How did you do?

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Fabulous Frinton on Sea ESSEX
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
Mizuno MX700 JPX EZ ,GT & ST180 & ST180G
All I can do is paddle on the course between the puddles so much rain on the east coast and Frinton is very low compared to sea level, but I was out there. I feel for the green staff there is very little they can do, till they can drain water uphill.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I played my first-ever winter golf round today as my old home club opened their courses for the weekend. Unfortunately the weather turned a bit too warm and the snow became soft so your feet and the balls would sink into it, leading to lots of ball searching and heavy walking as opposed to the snow being practically as hard as ice.

There's nothing to write home about with regard to the score but at least we got a good walk with friends out of it.

NRG Talvi 20.jpg

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
I played my first-ever winter golf round today as my old home club opened their courses for the weekend. Unfortunately the weather turned a bit too warm and the snow became soft so your feet and the balls would sink into it, leading to lots of ball searching and heavy walking as opposed to the snow being practically as hard as ice.

There's nothing to write home about with regard to the score but at least we got a good walk with friends out of it.
View attachment 10713
I will never complain about wet conditions in the UK again! :eek:

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
What colour is the ball? Black?
I was wondering the same thing. Optic red or orange maybe? If the snow got soft, did it embed deeply enough not to be seen unless you practically walked on it?

Those are obviously conditions I have never played in. It makes me thankful I also play guitar, a nice, safe, indoor hobby...

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Ha, I found orange and red to be the best colours. Matte green and yellow didn't pop out quite as much from the snow. Plenty of times you were simply looking for a hue in the snow with the ball buried somewhere in there. :)

Paul, I take it our spring and autumn conditions would be comparable to your winter conditions. It occurred to me just now that I probably didn't talk about my trip to St Andrews a year ago, early February (R&A Tournament Administrators & Referees Seminar). We got lucky and got tee times for the Old Course via the ballot and to me the fairways seemed very firm, like prime July, August conditions when the courses here usually are at their best. That's not to say the Old Lady is necessarily a prime example of your average February course conditions in the U.K. :)

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Let's see, how can I describe this... Have you ever some something in such a frustrating way, that you wanted to burn your clothes?

I played the much easier back nine at Killian Greens this morning. There was a lot of wind, but that's no excuse, because I simply didn't hit many shots on the face of the club. Honestly, I hit one brilliant shot, 145 yards, low punched 4 iron under and around a tree with about a 30 yard fade that ran up onto the middle of the green. Nothing else was worth remembering. Only three pars all morning.

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Last Monday was no better than my post immediately above this one. Inventing a swing that doesn't let the bone spurs in my shoulders hurt me was an immediate success, but all of a sudden, I can't seem to do it. I'm not hurting, just not making good contact.

I might need these things I've heard of... I think they're called... uh... lessons?

Is is a pill you take? Or is it something you rub on your skin? Do you wear it to bed at night? Do you smoke it?

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Hi Dennis ... Your mention of lessons made me think of the cartoon below ...

driver v lessons.jpg

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Yep... I know a few people who have to rush out and be the first to buy the latest driver, (usually from Taylormade), or make a point of letting you know they got the latest iPhone.

Top Bottom