Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
We've been trying to pull some information together that gives you all a better idea of the current situation in Europe. As we can't give a blanket date, this appears to be the best way to set realistic expectations.

Over the last 3 months our shipping information suggests that:
  • 57% of all custom orders ship within 45 days.
  • 91% of all custom orders ship within 60 days
  • 99% of all custom orders ship within 90 days.
We are still dispatching some orders within 10-14 days. When we have all the components - we've got the staff ready to go.

Biggest challenge is that all the dates we give our fitters are based on dates given to us from our suppliers. As you can imagine, they have their own obstacles to overcome - so we might have a March 1 shipment of shafts that doesn't arrive until April. Unfortunately there is no system we can apply that helps when the information is so volatile.

Our office is shut - so not currently talking calls. Though everyone is still working and the fitters can get an update by emailing the normal 'orders' email address.

We will keep the fitter/retailer informed of all significant changes as they happen. We are also always available by email to our fitters if they have a question. Your fitter is your best point of direct communication on any order. Finally - our fitters can cancel any order up to the point of dispatch. Mizuno does not take payment until after shipping.

Thanks again for everyone's patience. Can only stress that these issues are not unique to Mizuno.

MPX

Last edited:

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
On my initial post, managed to make the situation look a little worse than it really is. Have updated the numbers above after a long trawl back through the shipping data.

Aldo

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
921 forged
Driver
Callaway big bertha alpha
On my initial post, managed to make the situation look a little worse than it really is. Have updated the numbers above after a long trawl back through the shipping data.
Very poor just been told I won't get my clubs until March some time 10 weeks wait to start of march its just ridiculous

Tunny0

HCP
Local club/country
Bridlington
Irons
Jpx921 hot metal
Driver
Cobra King F9
Very poor just been told I won't get my clubs until March some time 10 weeks wait to start of march its just ridiculous
Golf courses are shut bro anyway

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Aldo - afraid it's just the state of the world at the moment. We can't build custom clubs without heads. shafts and grips. We have a full team of people at the assembly line - we just can't get the parts in as easily as we could pre COVID.

Last edited:

Aldo

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
921 forged
Driver
Aldo - afraid it's just the state of the world at the moment. We can't build custom clubs without heads. shafts and grips. We have a full team of people at the assembly line - we just can't get the parts in as easily as we could pre COVID.
Why do you let companies make orders when you don't have parts available surely if a company or fitter tries to place the order surely someone at mizuno can say sorry we can't take the order as we don't have the parts . 921 forged heads when will they be available nipping 950gh neo shafts when will they be available tour velvet midsize grips when will they be available because my fitter cannot tell me i was told first week in February by my fitter now march will it be April nay june?

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Why do you let companies make orders when you don't have parts available surely if a company or fitter tries to place the order surely someone at mizuno can say sorry we can't take the order as we don't have the parts . 921 forged heads when will they be available nipping 950gh neo shafts when will they be available tour velvet midsize grips when will they be available because my fitter cannot tell me i was told first week in February by my fitter now march will it be April nay june?
I can understand your frustration - No one wants to hand over substantial sums of money only to be told their order will be subject to a long delay - I do not however think you should lay all the blame for this on Mizuno? - When did you order your clubs? - On the original thread relating to Custom Fit Leadtimes dated 26th October 2020 HERE MPX advised: "Time for a wider update. We are now running low on a lot of components and heads. This is not a Mizuno specific issue - the whole industry has been run dry by the surge in golf since lockdown ended. Without getting too deep into the detail - heads in particular have a very long lead time. Our forecasters have a tricky job estimating what's going to be ordered 6 months ahead. Normally if we are low on a model, there are some small tweaks between US / Europe or model changes at the factory. But this is across all models and worldwide - the industry has run out of ways to keep pace with golfers. Mizuno in particular has been in demand with the JPX921 launch - we've essentially built 4 months of stock in 2 months."
Suppliers / fitters of clubs were all fully aware back then of the problems Covid was already causing to the supply chain - This has clearly gotten worse as Covid continued to spread worldwide - However, suppliers / fitters continued to take orders? - Did they fully explain to customers the potential problems that already existed & may develop further? - I would suggest not - Much as I would liked to have made my two yearly iron upgrade to the JPX921, I choose to wait (thank god!)
Clearly many people on the various threads here did not choose to wait? - As it happens, the UK (minus Scotland) cannot play golf anyway (snow rather than Covid has stopped golf in Scotland I believe?) so none of us can play regardless of what equipment we have available - Having been to a family funeral this week, I'll just be glad to make it out of lockdown & get back to my normal life (including golf)
Paul

Skippy68

HCP
Local club/country
Golf in Wall / Germany
Irons
Beginner Irons - still waiting for Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal
Driver
Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Driver
I was fitted on the 9th October during the Mizuno-Day Germany at Golf24 in Berlin and my fitter said that it would take at least 4 weeks to supply. I placed the order after the fitting - JPX921 Hot Metal + 2 degree up, 5 till PW + SW, DG 105 Reg.-Flex, MCC+4 grey midsize.

Today we have 4th February 2021 (almost 4 month later) and there is neither a shipping information nor a delivery day in view yet. Ok, it’s damn Covid-19 time and not that easy theses days, but why is the customer service not present? I still looking forward to get the JPX921 Hot Metal. Fortunately is winter season. Best regards.

