I am baffled

Mad as a Frog

HCP
Local club/country
Batchworth Park GC
Irons
MX-300 4&5, MP 52s 6-PW, Project X 5.5,Bridgestone 3&5 Woods with Accra Axiv XC75 shafts Stiff - Vokeys 50, 55 & 60
Driver
Nakashima HTEC Driver 460 Aldila VS Proto 60 Shaft 9.5 degree
My local Pro told me the clubs he had were wonderful - suggested i bought the same new, at considerable expense - last year I went from 21 to 12 with Ping G10's, after 10 lessons this year I know I am swinging better but cannot seem to get lower with my current irons Cobra CB, 5.0 PX Flighted, I hit them long but too often I hit bad shots costing me many shots - did I jump the gun too early? Yesterday I was hitting my wifes clubs for a laugh and could not fail to hit straight - what is going on? I am considering going mizuno MX 200 or MP 52 - any help would be much appreciated!

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
Mad as a Frog said:
My local Pro told me the clubs he had were wonderful - suggested i bought the same new, at considerable expense - last year I went from 21 to 12 with Ping G10's, after 10 lessons this year I know I am swinging better but cannot seem to get lower with my current irons Cobra CB, 5.0 PX Flighted, I hit them long but too often I hit bad shots costing me many shots - did I jump the gun too early? Yesterday I was hitting my wifes clubs for a laugh and could not fail to hit straight - what is going on? I am considering going mizuno MX 200 or MP 52 - any help would be much appreciated!
It might be worth getting a refresher golf lesson or two and make sure the operator isn't doing anything wrong..

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Mad as a Frog said:
Hey Man! Choosing Mizuno is NEVER a mistake!! If you're confident that there is no fundamental swing fault there, get a set of clubs that you "THINK" you hit the ball better with - because you will!

90% of this game goes on in your head - if you've got it into your head that your irons are the problem, you will have a hard time getting rid of that doubt. If, on the other hand, you think that changing irons will help - it probably will, because your grey matter is telling you it will!

I'm an advocate of playing clubs that instill confidence when you look down at them. If that means a change - go for it!!

Mad as a Frog

HCP
Local club/country
Batchworth Park GC
Irons
MX-300 4&5, MP 52s 6-PW, Project X 5.5,Bridgestone 3&5 Woods with Accra Axiv XC75 shafts Stiff - Vokeys 50, 55 & 60
Driver
Nakashima HTEC Driver 460 Aldila VS Proto 60 Shaft 9.5 degree
Thankyou Deemac,

I am due custom fit in Germany tomorrow, have tried to do my homework and have found numerous Game Improvement Irons that I strike very well, I know putting the work in with the Cobra CB's this year, along with plenty of lessons has improved my swing - I now just want to be rewarded a little on the course!!!

I have heard many great things about mizuno so we'll see what tomorrow brings... Just for debate I have been testing other clubs and found the Tour Edge exotic XCG's, and Callaway FT Irons are the best so far - be nice to see what Mizuno can offer.

I had my 8/6 & 5 irons stolen a week ago - with a mixed bag of old irons and Various Demos I almost broke 80 for the first time on Wednesday - so I reckon the boost of new irons could get my game really on track :)

I'll let you know what I choose!

Nick

Top Bottom