How to blend JPX 921Forged & HMP

HCP
Local club/country
Hawks Creek Goof Club/USA
Irons
Nike Vrs Forged 4-Pw, sm7 50-54-58
Driver
Big Bertha
The JPX 921 line will be my first purchase of anything Mizuno. I have been playing with Nike Vrs Forged irons but I need more forgiveness and distance in the longer irons. I was thinking about blending the 921 forged (7-pw), hmp (5-6) and possibly adding a 4 Fli-Hi. I tried to find as much info online about blending these two sets but haven’t found anything useful.

1) Is it a good idea to blend the forged and HMP if I’m looking for more forgiveness in the longer irons?

2) how would you gap the irons? (5-23, 6-26, 7-30, 8-35, 9- 40, Pw- 45?)

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
Forged & HMP will blend fine and 'should' give more launch/speed in the long irons. Gap to actual flight/distance and not loft as such. The forged are easier to adjust to the (cast) HMP and since you need the help in the long irons I'd get them dialed in first and gap the forged accordingly. Depending on your speed & delivery keep enough loft on the 5 to keep it airborne, gap the 6 so they each serve a purpose and gap the 7 and down from there.

EDIT: also test the FliHi side by side with the 5 iron (and 5w?) and make sure it 'fits' as an iron (weight, shaft, length).

Last edited:
HCP
Local club/country
Hawks Creek Goof Club/USA
Irons
Nike Vrs Forged 4-Pw, sm7 50-54-58
Driver
Big Bertha
Thanks for the help! If my local golf shop only has 7i demo heads for the JPX 921, How should I do the math for the 5i & 6i HMP?

Top Bottom