Last edited:

Aldo

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
921 forged
Driver
I can understand your frustration - No one wants to hand over substantial sums of money only to be told their order will be subject to a long delay - I do not however think you should lay all the blame for this on Mizuno? - When did you order your clubs? - On the original thread relating to Custom Fit Leadtimes dated 26th October 2020 HERE MPX advised: "Time for a wider update. We are now running low on a lot of components and heads. This is not a Mizuno specific issue - the whole industry has been run dry by the surge in golf since lockdown ended. Without getting too deep into the detail - heads in particular have a very long lead time. Our forecasters have a tricky job estimating what's going to be ordered 6 months ahead. Normally if we are low on a model, there are some small tweaks between US / Europe or model changes at the factory. But this is across all models and worldwide - the industry has run out of ways to keep pace with golfers. Mizuno in particular has been in demand with the JPX921 launch - we've essentially built 4 months of stock in 2 months."
Suppliers / fitters of clubs were all fully aware back then of the problems Covid was already causing to the supply chain - This has clearly gotten worse as Covid continued to spread worldwide - However, suppliers / fitters continued to take orders? - Did they fully explain to customers the potential problems that already existed & may develop further? - I would suggest not - Much as I would liked to have made my two yearly iron upgrade to the JPX921, I choose to wait (thank god!)
Clearly many people on the various threads here did not choose to wait? - As it happens, the UK (minus Scotland) cannot play golf anyway (snow rather than Covid has stopped golf in Scotland I believe?) so none of us can play regardless of what equipment we have available - Having been to a family funeral this week, I'll just be glad to make it out of lockdown & get back to my normal life (including golf)
Paul
I get there is a pandemic I do understand. I'm just frustrated I've been told 3 different dates now from my fitter its easy

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
I get there is a pandemic I do understand. I'm just frustrated I've been told 3 different dates now from my fitter its easy
Unfortunately that's because the dates we're being given keep changing as well. Reason we are taking orders is from the numbers above - the vast majority are being shipped within pretty good timeframes. The fitter doesn't have live stock information - over the last 20 years of this business it's never been needed. It takes on average about a week to get that order onto our system and parts allocated. Parts are arriving all the time - and the dates are calculated from the suppliers dates into us. At the moment those parts can arrive 2 weeks early or a month late. So we have to go with the dates on our system at the time. It's hard for all of us to adjust when service has been so seamless for so many years. Unfortunately this appears to be the new normal for a period.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
I was fitted on the 9th October during the Mizuno-Day Germany at Golf24 in Berlin and my fitter said that it would take at least 4 weeks to supply. I placed the order after the fitting - JPX921 Hot Metal + 2 degree up, 5 till PW + SW, DG 105 Reg.-Flex, MCC+4 grey midsize.

Today we have 4th February 2021 (almost 4 month later) and there is neither a shipping information nor a delivery day in view yet. Ok, it’s damn Covid-19 time and not that easy theses days, but why is the customer service not present? I still looking forward to get the JPX921 Hot Metal. Fortunately is winter season. Best regards.
Your fitter will be able to get an estimated delivery date from their service contact at Mizuno. Sorry to hear that hasn't happened for you.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
I've answered a chunk of this on your later post. We do tell the fitter a week after the order is placed if there is an issue - and give them an estimated date. They can cancel the order with us no problem if that's unacceptable.

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
Is the new line of Woods also being impacted by this? Is there a shortage of heads and shafts there as well? Or is the situation slightly different as it is custom pre-orders?

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Is the new line of Woods also being impacted by this? Is there a shortage of heads and shafts there as well? Or is the situation slightly different as it is custom pre-orders?
Woods should be a lot easier. We have no custom orders on the system yet....and components available.

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
Jpx 921 forged 4-gw
Driver
Ping G400 max
How about some sort of gift as we have to wait 3 months for clubs. I ordered 21st December UK. was told when I paid that it might be mid Feb I was happy to wait and understand the situation. But now been told March but expecting it to be delayed again . After forking out £1100 and having to wait 3 months maybe longer maybe a gift with your irons as a thank-you for waiting would help . This is the 1st time I've purchased mizuno irons and has put me off purchasing again

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
How about some sort of gift as we have to wait 3 months for clubs. I ordered 21st December UK. was told when I paid that it might be mid Feb I was happy to wait and understand the situation. But now been told March but expecting it to be delayed again . After forking out £1100 and having to wait 3 months maybe longer maybe a gift with your irons as a thank-you for waiting would help . This is the 1st time I've purchased mizuno irons and has put me off purchasing again
Hi Abbott - appreciate the frustration. It's likely the first time you've ordered custom clubs in the middle of a global pandemic too. From your side it probably looks sloppy - we know on our side the incredible efforts people are going through just to make building golf clubs possible at the moment. Please be patient with us - the clubs are built to be enjoyed for years to come. If it's really too much, the order can be cancelled at any point before dispatch. We have had warnings on our website since September and a stronger warning since November. Not the time to be ordering custom clubs if you need them in a hurry.

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
Jpx 921 forged 4-gw
Driver
Ping G400 max
Hi Abbott - appreciate the frustration. It's likely the first time you've ordered custom clubs in the middle of a global pandemic too. From your side it probably looks sloppy - we know on our side the incredible efforts people are going through just to make building golf clubs possible at the moment. Please be patient with us - the clubs are built to be enjoyed for years to come. If it's really too much, the order can be cancelled at any point before dispatch. We have had warnings on our website since September and a stronger warning since November. Not the time to be ordering custom clubs if you need them in a hurry.
Appreciate things are taking longer than normal. But over 3 months for some people and it would have been nice if fitters told you there was 3 month wait before taking your money . I don't want to cancel as I. Really looking forward to playing these . I think it's more a case of fitters happy to take ya money then blaming you guys for not having stock. Hope everyone gets there blue box soon

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Fabulous Frinton on Sea ESSEX
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
Mizuno MX700 JPX EZ ,GT & ST180 & ST180G
Woods should be a lot easier. We have no custom orders on the system yet....and components available.
My wallet is shaking..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom