HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
It's the time of year to celebrate, specially what we are thankful for. In my thoughts, I have to include this forum and all the friends I've made here. I came across this photo and wondered if any of us know what's going on with so many of us who we don't hear from anymore.
NAMED_FORUM_PIC.jpg

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
I think people are about but use WhatsApp groups or Facebook that sort of stuff. I think I was away in the toilet when that pic was taken 🤣
Would be nice to have another Forum day but as the last one at Bearwood was a fairly quiet affair, I think it looks like we’re done 😕

Mind you I think with notice we’d be able to rustle up quite a few of the old regulars

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
I think people are about but use WhatsApp groups or Facebook that sort of stuff. I think I was away in the toilet when that pic was taken 🤣
Would be nice to have another Forum day but as the last one at Bearwood was a fairly quiet affair, I think it looks like we’re done 😕

Mind you I think with notice we’d be able to rustle up quite a few of the old regulars
Do you know when & where this pic was taken J? - I agree about making the effort to have another Forum Day ...

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
Happy holidays Dennis.
Think the pic was this the first year at Formby hall?
The forum days were always a great day/weekend hopefully we can sort some more in the future.

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
Happy holidays Dennis… I was on the inaugural day at Bearwood Lakes, it was amazing and do miss those days.

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Yeah these days some long gone. I've actually dropped my full 7 day membership down to a flexible points based system as I'm not getting as many rounds in these days with having a hound.

Organising these was tough too and the one cancelled by Covid which took months to get a refund from the golf company took the wind out of my organisers sails.

But we all made some great pals and connections so we should try and resurrect this somehow. Any volunteers?!

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Happy holidays Dennis.
Think the pic was this the first year at Formby hall?
The forum days were always a great day/weekend hopefully we can sort some more in the future.
Yup May 2015 believe it or not.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Zombie - Craigelaw is on the Matt Fryer Channel here:

I know you have moved club, but that was a good weekend.

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Fabulous Frinton on Sea ESSEX
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
Mizuno MX700 JPX EZ ,GT & ST180 & ST180G

Yeah this next summer can we all get out and together one more time, it would be great.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Aye, 2015 came just a bit too early for me. I returned after my neck surgery in 2016 at Formby Hall Mark 2 ( AKA "What Greenhouse, I Didn't See a Greenhouse") Mrs DCB won a Wedge as a prize for a nearest the hole in 2016 and I've never been allowed to forget it !

It was a good crew back in the day

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I'm looking forward to the coming week, though we're having a cold snap. It's 59* here in Miami right now. When the temperature is less than my age, I freeze. Hopefully it'll get warmer so we can enjoy almost everything we're doing that's outside.

My son-in-law's father is originally from Cuba and he maintains some old Cuban traditions around the holidays. On Christmas Eve, he'll have Noche Bueno with a huge dinner of a pig cooked all day in a cochina, (wooden box)... My son-in-law did the same thing for Thanksgiving, but seasoned the pig with a lot of fruit juices. His father will do the traditional seasoning with mojo, garlic and more subtle tastes. There will be rice and black beans to go with it, plus yucca in garlic sauce and grilled vegetables. If you eat enough, the smell of garlic comes through your skin for a day or so after.

Someone usually invites us for lunch or dinner on Christmas Day, but I haven't heard anything yet.

New Years Ever is likely to be at home. We usually have a few people over, old farts like us who will leave before midnight. We live 4 houses down from the field behind a middle school and lots of people shoot of fireworks there. My little Maltipoo Molly isn't usually scared of the fireworks, but just seems to consider it another excuse to sleep in my lap. Hogan, my Bichon Frise, is 15 years old now and I think the big firecrackers bug him a little. I wouldn't go out and leave them home alone during all the noise.

So, NYE has become a comfortable evening when we tend to make Jamaican food,(My wife is Jamaican), so there will be curry goat, fricassee chicken, rice & peas and plantains, have 2-3 couples over and just use our butts for their intended purpose, to sit around.

