JPX 921 HOT METAL - Paint Imperfections

HCP
Local club/country
Lakewood Country Club
Hi Mizuno Community,

I recently received my JPX 921 HMs (a little less than a month ago), and definitely love them. BUT, today I noticed that the paint or coating on the 8-iron is starting to bubble on the club head and on some parts it has completely flaked off. Being that these clubs are not even a month old + just released in September, is this normal??? Not sure what to do and a bit concerned that the others irons will start to do the same. Thanks.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Have you got any pics ?

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
That's a real shame - Not easy to see the bubbling on my laptop, but from what I can see something has definitely gone awry with the paint on that club - I would be taking the club(s) back to my supplier - Although I will no doubt incur the wrath of "purists" everywhere, if they were my clubs, I would be looking to get some iron covers pronto as paint on that area of a club is bound to flake off quickly with normal bag clatter - Older clubs had paint in the cavities, & this used to wear after a few seasons, but if that is a paint finish on the back of the club, it is even more vulnerable imho?
Good luck ... Paul

HCP
Local club/country
Lakewood Country Club
That's a real shame - Not easy to see the bubbling on my laptop, but from what I can see something has definitely gone awry with the paint on that club - I would be taking the club(s) back to my supplier - Although I will no doubt incur the wrath of "purists" everywhere, if they were my clubs, I would be looking to get some iron covers pronto as paint on that area of a club is bound to flake off quickly with normal bag clatter - Older clubs had paint in the cavities, & this used to wear after a few seasons, but if that is a paint finish on the back of the club, it is even more vulnerable imho?
Good luck ... Paul
Thanks Paul, I’ve reached out to Mizuno and waiting on a response. I agree that the wear is inevitable after a few seasons (maybe one), but like I said the 921s clubs were released in September and I received mine not even a month ago. Appreciate your feedback.

Top Bottom