HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Yesterday, I shot 40 on the tougher front side at Killian Greens. I had been trying smaller midsize grips for the past few months and grew unhappy with them. I changed back to some Winn DryTac oversize grips and my clubs felt like old friends again. It reflected itself in my ball striking.

A friend and I are going to the range today. I'm taking my old Radar gadget, hoping to hit it consistently enough to get a feel for how far I hit each club.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I played 9 this morning, really badly. I keep hitting almost every fairway with my ST-Z driver, but my iron play is all over the place. The only reason I made 5 pars was, today I actually got up and down a couple times. One bogey and 3 double bogeys later... 42... Not happy...

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
Round 1 of 2 at Kingsbarns today in a twos comp with my friend. Game of two half's for me 10 points front, 19 back..pretty windy and cold with the odd shower. We are mid table with 2nd round to come tomorrow and slightly better weather forecast.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Round 1 of 2 at Kingsbarns today in a twos comp with my friend. Game of two half's for me 10 points front, 19 back..pretty windy and cold with the odd shower. We are mid table with 2nd round to come tomorrow and slightly better weather forecast.
Go for it mate 🙌🏻

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Game of two half's for me 10 points front, 19 back..
I call it schizophrenic golf. I could shoot 37 or 38 on the front nine and them blow to a 45 or so on the back. Sometimes it's reversed. No rhyme or reason. Just happens for no good reason, just to irritate me.

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Driver
Well day 2 had the better conditions, sun was out and a slight breeze in the morning building up to a normal 2 club links wind.
Scoring wise was 17/15 for 32 for me, partner was 31. We ended up mid table in 40th place out of 96. One team put in an 80 pointer (10 higher than the next best team) and won overall after a 69 day 1!! If that doesn't make you question handicaps I don't know what will... 20230402_132114.jpg

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Well played mate 😄 So many bandits (sandbaggers for the US) these days for any open comps it’s hardly worth playing 🙁 Glad you had a good weather day, Course is a cracker 🙌🏻

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Driver
Well played mate 😄 So many bandits (sandbaggers for the US) these days for any open comps it’s hardly worth playing 🙁 Glad you had a good weather day, Course is a cracker 🙌🏻
80 points is unbelievable. Both playing 4 points better than handicap on the same day..🤣
Ticked the course off now, as good as it is I think there's better value around St Andrews

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Cool bagtag. I used to have a collection of bagtags from about 80 courses I had played in my youth. Along with some other things, it was stolen from our trailer when we moved to Jamaica in 1974. I never went back to collecting them.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
How did I do... That's a painful question right now.

After not having played for nearly 2 weeks and being lazy as a slug during that time, I actually hit the ball pretty well Monday morning, but my usual good putting was horrible and I shot something around 45 for the front nine at Killian Greens. It was insane, but I only made 1 putt within 5 feet.

Does Amazon sell a better golf game?

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Whoa! Am I the only one playing golf recently?

Last week, I was so fed up with my short iron play, pushing or pulling everything, I decided to blame it on my irons and went to using mid irons, hitting bump and runs onto the greens. All of a sudden, I started hitting greens.

I planned on doing it again yesterday and while I did mishit a couple offline into bunkers, in general, I hit most into positions where I was putting.

I played 9 yesterday morning before we got rained out and shot 40. Considering I started with a double bogey on the first hole, I was really happy with that. Obviously, I have discovered the real secret to golf.

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
Well with the arrival of my daughter in december last year I knew Golf would be sparse and so far I have not played a single round this year. I did manage to get to the range a few times to hit a bucket or 2 of balls. But I am reluctant to go play. I want to spend as much time as possible with her - Golf can wait for now :)

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I shot 41 yesterday, with one bogey and 2 double bogeys. Generally, I hit the ball really well for a change and the only 3 bad shots I hit all morning are what cost me not breaking 40. I feel like my game is on the edge of being better. That's pretty amazing, based on my lack of practice.

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Driver
Played Saturday and Sunday at boat o garten near Aviemore. Really lovely course, would recommend a visit. Played well both days but didn't really score...one of those weekends.. going for an iron fitting on Friday to see what's potentially going to replace the 54s.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Thinking it might speed up play on the first few holes, (I disagree), the owner of Killian Greens has decided to reverse the nines.

To use the old terminology for them, the back nine was always easier than the front. Now, I'm hoping by the time I turn and have to play the 4 toughest holes on the course, (What were the first 4 holes on the front), I'll be looser and able to score better on them. Those first 4 holes were always played very conservatively to keep from hitting balls in a canal, a lake or OB into neighbors' yards.

While I don't think people are going to speed up much, if at all, because there's still plenty of trouble to get into, in my personal case, it might benefit me and I'll be curious to see whether my average scores actually come down a bit.

I'll start finding out Friday.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
We played a quick nine this morning. It was irritating... I shot 42, 6 over, with double bogeys on both of the par 3 holes and made one birdie on a par 5. The greens were still less than a week from being aerated and sanded, but that really didn't have anything to do with it. GRRRRR!!!!

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Out of the clear blue, I hit the ball really well today. I hit 6 out of 7 fairways, which isn't all that unusual. I only hit 5 greens, but I got up and down on 3 of them with one being a chip in for a birdie. Three weeks ago, the greens were aerated and they haven't healed well. They are still bumpy and having had 4 putts around 10' or so, I probably could have made one or two of them under better circumstances. I shot one over, 37.

I just figured I'd better brag about it while I'm still enjoying my 15 minutes of fame.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
After a rather bland few years MrsDCB has at last hit a bit of form. She has made it through to Finals day in the Ladies B section in the Club Championship. She had a broken finger that required surgery a while back and that has taken three years to get back to normal. Its obviously a combination of her natural talent and a bag full of Mizzies that have done it ;)

Top Bottom