HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Weather in the UK has been awful - Have a browse through DCB's post about course conditions & you'll see what I mean - But this week it suddenly turned from Winter to Summer, completely by-passing Spring :eek:
At the range on Sunday it was about 12* - I played yesterday in a club match & it was 23* - Typical of golfers, some were complaining about the heat! - Personally I'd rather be too hot than too wet ...
I went to the range this morning at 9am and it was 19* already with 27* expected this afternoon (not good for my pasty Irish complexion!)
The warmer conditions have a huge affect on my swing / carry distance & as I use MEVO on the range I was able to do a quick comparison on my Flightscope profile (average carry distances over 10 or 12 shots per club):
Sunday with Driver I was 230y carry & 94mph club speed - Sunday with 3w I was 206y carry & 89mph club speed
Thursday with Driver I was 241 carry & 97mph club speed - Thursday with 3w I 219y carry & 92mph club speed
Irons too showed a big gain in the warmer conditions & my 5 iron carry went up from 150y carry to 166y with a club head speed gain of 7mph 
Paul

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
We've had a six consecutive days without rain .... a gentle breeze and a fair amount of sunshine and what a difference it has made.

I even managed to get out and hit a few balls on Tuesday evening, if this keeps up, I'll be doing a bit more of that in the evenings.  Forecast looks good for the weekend ahead as well. As Paulboy has said, these conditions certainly help the swing get back to where it needs to be :)

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
:)ulBoy said:
Weather in the UK has been awful - Have a browse through DCB's post about course conditions & you'll see what I mean - But this week it suddenly turned from Winter to Summer, completely by-passing Spring :eek:
At the range on Sunday it was about 12* - I played yesterday in a club match & it was 23* - Typical of golfers, some were complaining about the heat! - Personally I'd rather be too hot than too wet ...
I went to the range this morning at 9am and it was 19* already with 27* expected this afternoon (not good for my pasty Irish complexion!)
The warmer conditions have a huge affect on my swing / carry distance & as I use MEVO on the range I was able to do a quick comparison on my Flightscope profile (average carry distances over 10 or 12 shots per club):
Sunday with Driver I was 230y carry & 94mph club speed - Sunday with 3w I was 206y carry & 89mph club speed
Thursday with Driver I was 241 carry & 97mph club speed - Thursday with 3w I 219y carry & 92mph club speed
Irons too showed a big gain in the warmer conditions & my 5 iron carry went up from 150y carry to 166y with a club head speed gain of 7mph 
Paul
I concur .Struggling to get the driver out to 250 of late due to the cold and wet conditions.Hit a 3 wood close to 300 today downwind and a driver close to 300 into.Ball running on the drier fairways now.:):)

Top Bottom