db.

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Mizuno MP62 4-PW, Mizuno MP T5 52, 58 wedges
Driver
Ping G30 / Titleist 913 D2
Ah well, hopefully this encourages more to use Snainton Golf, who are always amazing.

Andy Bubba Burgs

HCP
Local club/country
Sitwell Park GC @ http://sitwellgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour & MP69 4-PW KBS Tour S Vokey 50 52, 56, 60, Evnrol ER2
Driver
Titleist TS3 Driver and 3 Wood Diamana S+ Blue 62 Stiff
The word on the street is .......most of the top golf brand didn't want to supply Sports Direct as it could cheapen the Co image/product. The acquisition of Direct Golf put's these brands in a very tricky place right now

Huggy Bubba

Wilburr

Local club/country
Kent
Andy Bubba Burgs писал(а):The word on the street is .......most of the top golf brand didn't want to
supply Sports Direct as it could cheapen the Co image/product. The
acquisition of Direct Golf put's these brands in a very tricky place
right now. You can read his review of the bathmate now.

Huggy Bubba

It's probably because the margins are thinner on top brands so they try to sell the crap brands they can make a ton from. I used to buy from direct golf a lot but now I look elsewhere first.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
What on earth has happened to this lot since Mike Ashley took over? What was the point in a hostile takeover of a well used golf web business if you then turn it into Sports Direct Golf store, only stocking Dunlop stuff?

It all smells very fishy.

martynewts

HCP
Local club/country
mill green
Irons
jpx 850 forged 5 to pw kbs reg 1 degree upright
Driver
Jpx ez driver 10.5 stock reg jpx ez 3 wood stock shaft reg jpx 800 5 wood stock reg shaft
They still have other gear, but guess its stock they haven't yet shifted, don't seem to be any new stock coming through, they do have some mizuno sets that you can get 20% off 

Martynewts

LOS

Local club/country
England
One of my cousins mates has been trying to get a new set of John Letters clubs and has been unable to find any so we trawled the net before Xmas and they have gone into administration and Sports Direct did not purchase them as part of the deal. It seems as though they haven't as yet found out as yet how much is owed by DG to their creditors and HMRC so I would imagine any of the big OEM's would be wary handing over stock if they are already owed a lot of money.

Some of the background can be read here (from JL's Administration)
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... download=0

Berixton

Local club/country
United States
Last edited:
Local club/country
United States
most of the top golf brand didn't want to supply Sports Direct as it could cheapen the Co image/product.

Top Bottom