Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
So had an iron fitting today at Scott gourley golf in Edinburgh. Tried out the full mizuno range along with Titleist, srixon and proto. The fitting lets you hit 4, 6 and PW which was nice as I did have in my head to blend muscle backs 8 to PW but that didn't give me best results.
It was between the jpx forged and the zx5 mk2 in the end with the srixons just nicking it in terms of consistency and dare I say it feel.
I didn't pull the trigger but will go back another day to validate the results. Also want to hit the 223s and 225s again just to make sure....pretty tiring hitting that many balls and head/shaft combos. Also going to try get my swing DNA done and see how it ties into the shaft they fitted me for.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Srixons have taken over from Mizuno atm in terms of feel by all account. I fancy Mizuno to up their game next year with the new 24 range 😃

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
I was pretty surprised how nice the srixons were. Set would be Zx5 4-7, zx7 8-pw. Potentially the zx4 at 4 iron. I would like to see what the new mizuno range brings and may hold out till we at least hear a bit about the plans.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
I’ve got the Miura MB101s in a seemingly perma basket atm on a well known golf vendor site. If the MP24 (241 I guess) blades regain their mojo I’ll be tempted. Bit too clicky for me atm although I like the MP225

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
I’ve got the Miura MB101s in a seemingly perma basket atm on a well known golf vendor site. If the MP24 (241 I guess) blades regain their mojo I’ll be tempted. Bit too clicky for me atm although I like the MP225
I know i can find easier clubs to hit but nowhere near as fun and distance control is horrible with modern jacked up clubs and reboundy type faces

Top Bottom