DG wedge shaft differences

HCP
Local club/country
Earl of Mar
Irons
Mizuno / MP20 MMC / 4-PW
Driver
Titleist 915 D2
I recently picked up a 54* & 58* T20. Ordered through AG. I asked for DG tour issue S400 shafts. When they arrived the shaft label had DG wedge flex. Not the tour issue label expected. On the order sheet it also states DG Wedge Flex. Looking on a Mizuno website it would appear that these are in fact two different shafts. Does anybody know what DG wedge flex is? S300? S400? When I asked AG about this they told me I had the Tour Issue S400 but I don’t believe them. Since they’re custom and I’ve used them I can’t return. Is there much difference between the two shafts?Thanks in advance

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Wedge Flex Dynamic Gold is usually an S200 shaft - It is a slightly lighter version of the S300, with the S400 being the slightly heavier version of the S300 - But as there is only about 6 grams difference between all three shafts, only a top amateur or Pro golfer would notice any difference in performance? - The DG Tour Issue shaft is still the same step pattern as the non-Tour Issue, but the tolerances are tighter in the Tour Issue, which is why the Pros use them - I tried a "blind" test of normal v Tour Issue a few years ago & could not tell the difference - Performance of both was identical for me too
Hope that helps?
Paul

HCP
Local club/country
Earl of Mar
Irons
Mizuno / MP20 MMC / 4-PW
Driver
Titleist 915 D2
Wedge Flex Dynamic Gold is usually an S200 shaft - It is a slightly lighter version of the S300, with the S400 being the slightly heavier version of the S300 - But as there is only about 6 grams difference between all three shafts, only a top amateur or Pro golfer would notice any difference in performance? - The DG Tour Issue shaft is still the same step pattern as the non-Tour Issue, but the tolerances are tighter in the Tour Issue, which is why the Pros use them - I tried a "blind" test of normal v Tour Issue a few years ago & could not tell the difference - Performance of both was identical for me too
Hope that helps?
Paul
Thanks for your reply. I was led to believe wedge flex differs from OEM and Mizuno does indeed use S300 vs say Vokeys who do use S200. I think I’m more annoyed that AG tried to fob me off saying I had what I ordered. I didn’t pick this up until after I was home and had used them. That’s my own fault

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
No problem - If the label is a Mizuno one that says Wedge Flex then it may well be an S300? - A DG Wedge Flex label "should" indicate S200? - If you need to know what shaft(s) you have, you could take the grip off one of the clubs & see what the printed code number is on the butt of the shaft? - As per my first reply, the difference between the DG shafts, whether S200 / S300 / S400 is minimal at our level ...
Paul

Top Bottom