HCP
Local club/country
Montana
Irons
Proud owner of HMP 2* up 4-PW, T-20 49*,54*,59* with KBS $-Taper Lite R
Driver
Callaway Mavrick Max 10.5* Project X EvenFlow Riptide 50 R
Hello,

New to Mizuno! I got fitted today for new irons and I think I've settled in for a set of Mizuno Hot Metal Pros with the loft set 2* up. The 7 iron head I hit today had a different loft then the Hot Metal head with the standard lie. Does this sound right? I tried a few different setups so I could be mistaken. If so, what are the lofts for these two heads 5-PW? Would the loft change if the lie is 2* up? I know loft and lie changes can effect each other when a club is bent but the 2* up was made that way and stamped.

Thanks.

Jeff

Local club/country
United States
Irons
JPX921 Forged 5-GW
Driver
ST-Z 9.5 Ventus Black 6S Driver, ST-Z 3W Ventus Blue 6S, CLK 4H Ventus Blue 7S
Hello,

New to Mizuno! I got fitted today for new irons and I think I've settled in for a set of Mizuno Hot Metal Pros with the loft set 2* up. The 7 iron head I hit today had a different loft then the Hot Metal head with the standard lie. Does this sound right? I tried a few different setups so I could be mistaken. If so, what are the lofts for these two heads 5-PW? Would the loft change if the lie is 2* up? I know loft and lie changes can effect each other when a club is bent but the 2* up was made that way and stamped.

Thanks.

Jeff
My fitter recommended 2* strong because I have a high launch, which is impacting my distance, with a standard lie. After adjusting the loft I was hitting the 7 iron 185 yds. JPX921 Forged 5-GW

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
My fitter recommended 2* strong because I have a high launch, which is impacting my distance, with a standard lie. After adjusting the loft I was hitting the 7 iron 185 yds. JPX921 Forged 5-GW
Wow... back in the day 185 was a 4 iron for me. You must be so proud. Can you hit the green?

Steve Smith

Local club/country
Newcastle upon tyne
Hello,

Thanks.

Jeff

Jeff the loft wont change but the angle of attack will. In simple terms a more upright lie will give you a draw bias and a flatter lie will promote a fade. But it is a lot more complex than that. Things like your height your swing plane your swing speed your release point... all of this stuff.

You are correct to get fitted
... but there is also a lot a of feel involved. A light head will make a shaft feel stiffer then there is Torque, kickpoint etc etc.

You can easily have a mental crisis going to the Nth degree

If the pro does his work properly on the machine and it feels good for you then job done.

One last thing, anything you do on the machine will be nothing like when you get out on the golf course IMVHO.

Hope all works out.

HCP
N/a
Local club/country
N/a
Irons
921 Hot Metal Pro
Driver
Taylormade r1
I just received my hot metal pros 2up today. Going to the course this weekend, I’ll update how the feel

Local club/country
United States
Irons
JPX921 Forged 5-GW
Driver
ST-Z 9.5 Ventus Black 6S Driver, ST-Z 3W Ventus Blue 6S, CLK 4H Ventus Blue 7S
Wow... back in the day 185 was a 4 iron for me. You must be so proud. Can you hit the green?
Sometimes…. Lol. I’m working on changing my swing & haven’t had much time at the range.

HCP
Local club/country
Montana
Irons
Proud owner of HMP 2* up 4-PW, T-20 49*,54*,59* with KBS $-Taper Lite R
Driver
Callaway Mavrick Max 10.5* Project X EvenFlow Riptide 50 R
Thanks for the insight Steve!

I'm finally really getting dialed into my new clubs! I too have been working on my swing and have recently been able to apply it out on the course with more success. Its nice to have the ability to reach accurately a green with an iron. The confidence and enjoyment of the game have jumped up about two steps!

Top Bottom