Fitting At Bearwood

welshhead

HCP
Local club/country
Radyr Golf Club
Irons
JPX919 Forged(Project X LZ 6.0), Wedges S5(51/56/61) (Project X 5.5). Odyssey Pro Type 7.
Driver
Driver ST180 (9.5 Tensei Orange Stiff), 3 Wood MP650 (Red Eye Stiff), Hybrid MP650(19)(Red Eye Stiff)
Just a quick post to give Bearwood and Adam a big thumbs up for the fitting I went through on Saturday.

Professional from start to finish. I did go in thinking that I'd up with a blended set of MMC's and SC's, walked out ordering a full set of 919 Forged. Number and performance rule.. ..

Amazing facilities, prettiest range I've ever been on. I also used the brilliant practice facilities for an hour or so, chipping and putting. Wonderful setup.

The optimiser came up with a few recommendations. Top of the list was the KBS Tour S which I did like. Second was the AMT white which I was not fussed on and then the Nippon 120 Pro Midus in X which again was not as good as the KBS.

KBS was very good and I would have settled, spin was a little lower than i hoped as was peak height and decent angle was at 43 which is not really ideal.

Top of the others to try was the Project X LZ 6.0 and this just flat out performed. Smash factor went up, height went up, spin went up (which I needed) and decent angle went to 46. Carry up to 160 which is a big 7 iron for me.

Shows the importance of custom fit and trying the alternative shafts, not just the top 3.

I've has my 53s for 6 years and would have only changed if there was a distinct improvement, 12 yards and better flight characteristics said there was. Clubs ordered, now eagerly awaiting arrival :).

Anyway, I'd highly recommend Bearwood and Adam. Mizuno do things well, the ethos from manufacturer to fitting is top notch.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Thanks for the feedback. They've a great facility there.

Top Bottom