JPX fly hi vs clk

HCP
Local club/country
Bahia Beach Golf Club
Irons
JPX 900 forged pw- 7iron Hot Metal 6 iron
Driver
Ping Anser 10.5
Getting a new set of hybrids and noticed that JPX Fli Hi offers only shafts for irons which kind of does not make sense.
CLK offers graphite hybrid shafts that is what I am looking for but JPX Fli hi are supposed to be more forgiving correct? Any input will help. Actually using JPX 825 hybrid with Orichi 70 gr shaft but the new JPX does not offer something similar CLK does. I am lost !!!!!!

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
The FliHi's are meant to replace long irons @ same distance, where CLK is more an addition to the top of the bag > longer. Keeping the shafts in line with the irons helps to see & swing them as irons. If you need graphite & lite, Recoil ESX are an option offered (F3=64g). A good fitter should be able to provide you with any shaft in it, though it might cost more depending on their account/business model.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
The FliHi's are meant to replace long irons @ same distance, where CLK is more an addition to the top of the bag > longer. Keeping the shafts in line with the irons helps to see & swing them as irons. If you need graphite & lite, Recoil ESX are an option offered (F3=64g). A good fitter should be able to provide you with any shaft in it, though it might cost more depending on their account/business model.
MTR is correct that the Fli-Hi's were not designed as stand alone hybrids like the CLK - When buying a set of JPX irons they give you the option to replace the long irons with a "hybrid iron" - Therefore the fitter would expect to fit the same iron shaft (including the Recoil) as your iron set to help get the gapping of the set right
Fitting a lighter graphite shaft defeats the object of the JPX Fli-Hi as it would make gapping much harder to get right
There has always been a theory about hybrids (stand alone ones) that fitting an iron shaft (to match your iron set perhaps) gets much better performance? - That has been my experience over a number of years, though my last few have worked well with the stock graphite shaft, albeit quite a heavy weight one
Hope that helps?
Paul

HCP
Local club/country
Bahia Beach Golf Club
Irons
JPX 900 forged pw- 7iron Hot Metal 6 iron
Driver
Ping Anser 10.5
Guys thanks for the insight going with Fly hi with same shafts and the irons.

Top Bottom