mav82uk

HCP
Local club/country
Berrington Hall / UK
Irons
Jpx 919 hot metal Pro
Driver
Callaway Rogue St MAx
I purchased some 919 jpx hot metal pro irons in May 2019. Hardly used during 2020 for obvious reasons, yet at the range last night by 4i head snapped off upon impact. Where would I stand with Mizuno fixing or replacing the club?

I would expect something that cost as much as these did to last longer than 3 years (not even used for 5 months during lockdowns)

I will be contacting them when I am able to ring them but thought I would gauge the advice in here first.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
The phone number for the factory in Cumbernauld, Scotland is +44 1236 730317. Maybe the easiest thing would be to call them and ask. I suspect what they will tell you, besides whether your club is covered, is that you needto go through a Mizuno dealer to have the repair made, whether it's covered or not.

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
Mizuno does only give warranty for up to one year:
Mizuno equipment is guaranteed for one year from date of purchase against manufacturing faults. The guarantee does not cover damage caused by misuse, accidents or normal wear and tear.
https://mizunogolf.com/uk/caring-for-your-forged-irons/
So I would not expect too much. But it can never hurt to ask!

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
I purchased some 919 jpx hot metal pro irons in May 2019. Hardly used during 2020 for obvious reasons, yet at the range last night by 4i head snapped off upon impact. Where would I stand with Mizuno fixing or replacing the club?

I would expect something that cost as much as these did to last longer than 3 years (not even used for 5 months during lockdowns)

I will be contacting them when I am able to ring them but thought I would gauge the advice in here first.
Sorry to hear about your tale of woe - As others have said, Mizuno warranty on clubs is 1x year, so I'd be surprised if they offer anything free of charge - It is unusual, in my experience, for an iron from a top club manufacturer to fail in this way, however, some shafts are more prone to this than others - KBS shafts for example have suffered in this way - It would be interesting to hear what shafts are in your 919's? - My club fitter also warned me about excessive use of my irons at the range, especially those which are using mats on top of concrete? - The forces going through the heads are much higher than those playing shots off grass (sounds quite obvious when you think about it?) - It should not cost too much to have your broken shaft replaced, depending on what the shaft is ...

Top Bottom