Caponi19

HCP
Local club/country
1912/USA
Irons
MP-32
Driver
Titleist
Given my current swing speed and age, I am looking to convert my iron shafts in my MP-32 blades. Any recommendations on the best graphite shafts to use? I have called the two Golf Galaxy stores near me and they did not instill any confidence on the process.

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Steelfiber from Aerotech would be a good start, also check out UST Recoil shafts

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Steelfiber from Aerotech would be a good start, also check out UST Recoil shafts
Good call from Mr Cup! - I would think that the lack of interest from the stores you contacted is that most graphite shafts are .370 & to fit them would require drilling out the heads? - Assuming you have shafts fitted now from the 32 era? - That would be S300's or something which at 130g or so can take a bit of loading - Other than the Steelfiber & Aerotech mentioned above, there are lots of great lightweight steel shafts that would weigh in under 100g - Lots in the 90g range which would be easier to get the balance / swing weight of your 32's right rather than trying to do this with a much lighter graphite shaft (?)
Good luck ... Paul

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Try Recoil shafts , You can get them with a .370 tip , have fitted a few players them

Top Bottom