HCP
5.1 CONGU
Local club/country
Morley Hayes Resort, England www.morleyhayes.com
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.0 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2" Long
Driver
Titleist 917 D2 - Diamana S+ Blue 60S 10.5° - B1 - 12g Fade
919 Tours strike again!!! You must have lost a good shot there well done !!!
The irons just inspire total confidence. It’s been magnified with the Titleist driver being like a laser guided missile launcher 💪🏽

WalkerCup

HCP
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919Tour 1 Deg up plus 1/2Project X LZ 6.5 4-PW
Driver
Titleist TS3 9.5 VTS Proforce 70 Stiff
The irons just inspire total confidence. It’s been magnified with the Titleist driver being like a laser guided missile launcher 💪🏽
Definitely find the 919 Tours more workable than 900 Tour and TS3 is a bit of a joke how good it actually is, reminds me of when the 983k first came out its like cheating! Always nice to be happy with equipment :)

Brattz

HCP
5.1 CONGU
Local club/country
Morley Hayes Resort, England www.morleyhayes.com
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.0 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2" Long
Driver
Titleist 917 D2 - Diamana S+ Blue 60S 10.5° - B1 - 12g Fade
Definitely find the 919 Tours more workable than 900 Tour and TS3 is a bit of a joke how good it actually is, reminds me of when the 983k first came out its like cheating! Always nice to be happy with equipment :)
Funnily.... I’m actually gaming a 917 D2!!!!

PaulBoy

HCP
4.4 CONGU
Local club/country
Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons
JPX900 Tour 4-PW S300 AWT
Driver
Titleist TS2 PX Hzrdus Even Flow White 6.0
Get all in on the TS3 you'll thank me for it!
That's what I thought, but the TS2 was better for me - I went from 917 D2 & the TS2 is way better ...

WalkerCup

HCP
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919Tour 1 Deg up plus 1/2Project X LZ 6.5 4-PW
Driver
Titleist TS3 9.5 VTS Proforce 70 Stiff
That's what I thought, but the TS2 was better for me - I went from 917 D2 & the TS2 is way better ...
It's not so much you'll gain 25 yards, I only gained between 8 to 12 yards it's the flight you can get particularly into the wind and also how easy it is to shape the ball. Definitely technology wise quite amazing!

seanmor

HCP
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
JPX-900 HM 5-PW PX LZ Graphite A flex
Driver
ST180 HL/GT180 11.5deg TENSEI CK Series 50 A-Flex
Managed to get out on the course yesterday and played the first 12 holes of my home course,
I haven't played for a while due to my on going arthritic and joint problems so I wasn't expecting too much so my expectations were on the low side,
It was also my first chance to try out my JPX900 Hot Metal irons that I've had re-shafted with new Project X LZ A-flex Graphite shafts and on top of that I've recently also picked up a new ST180 HL 10.5deg driver head as well so I got to kill two birds with one stone ..!,

The course was in pretty good condition considering the crap weather we've been having of late all credit to our hard working green keeper and his ground staff, of the 12 holes only three were in their temporary positions due to on going drainage work that's being done and there were also a couple of temporary tee's in operation so the course wasn't playing its full length but none the less still presented a challenge as you only get what you can hit in carry distance...! you just don't get any run on this course as its parkland and very soft ground,

Started off with a nice drive down the first that just caught the edge of the right rough then hit a six iron to just short of the green pitched on and sunk the put for a opening par 4 that really set the tone for the rest of the holes from there on I had six more pars one birdie and four bogeys my total score for the twelve holes was 48 strokes I just couldn't quite believe it..!

As for the new shafts I'm very much impressed with them I found them easy to swing they feel so smooth and give plenty of feed back and the ball just flies of the face with a nice mid/high ball flight, same can be said of the ST180 driver it performed really well, I had it set at 11.5 deg that gave a nice high straight ball flight just what I was looking for my longest drive of the day had an in the air carry distance of 215 yards, that's not bad considering that I only had the opportunity to hit 5 drives with it so I'm confident I can get more distance out of it once I've had a chance to play and adjust it a bit more..!

Cheers John

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Public Courses
Irons
JPX-900 Hot Metal
Driver
JPX-EZ
I have the same shaft and flex in my 900 Hot Metal irons and regardless how little I've been able to play recently, I definitely know I love these shafts. You're going to love them.

seanmor

HCP
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
JPX-900 HM 5-PW PX LZ Graphite A flex
Driver
ST180 HL/GT180 11.5deg TENSEI CK Series 50 A-Flex
I have the same shaft and flex in my 900 Hot Metal irons and regardless how little I've been able to play recently, I definitely know I love these shafts. You're going to love them.
Hi Dennis,

I couldn't agree more Dennis,

So far i'm very impressed think I've defiantly made the correct decision having the A-flex graphite shafts fitted to my irons,
I also made a change with my driver shaft I usually play a regular flex shaft but I've recently bought a replacement Tensei CK Blue Series 50 A-flex (senior) shaft for that and that's working out to be a much better performing shaft for me..

Cheers John

PaulBoy

HCP
4.4 CONGU
Local club/country
Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons
JPX900 Tour 4-PW S300 AWT
Driver
Titleist TS2 PX Hzrdus Even Flow White 6.0
Been a while since I posted here! - Today was my first game for 2 weeks :eek: - Those who know me will appreciate that is a long time away for me, but after a weeks disruption for snow, I picked up a nasty cold & today was the first time even I felt like playing - I had been to the range of course, but that doesn't count!
So I booked in with two of the "early birds" at Guildford & teed off just after 8am - I was trying my newly acquired JPX900T's & it took a few holes before I hit one anything decent - I blobbed the 1st & bogeyed the 2nd, but after a good par on 3rd I hit a LW stiff at the 4th for a birdie - Steady from then on until the Par 5 8th where I hit the LW into the hole from about 65y for eagle! - Back 9 was solid apart from another blob on 12th after getting plugged in face of the bunker - I did have another birdie on 15th & by then was hitting the 900T's very well - They have S300 AMT shafts fitted which I have never used before, but really like the trajectory & short iron control they give me
Cheers ... Paul

Top Bottom