New Years Day this year is a Monday, usually my most consistent golf day, but i doubt we'll play because it'll still be a holiday for everyone else. I always tease that on New Years Day, I'm too busy writing the new year number on my checks so i don't make a fool of myself down the road.

What do you have plans to do?

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Sounds good Dennis,

We'll cook some nice steaks on the BBQ for Christmas Dinner, a bit better than a turkey dinner IMO ;)

I'm off from 22nd through until 3rd Jan so looking forward toa nice wee break. Hoping the weather stays above freezing for the duration.

Last edited:

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Sounds good Dennis,

We'll cook some nice steaks on the BBQ for Christmas Dinner, a bit better than a turkey dinner IMO ;)

Interesting that you would say that now. Just in the last week, a lot of my local friends have said they are thinking of something different than the traditional Christmas turkey or ham.

Back during Thanksgiving, my son-in-law made a side dish that was a casserole made of the ingredients of a Cuban sandwich. Talking about it with my wife, who once owned a catering company and who has incredible imagination with food, we decided to make it with more meat and cheese, such that it could be a main course. It worked out well and I just bought groceries to do it again.

Some friends are talking about doing BBQ. One is talking about doing a big fish fry with a wide variety of dipping sauces. Another said since their kids are not coming to town this year, they were just going to do simple food like burgers.

And last night at a Chinese restaurant in our neighborhood, I saw William, the owner. He's from Argentina and is doing beef and lamb heavy menus for the whole next week, but using the sweet sauces the restaurant makes for things like honey chicken or sesame chicken. I teased him about inviting myself to his house.

I wonder if it's a world wide trend?

trojan615

HCP
Local club/country
Brocket hall, Knebworth..
Irons
Mizuno - MP 5... 4- PW , DG X100 , 2 deg up, + 0.5
Driver
Titliest 915 D3. Whiteboard
It's the time of year to celebrate, specially what we are thankful for. In my thoughts, I have to include this forum and all the friends I've made here. I came across this photo and wondered if any of us know what's going on with so many of us who we don't hear from anymore.
View attachment 10647
I don’t remember this being taken so I presume I wasn’t at this meet up… (although I did a mizuno rain suit at the second meet up at bear wood lakes - still use it and it’s working fine - if not a little tighter than it used to be) I’ve been away from golf for a couple of years as concentrating on work and young family. still occasionally monitor this place as a tribute to the old days!

trojan615

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
If you haven’t seen it, this is my course back home and well worth a visit…. It’s strange but I’ve never seen it as wet as in this video !

trojan615

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Sounds good Dennis,

I'm off from 22nd through until 3rd Jan so looking forward toa nice wee break. Hoping the weather stays above freezing for the duration.
thats keen getting the bbq out!

trojan615

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Aye, 2015 came just a bit too early for me. I returned after my neck surgery in 2016 at Formby Hall Mark 2 ( AKA "What Greenhouse, I Didn't See a Greenhouse") Mrs DCB won a Wedge as a prize for a nearest the hole in 2016 and I've never been allowed to forget it !

It was a good crew back in the day
this place was a really good place wasn’t it… I imagine a few of the originals are no longer with us

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I don’t remember this being taken so I presume I wasn’t at this meet up… (although I did a mizuno rain suit at the second meet up at bear wood lakes - still use it and it’s working fine - if not a little tighter than it used to be) I’ve been away from golf for a couple of years as concentrating on work and young family. still occasionally monitor this place as a tribute to the old days!
How I got it was, it was posted the day after the get together, but without names. I asked if someone could fill me in about who was whom and I think it was Paul Hurst who sent it to me with the screen names on it. Being one of a few token Yanks living here in the Colonies, I obviously wasn't going to have many opportunities to cross the pond for a Mizuno Day and just wanted to know who all these friends were that I'd been having so much fun talking to for years.

Top Bottom