RobCH

HCP
Local club/country
Nomadic
Irons
JPX 900 Forged 5-PW, JPX FliHi 4, T7 50, 54, 58 wedges. Odyssey Tank putter
Driver
GT180 driver & 3 wood, JPX 900 3 Hybrid
Hacking out of a bad lie this morning my PW made contact with a sharp flint which left a nasty gash in the sole. Is there any way of getting it filled/repaired?

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
You can softly tap it out and take off any sharp edges. But main issue is that you've probably broken through the chrome - so be careful with moisture / rust.

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Draw file which us like a ladies metal nail file but 1/3 ofthewidth use some cooking oil or light oil onsole whilst you gently strokethe the sharpness out of the sole. Common practice just make it playable again. Dents and gauges add to the character of clubs pain in the backside at the time, but there you go.

RobCH

HCP
Local club/country
Nomadic
Irons
JPX 900 Forged 5-PW, JPX FliHi 4, T7 50, 54, 58 wedges. Odyssey Tank putter
Driver
GT180 driver & 3 wood, JPX 900 3 Hybrid
Thanks all. Yes, the gouge has gone through the chrome/finish so I'll be careful to clean and dry it after use. It's less a functional thing (can't make me play worse) than irritation that a newish set of clubs is less pristine and (eventually) less sellable. Sod's Law.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Hi Rob ... Yes it's always annoying when this happens, but you can't really "repair" a big chip like this - You could keep an eye out for a used 900 PW as they do pop up on eBay - You could probably still get a new head from Mizuno, but either option will be a serious kick in the wallet ... Paul

Top Bottom