CH919Forged

HCP
Local club/country
Shandon Park NI
Irons
JPX 919 Forged 4-GW
Driver
Callaway XR 10.5 Project X Stiff
Anyone else find they're buying a new glove every 2/3 weeks, not because they're wearing out but because they're stretched. I'm playing twice a week and first few wears really snug fit but after that they're baggy and useless. Currently using cabrettasof. Would understand if I was playing every day but I'm sitting with a bag full of barely worn but useless gloves.

CH919Forged

HCP
Local club/country
Shandon Park NI
Irons
JPX 919 Forged 4-GW
Driver
If it's just a cost of playing then fair enough I'll eat it but would expect more than 5/6 rounds out of a glove. Can remember wearing holes in gloves years ago

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Do you really need a leather glove? - The last one I had was one of the freebies we got at a Mizuno Forum Day? - I find they are hot & sweaty to wear & switched to the likes of a Footjoy Weathersof which only has leather on the palm & thumb areas? - These do not stretch out of shape as much as a full leather glove in my experience & would last me at least a couple of months - If you only like to wear leather gloves, then I would be looking for a brand that last a lot longer than 2/3 weeks
Cheers ... Paul

CH919Forged

HCP
Local club/country
Shandon Park NI
Irons
JPX 919 Forged 4-GW
Driver
Do you really need a leather glove? - The last one I had was one of the freebies we got at a Mizuno Forum Day? - I find they are hot & sweaty to wear & switched to the likes of a Footjoy Weathersof which only has leather on the palm & thumb areas? - These do not stretch out of shape as much as a full leather glove in my experience & would last me at least a couple of months - If you only like to wear leather gloves, then I would be looking for a brand that last a lot longer than 2/3 weeks
Cheers ... Paul
You're 100% right they are hot and sweaty. Have to take it off after every shot. I suspect that's why they're stretched after a few weeks. Need is a very strong word but I find the feel of a glove that fits really well helps with the ball striking. Shame it doesn't last very long. Now if I can find a glove that stops me blowing up at 3 holes in every round.... that I would pay for.

HCP
Local club/country
Rock Manor
Irons
Mizuno MP 30 (3-PW)
Driver
Titleist TS3 stock
Weather: humidity, dampness, and sweat effect the leather, making gloves stretch a bit. I go through 3-4 dry gloves per round, cycling through the group and they recover well enough to get about 10-12 rounds out of each. I flatten them and air dry them when I get home. In cooler weather, they last much longer. But still, there’s nothing like a fresh new glove on the 1st tee!

I have no feel for synthetic gloves - to me they are in the same category as synthetic “leather” basketballs compared to genuine leather balls: no soul, no feel, no touch…

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
You all bring up interesting points.

My hands are very large and over a number of years, I found I wore out any expensive name brand gloves, just as quickly as a $10 glove I'd buy through Amazon. I happen to currently favor the Finger Ten brand.

I used to do all the stuff like many of us do to copy the tour pros. I'd take it off between shots, but that evolved into taking it off only to putt. My problem became one of tearing the leather or tearing a seam putting it back on.

Now, I put it on before stepping on the first tee and only take it off when I've finished my round. I no longer care whether one hand is suntanned and one hand is snowy white.

Even though I'm playing just once a week, the extreme humidity here makes me sweat a lot. When I'm finished playing, the glove goes on the ball of a stretching device that stays in my bag. It lasts longer that way than putting the wet glove in a pocket in the golf bag.

Even with all that, a glove might last me 5-6 rounds...

Top Bottom