Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
No real reason to post. Just wanted to say hello to all the regulars.

Shocking time - i'm sat at home trying to make sense of it all. Fortunate enough to have a garden long enough to hit a few airflights.

Hope everyone out there is safe and home and healthy. I'm one of the 'vulnerable' ...so if anyone feeling wobbly, i know how you feel. Use every avenue you can to keep in touch with people.

Take care everyone.

MPX

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Hi MPX ... Nice to hear from you - Scary times indeed _ Golf seems a distant memory & pretty insignificant already - Hope everyone here (& beyond) keeps safe & healthy ... Paul

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Hi there MPX, changed times indeed. We'd normally be in a frenzy as the Masters approached, but, this year everything is put into perspective. I have two colleagues who are suffering from the virus. Suddenly makes you realise how fragile we are.

Hope everyone is keeping well, staying safe and coping with the stresses and strains of home working or staying at home. Hopefully we will get out of this soon if everyone follows the rules.

Stay safe everyone.

David

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
If i've a full 3 months at home, might get around to posting my new kit.

Funny how practicing in the garden without no particular end game has resulted in swinging it a lot better. It if could warm up 10 degrees it might be possible to enjoy part of the experience.

Speculating what the golf industry might look like when we all get back - let alone life in general. Could either come back with a bang as we're all desperate to play again or a little flat if everyone is broke. Can't see much happening until July at best.

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Hi Mpx, hope all is well, keep strong, look after yourself,

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Fabulous Frinton on Sea ESSEX
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
Mizuno MX700 JPX EZ ,GT & ST180 & ST180G
What really bugs me is so now I am gardening? walking the dog? exercise? combine the walking the dog with exercise and I find my self at the golf club, fine you may think but a few weeks ago Frinton golf course was under water. Since then it has closed and only half the green staff are at work. It looks oh so beautiful, that aroma of fresh cut grass, perfectly cut fairways the spooky thing is on the perfect looking greens NO flags. How many more weeks of this torture am I going to be able to cope with. Stay safe my friends I shall try to stay sane.
P.S as barbers are not open I am even more Hairy.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
The most amazing bit in this post is that you go to the barbers! :p
Stay safe & healthy VHEB!
Paul

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
A tease by the weather forecasters this morning that it might be a bright, warm weekend ahead. With the course closed it may be time to cut the grass and start some practice in the back garden :)

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
I'm going to try to emulate your garden dudes. Not sure how Leith Docks will like me hitting balls off my balcony like!

NotOhBoy

Local club/country
Surrey
Keep safe everyone. Already it seems ages since l last played (18 days only), but I’m sure we’ll all make the most of it when we’re finally allowed to do so.

I’ll also be looking at the ST 200x driver (and 3 wood?)

Anyone tried the new putters?

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Have been hitting air flights up and down the garden - all seemed good until i was curious enough to film my swing (mainly because i was convinced i was swinging it beautifully). Turned out it looks horrible and now i can't enjoy fact that i seem to be hitting it pretty nicely. By the time this is over i'll have over thought my way out of any sort of workable golf game.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
Have been hitting air flights up and down the garden - all seemed good until i was curious enough to film my swing (mainly because i was convinced i was swinging it beautifully). Turned out it looks horrible and now i can't enjoy fact that i seem to be hitting it pretty nicely. By the time this is over i'll have over thought my way out of any sort of workable golf game.
Fatal mistake. I did this just before we had out Northern Forum event last year. I was hitting my wedge really well and had my daughter film me hitting a few shots. After looking at the video I was traumatised. I have never thinned wedge shots ... until after that day . Once it is inside your head it cant get out. Best to leave the camera work for the Pros IMO 😉

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
I'm going to try to emulate your garden dudes. Not sure how Leith Docks will like me hitting balls off my balcony like!
Pick a target and go for it 😉

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
The most amazing bit in this post is that you go to the barbers! :p
Stay safe & healthy VHEB!
Paul
Not to the barbers but past

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, 3 JPX 900 Rescue, MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 10.5 degree
Hi all

keep well and safe but more importantly, keep practicing

Tony:)

Hendo

HCP
Local club/country
Royal Dornoch
Irons
4-PW Mizuno JPX 850 Forged
Driver
Mizuno JPX EZ 2016 - Fujikara Orochi Stiff
Not been in for a while. Hope everyone is keeping their heads down so to speak. Lots of murmuring now that UK courses could open again with restrictions. I hope that's the case if for no other reason than to get the lad off the flipping xbox

Top Bottom