS golf. He is said to have designed these shafts to play like PX but with much better feel.

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Driver
mjtoal said:
Wedgenut said:

Fair points.

The story goes that PX shafts were designed for Phil Mick as prototypes not originally intended to be made available for retail. Phil liked the boardy feeling and highish but flattish flight. Then other players picked them up, including Garcia and they ended up getting popular and going to retail. Then TT bought Royal Precision and the rights to PX shafts, but not the actual tooling equipment, and a number of pros have recently been thinking that the quality of the TT version was not so good and have been either using their stores of original PX shafts or looking for something else.

Lead designer of the original PX shaft was Kim Braly, hence KB of KBS golf. He is said to have designed these shafts to play like PX but with much better feel.
Thanks for the added input

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Wedgenut said:

+1

I wouldn't have believed the difference in shafts until I seen it with my own eyes on the launch monitor!

And I also completely agree that two golfers of the same handicap will have completely different results from the same shaft due to the very personal nature of swing dynamics!

You really need to try them out to see what suits YOU!!

Top Bottom