JPX 919 Hot Metal - Lie adjustment

Local club/country
UK
Hi

Does anyone know if the lie angle of the JPX 919 HM can be adjusted after purchase?

I am confused between cast and forged clubs. The 919 is not forged so I assume can’t be adjusted (like most cast super game improvement irons).

Is this correct or is this Chromoly material capable of adjustment?

My fitter/coach recommends a certain lie angle and suggests we can alter it as I improve.

Thanks

LOS

Local club/country
England
The 919 hot metal and hot metal pro are very similar and Snainto golf offer these Lie options
snaint.jpg
The future adjustment assumes you have bought std lie.

Last edited:

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
Hi

Does anyone know if the lie angle of the JPX 919 HM can be adjusted after purchase?

I am confused between cast and forged clubs. The 919 is not forged so I assume can’t be adjusted (like most cast super game improvement irons).

Is this correct or is this Chromoly material capable of adjustment?

My fitter/coach recommends a certain lie angle and suggests we can alter it as I improve.

Thanks
Can Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal irons be bent?

As far as I am aware yes they can be up to +/- 2deg

The following information is from (Golfpunkhq.com)

"The newest Hot Metal is called Chromoly 4140M. Mizuno has given these the thinnest ever cup face they've ever been able to put on an iron. ... The Chromoly, as well as being strong enough to produce a thinner face, is also soft enough that it can be bent safely for loft and lie adjustments.16 Aug 2016"

POB

Local club/country
United Kingdom
You will be able to get the lie angle changed to suit i'm sure, because I believe the Mizuno 919 irons have a lie angle that is approx 2 degrees flatter than standard fit clubs from other manufacturers, Mizuno 919 are 61.5 degree for 7 iron while Titleist T300/T200, Ping 410, Taylormade Sim Max irons all have a lie angle of 63 degrees standard.

Local club/country
UK
Can Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal irons be bent?

As far as I am aware yes they can be up to +/- 2deg

The following information is from (Golfpunkhq.com)

"The newest Hot Metal is called Chromoly 4140M. Mizuno has given these the thinnest ever cup face they've ever been able to put on an iron. ... The Chromoly, as well as being strong enough to produce a thinner face, is also soft enough that it can be bent safely for loft and lie adjustments.16 Aug 2016"
Thank you.

Local club/country
Charlotte, NC
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4-GW
Driver
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9° Project X Even Flow Black
My hot metal pros are 3° upright from the factory so bending them is not a problem

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
919 forged 5-pw
Driver
G200 9*
You will be able to get the lie angle changed to suit i'm sure, because I believe the Mizuno 919 irons have a lie angle that is approx 2 degrees flatter than standard fit clubs from other manufacturers, Mizuno 919 are 61.5 degree for 7 iron while Titleist T300/T200, Ping 410, Taylormade Sim Max irons all have a lie angle of 63 degrees standard.
Hi I have a set of 919 forged 2flat on order and am changing from G410's 2flat... So am I correct in thinking the new mizunos will be 3.5 flat compared to the G410's

POB

Local club/country
United Kingdom
With both set to 2 degree flat (your new and current clubs), they will be 1.5 degree flatter, based on the data on the manufacturers websites. However a 2 degree flat set of Mizuno 919F and a factory spec G410 would be 3.5 degree difference.

Some manufacturers change the difference between each club as they progress up or down the lofts, but I think its a guide to how Mizuno are set in standard form.

I think that's right but If not correct others will chime in.

LOS

Local club/country
England
Hi I have a set of 919 forged 2flat on order and am changing from G410's 2flat... So am I correct in thinking the new mizunos will be 3.5 flat compared to the G410's
No. A std. 919F 6 iron has a lie angle of 61* and a std. G410 6 iron has a lie angle of 61.5* which is 0.5* difference, if the 919F's go 2* degrees flatter there will still only be 0.5* difference between the 2* flat 919F 6 iron and the 2*flat G410 6 iron.
Lie angles on Mizuno irons are a consistent 0.5* between lofts whereas your G410's are not.
https://ping.com/en-us/clubs/irons/g410 see specification
https://mizunogolf.com/uk/golf-clubs/jpx919-series/jpx919-forged/
You will need to remember that the G410's have stronger lofts and do you want the lie angle adjusted for iron number or for the loft. Bottom line on this forum is go and get fitted.

Last edited:

POB

Local club/country
United Kingdom
Thanks Los for help with the lofts but strangely the link in your post is for US spec G410 which do show a different lie angle to the UK ones for some reason. (at least on the website)

Either way a fitting is essential ;)

UK website below showing G410 lie angles which is where i based my info. Perhaps Ping have the info incorrect on one of the sites?

g410.JPG

919.JPG

LOS

Local club/country
England
Ping US use black for std lie and Ping EU use blue for std lie.

1595495827421.png

Last edited:
HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
919 forged 5-pw
Driver
G200 9*
Thanks for the info guys very informative, I was fitted for my full bag but was just curious as to how flatter mizuno are as knew they were slightly flatter (shorter used to be standard as well but gone with the devil 😂) I wasn't actually fitted for lie angle shaft length via a static, just gone on fitters recommendation from how he seen me hit it.... Standard length irons/wedges 32deg 7ir - 2 flat
Hybrids/3wood 1/2 shorter
Driver standard length
Any reason hybrids/3 Wood would be shorter

LOS

Local club/country
England
I thought the new 3D Shaft Optimizer did lie angles.
As you got fit for a full bag the fitter will have seen you hit the hybrids and 3 wood and possibly decided that your strike and dispersion could be improved with shorter shafts.

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
919 forged 5-pw
Driver
G200 9*
I think it does do the lie angles, great piece of kit I must admit, really interesting seeing the info especially how steady the shafts picked compared to the G410's shaft, tbh I wasn't going for the irons it was the woods I was going for because was trying to get my spin rate down but just loved how the irons felt actually preferred the forged to the tours

Top Bottom