Hello Gents

BloodSweatNPars

Local club/country
Irons
MP 69 4 - PW ~ KBS Tour C Taper 120S
Driver
MP650 9.5
..it's been a good-while since i've checked in...hope ya'll are doing well.

Is anyone, other than me, (still) playing the MP650 driver?  I've got the one in my bag, and a back up shaft, and am thinking of buying a used head (only) on ThEbay...just so i'll have a backup.

Has technology made leaps and bounds in drivers such that one could possibly unseat my trusty old MP650?  Given the 650 is about 6 years old, i may be able to find a nice used 3 year old driver LOL!

Seriously, what am i missing in the world of drivers?  Anything at all??  

Take care boys!
BSnP

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
BloodSweatNPars said:
..it's been a good-while since i've checked in...hope ya'll are doing well.

Is anyone, other than me, (still) playing the MP650 driver?  I've got the one in my bag, and a back up shaft, and am thinking of buying a used head (only) on ThEbay...just so i'll have a backup.

Has technology made leaps and bounds in drivers such that one could possibly unseat my trusty old MP650?  Given the 650 is about 6 years old, i may be able to find a nice used 3 year old driver LOL!

Seriously, what am i missing in the world of drivers?  Anything at all??  

Take care boys!
BSnP

Hallo bsnp. I have a 650 driver, head,off the shaft, if you are interested, .
 also got a 650 driver with Aldila NV shaft fitted, 

Coming over to uk on tuesday . let me know what or if interested .

Stewart

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I'm still using the 650 woods and I haven't come across anything that would blow them out of the water. Until last week that is, I tried my friend's 917 5 wood and I was impressed but I believe it's the shaft making the difference.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Welcome back BSnP - Yes things have moved on since the MP650 launched, but as with all such matters there is only so much more you can eek out of the equipment, so the answer to your question (imho) is, that with a proper fitting you could probably find something that would give you some improvement over your current setup? - I change my driver and / or shaft a lot more than some (ok a lot more than anyone!) - The one thing I have learned is that I can pretty much hit any driver head provided the shaft is suitable - Focus on finding the right shaft & use the head you like the look & feel of - That could still be the 650 in your case & with the right shaft for you, you won't need (or want) to buy the all singing all dancing new driver head from Mizuno or anybody else ...
Paul

BloodSweatNPars

Local club/country
Irons
MP 69 4 - PW ~ KBS Tour C Taper 120S
Driver
MP650 9.5
other than maybe a titeist, i'm not sure that anything strikes my fancy.  and even then, i've not found the modern titleist to be far superior; length and accuracy.  

My current model, i noticed last season the bottom of the shaft was starting to unwind a little...guessing it got nicked/dinged somewhere along the journey and the "fray" was on.  i hit it with some two part epoxy over the winter...seems to be holding together atm, but at some point something will give up im sure.

i may pick up a spare head, given i have the spare stock shaft.  Stewart...great to offer up your spare, but im in the States.  shipping would likely burn me a new one ;) :D

As always...good to hear from you guys.  Have a great summer!  Hit'em straight.
BSnP

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
BloodSweatNPars said:
other than maybe a titeist, i'm not sure that anything strikes my fancy.  and even then, i've not found the modern titleist to be far superior; length and accuracy.  

My current model, i noticed last season the bottom of the shaft was starting to unwind a little...guessing it got nicked/dinged somewhere along the journey and the "fray" was on.  i hit it with some two part epoxy over the winter...seems to be holding together atm, but at some point something will give up im sure.

i may pick up a spare head, given i have the spare stock shaft.  Stewart...great to offer up your spare, but im in the States.  shipping would likely burn me a new one ;) :D

As always...good to hear from you guys.  Have a great summer!  Hit'em straight.
BSnP
If you were having a club sent to the states then yes, but just a head wouldn't be too expensive to post as the cost is calculated on parcel volume rather than weight ...

Top Bottom