Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
LOS said:
I haven't been paying much attention to this saga but one thing that has stood out out, for me. is the lack of appearance and comment by Mark Steinberg who I expected to show up in Florida ASAP and handle the whole affair for Tiger. Has there been some form of disagreement?
I hadn't thought of that and you're right. He's conspicuous by his absence.

Lots of the tour pros have defended Tiger, or at the least wished him better health and a speedy return to competition, but any comment from Tiger's entourage has been slow in coming forward.

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
MP 53 5-PW Phoenix. Titleist SM6 50/54/58 deg.; Ray Cook SR 500
Driver
JPX 900 driver & 3 wood; CLK 19 & 22 deg.
I find it shocking that the police have seen fit to release footage of Woods within the police compound. He's clearly confused and in no position to communicate. Let's hope he seeks help.

slash

HCP
ear2ear
Local club/country
Canada
Irons
MP64 & MP R
Driver
™ SuperTri v2
No forks available, looks done.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
OhBoy! said:
I find it shocking that the police have seen fit to release footage of Woods within the police compound. He's clearly confused and in no position to communicate. Let's hope he seeks help.
I don't know what the normal procedure for that is elsewhere, but it's becoming pretty common in the U.S. to show the dash camera or the camera footage from what is worn by many law officers.

I don't know that it's always shown, but I think it has more to do with how important it is to be seen, either by an angry mob who might defend a genuinely guilty individual or by other police officers to perpetually warn them about not letting their emotions get away from them.

In Tiger's case, and I hate to say this, I have to guess it's being shown just because it's news. I don't think they would show me on camera if I did the exact same thing.

slash

HCP
ear2ear
Local club/country
Canada
Irons
MP64 & MP R
Driver
™ SuperTri v2
DennisMiller said:
OhBoy! said:
I don't know what the normal procedure for that is elsewhere, but it's becoming pretty common in the U.S. to show the dash camera or the camera footage from what is worn by many law officers.

I don't know that it's always shown, but I think it has more to do with how important it is to be seen, either by an angry mob who might defend a genuinely guilty individual or by other police officers to perpetually warn them about not letting their emotions get away from them.

In Tiger's case, and I hate to say this, I have to guess it's being shown just because it's news. I don't think they would show me on camera if I did the exact same thing.
Oh, come on Dennis, you know you are special and could get yourself on TV if you really focused.

Florida DUI stats...

Drunk Driving fatalities with .08 BAC or higher

797 dead, representing 27% of all total traffic deaths, a 14.8% increase from last year 2015

DUI arrests: 31,783

I am surprised FL doesn't have a DUI channel, 24 hours of drunks, it is a growth industry along with people killing others senselessly with guns using real bullets and of course the certainly popular Trump channel specializing in streaming BS.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Last night, Tiger made a statement that he is now receiving "professional help" to manage all the pain management drugs he is taking... WHAT?

Isn't the doctor who prescribed all those drugs supposed to do that?

How could he have considered playing in the Masters until the last minute if he had to be on drugs to manage pain? How could he remotely consider returning to competitive golf if he needs strong drugs to achieve some feeling of normal.

Take the media with how ever many grains of salt you care to, but this just sounds like it goes from bad to worse.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Tiger obviously has an overwhelming addictive personality disorder.

first he had golf,
then he had kids,
then he had pawn stars,
then he had working out,
now he has prescription drugs

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
If you read Hank Haney's book, not that I admire him much either, he talks about Tiger being obsessed with the Navy SEALs and supposedly thought about quitting golf to join the Navy if it could be arranged that he could apply for SEAL training.

He hints at other obsessions too.

There's something to be admired about people who take on everything in life with such passion, but there has to be a mental management and a little bit of ability to channel some normalcy into the equation. I get the impression Tiger lacks that ability to balance. His target is the only thing in life.

