HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
In another forum, an interesting question came up. Have you ever had a fitting that took into account more than just how the specs of a club fit your body and swing?

The OP was from Panama and I was able to answer his/her about the consideration made at Planet Golf here in Miami some years ago when I had my first Mizuno fitting. The reply was along the lines of common weather we enjoy or suffer through.

Longer story short, I should use clubs about 2" extra long. The 12 point swingweight increase would be difficult for my advanced age, complicated by the heat and humidity here in Miami, Florida.

Have any of you experienced a fitting that took more into account than body and swing?

Last edited:

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
I think most fitters won’t just go textbook. A good fitter will see what works in reality for you. I’ve been fitted to driver shafts, for example, that really shouldn’t suit my swing speed, but they do. And I play X flex irons, the days of hitting it a long way are long gone 🤣

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Long story short, a guy at a local Edwin Watts store fitted me for some PING irons many years ago and with no consideration as to my age or ability to deal with such a heavy swingweight in our weather conditions. The swingweight came out around E9 and he tried to tell me swingweight was a fallacy, it didn't matter and I'd get used to it. I returned the irons for a full refund a week later.

When I got fitted for the Mizuno JPX-850 irons, my first Mizuno fitting experience, it was 180 degrees different.

Top Bottom