CH919Forged

HCP
Local club/country
Shandon Park NI
Irons
JPX 919 Forged 4-GW
Driver
Callaway XR 10.5 Project X Stiff
Took the plunge and went 4-GW in 919 Forged in June but miss having a 3 Iron in the bag. Is the HMB 3 Iron a sensible addition to the bag or am I mad?

CH919Forged

HCP
Local club/country
Shandon Park NI
Irons
JPX 919 Forged 4-GW
Driver
Thanks for the reply. As fas as I know they don't do a hot metal 3 iron. But the loft on the 4 in the hot metal is stronger than the forged so it might blend. Was thinking mp20 hmb 3 Iron because the gap in loft seems sensible and they've similar offset, sole widths etc, just don't know if anyone has any experience of playing that 3 Iron with the jpx clubs. Also don't know if it's remotely forgiving.

HCP
Local club/country
Northumberland
Irons
MP H5
Driver
ST190
Ah ok, yes the 4 iron these days are loft strong as most irons. Consider a hybrid? A lot of elite golfers and pros use them now.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Took the plunge and went 4-GW in 919 Forged in June but miss having a 3 Iron in the bag. Is the HMB 3 Iron a sensible addition to the bag or am I mad?
Don't know anything about the HMB 3 iron but the MP18 MMC Fli-Hi would be worth considering imho - Still plenty to be had on the Bay of E (?)
Paul

CH919Forged

HCP
Local club/country
Shandon Park NI
Irons
JPX 919 Forged 4-GW
Driver
Don't know anything about the HMB 3 iron but the MP18 MMC Fli-Hi would be worth considering imho - Still plenty to be had on the Bay of E (?)
Paul
Thank you Paul much appreciated. Will take a look at it. From a brief google it looks the part. Might take a chance on one!

CH919Forged

HCP
Local club/country
Shandon Park NI
Irons
JPX 919 Forged 4-GW
Driver
Ah ok, yes the 4 iron these days are loft strong as most irons. Consider a hybrid? A lot of elite golfers and pros use them now.
I don't really fancy a hybrid at the minute but that might change. I don't know why but there's something very satisfying about smashing a 3 Iron. Plus when the driver puts me in the trees, the long irons are very handy for keeping it low and advancing the ball. Might end up with both at some stage.

Top Bottom