All the same, if he can be distracted by something like the SEAL program, I wonder if he can return to the level of golf he once played because anything could come along that distracts him again. Given his current golfing abilities, it might induce him to retire and pursue a different path.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
No doubt he has a personality disorder. Just a really weird person.

Definitely not somebody you would have a pint with. Or play a round of golf with for that matter.

I reckon that is what it takes to win 14 majors. Basically no real life outside of hitting golf balls.

Bit sad really.

Exception here is Nicklaus who seems to be a "normal" human being.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Varry Hardon said:
No doubt he has a personality disorder. Just a really weird person.

Exception here is Nicklaus who seems to be a "normal" human being.
Agreed, but I can't help but wonder if the condition was latent and brought out by such mental anguish as the death of his father or being caught cheating on his wife, not to mention subsequent injuries.

Secondary to that, Nicklaus always said Barbara helped him keep his head on straight. Tiger is, as far as we can tell, surrounded by yes men. Nichlaus had his wife and family. Big difference there and the commitment Nicklaus had was heavy, to maintain a marriage and raise his family on the road. Tiger only has to work for himself and while that might sound easier, I'm not so sure it really is.

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
love him or loathe him he's still one of the greatest to have played the game.

Just seen the latest pics of him: Tiger at the Gym

I still think he's got a lot more to give back, wether it be as a player for his fans or in some other way.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
It seems like Tiger is not finished. It's a shame Rose came up short but another win for Mizuno irons! :)

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Tiger is finished... at leat for this week...

I've never been the biggest Tiger fan because I don't like how he treats fans, the press and certainly not the least, for what he did to his family. That said, in recent weeks as he's come back to golf, he appears to be a much more friendly person. I don't know if he'll ever stand around signing autographs for hours like Ricky Fowler, but at least to the press, he's much more relaxed.

And there's no denying that considering where his body has taken him over the past 3 years, to come back to finish one shot behind, Paul Casey may have gotten the trophy, but in his own mind, Tiger may have been the big winner this week.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
Tiger is Back!!! You just need to see the reaction of other tour pros to know how much tiger means the golf. Green Jacket number 5 on its way to Jupiter, FL?

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
Bonobobananas said:
Where is slash? 
Still with Guns N Roses last i heard

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
No doubt at all Tiger still draws the crowds and makes tournaments what they are, just can't see him win more majors, if he wins one through someone else throwing it away I wouldn't be surprised, but don't see his short game and pitching good enough to compete under pressure, then there's his driving its just not what it once was.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
WalkerCup said:
No doubt at all Tiger still draws the crowds and makes tournaments what they are, just can't see him win more majors, if he wins one through someone else throwing it away I wouldn't be surprised, but don't see his short game and pitching good enough to compete under pressure, then there's his driving its just not what it once was.
Did you actually watch last week? Short game was probably best in the field by a long way. Driving was as erratic as it was when he was winning majors every time he stepped on tee.
the only areas of his game that let him down and ultimately stopped him winning was his approach shots and putting on Sunday. Didn’t give himself enough clear looks and when he did he was burning edges....

its inevitable that he wins wins again and wins majors, I think if he gets going then we could see a second period of domination.... these young guys haven’t played in the heat with him and the crowd.

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Sorry bratz just can't see it happening. Yes Woods had a better week last week, and to answer you on his driving he never hit the ball better off the tee thanhe did with a steel driver shaft. His driving at times has been questionable but he always used to get away with it.   No he's not so fortunate and does nt pull off as many miraculous shots from the rough etc like Seve used to also.

i think you'll find when the pressure of competing at Augusta for example might be a bit much for both his driving and his pitching / short game.  After all it's his short game he has practiced the most since his latest back operation. Chunking pitches is not going to win you much.  I wish him all the best, I really do, but maybe he's had his time we'll see.  Justin a thomas is a steam roller at the moment I think he'll feature well at the forthcoming masters.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
He didn’t chunk a single chip... last 2 tournaments his short game has been sublime... I’m doubting you even watched it!

Top Bottom