Incorrect shafts

HCP
Local club/country
Nizels
Irons
JPX 921 forged 6 - GW Project X LZ 6.0 blackout shaft
Driver
Cobra speedzone
Just a quick follow up on my issue, I spoke to Mizuno yesterday and they are building a new set for me and shipping them out next week. I guess it’s hard to imagine how many sets they actually build on a daily basis and mistakes sometimes happen. I would rather the mistake didn‘t happen to me but thats life, on the plus side of things I can now play a 7 iron anywhere from 105 yards to 165 yards with various different shots and had my best round of the year yesterday.

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
JPX 921 Forged (4-PW)
I have emailed the fitter to ask for replacement clubs with the correct specifications. AMT was never discussed and I cannot justify paying so much for clubs when they are not perfect for my game. AMT might be a fantastic shaft but I would prefer consistency throughout the irons.

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
I have emailed the fitter to ask for replacement clubs with the correct specifications. AMT was never discussed and I cannot justify paying so much for clubs when they are not perfect for my game. AMT might be a fantastic shaft but I would prefer consistency throughout the irons.
Sympathise with you, but in the court of law, if you have no evidence you don't have much of a leg to stand on with your fitter. Just before you push the button and demand DG X100 you'll find them heavier and stiffer than what you've got in the AMT, different beast, you might just be better with AMT X100.

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
JPX 921 Forged (4-PW)
Thanks for your reply. I have thought long and hard about keeping them but as I’m only 21 I have a lot of power and speed in my swing which the heavier shaft would help channel into a more penetrating ball flight and increased accuracy.
In any case my credit card company has said that they are happy to refund the money if I cannot resolve things with the fitter.

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Driver
Ok sounds like you know whats happening with your swing. Decent of the Credit Card company. All the best

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
JPX 921 Forged (4-PW)
Just to update, fitter has agreed to send out replacement clubs with the DG x100 shafts as soon as possible.
Thanks everyone for the replies and advice on how to proceed.

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Driver
Just to update, fitter has agreed to send out replacement clubs with the DG x100 shafts as soon as possible.
Thanks everyone for the replies and advice on how to proceed.
This is great news!!! An excellent outcome for you given the evidence supplied.

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
919 forged 5-pw
Driver
G200 9*
That's a lot to catch up on.

1. Looks like Mizuno supplied exactly what was ordered by the fitter.
2. Debate is whether what was ordered was what you asked for.......afraid we can't help with that as we weren't there.

For anyone else - our software produces a fitting summary. The retailer can give you a copy of this at the end as a record. Personally i wouldn't want to walk away without the spec confirmed and written down.

My hunch is that you probably were fitted for the shafts you now have......maybe the True Temper element of the name was a curve ball. It's easy for the eyes to be distracted / deceived with everything that's happening in the fitting. But without having a note / photo / confirmation - you don't really have anything to work with.

My best advice (from me not Mizuno). Enjoy the irons.
I had a fitting for a full mizuno bag woods Hybrids irons wedges was fitted for KBS C-taper lite 115g X flex in the irons standard length 2deg flat after finally receiving them (they forgot to put the order through for 4wks) I found I couldn't hit them like swinging a broom I was told I just needed to get used to them I emailed several times but no one was interested in helping so after lockdowns/winter I decided to get some fittings myself so far iv had 5 all can not believe what I was fitted for and all have recommended a reg shaft different shafts but a reg so far iv changed the driver 3wd wedges and shafts in the irons mizuno haven't wanted to help at all they were just interested in taking my money absolutely disgraceful in my opinion as once I raised concerns they could have just had me back in and rechecked things all I wanted was a full set of nice mizuno clubs what I got was a massive expense

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
I had a fitting for a full mizuno bag woods Hybrids irons wedges was fitted for KBS C-taper lite 115g X flex in the irons standard length 2deg flat after finally receiving them (they forgot to put the order through for 4wks) I found I couldn't hit them like swinging a broom I was told I just needed to get used to them I emailed several times but no one was interested in helping so after lockdowns/winter I decided to get some fittings myself so far iv had 5 all can not believe what I was fitted for and all have recommended a reg shaft different shafts but a reg so far iv changed the driver 3wd wedges and shafts in the irons mizuno haven't wanted to help at all they were just interested in taking my money absolutely disgraceful in my opinion as once I raised concerns they could have just had me back in and rechecked things all I wanted was a full set of nice mizuno clubs what I got was a massive expense
H- there. Like the previous case - Mizuno will build what is requested by the fitter / retailer on your behalf. If we make a mistake with that, of course we will put that right. However, if you believe that you have been given a questionable fitting - then you would need to discuss that with the fitter, not Mizuno. The best advice is to make sure you hit everything on the day and are happy with the specification recommended. Then make sure you leave with some documentation on that recommendation - so you have something to match it against when the equipment arrives. Best of luck.

Top Bottom