Irons
Mizuno, JPX 825 2h&3h + MX-300 4-P + MP-T10
Driver
Mizuno MP 630 FT 10,5ª Fubuki Reg
Hello all,

I'm 5'4 and I've been playing Mizuno's MX-25 with the following fitting:

Length: -0,5"
Lie: 2º flat

I'm considering trading them for the new MX-200, do you know if it's possible to have them bent to 3º or 4º and not cutting the shaft? I feel I'm losing almost 20m in each iron with my current setup as they are lighter and also because of the shorter shaft.

Thanks in advance

Alastair Gibson

HCP
Local club/country
FIFE
Hi,

Im pretty certain that Mizuno only recommends maximum change from standard of 2 degrees on their irons. Thats what i was told and thats what web site suggests.

I think you would find that going much flatter than that would be difficult to swing anyway. you would feel as though you were having to carry the head rather than swinging it as it is not naturally hanging below your hands. Really strong players could do it (I remember Ian Woosnam used to stand miles from the ball) but i think normal players would struggle with good contacts and swing speed.

If it helps you then i would suggest that the most distance you can possible be losing by playing half inch short is less than one club difference on any shot as there is half an inch between each club and you will have stronger loft. so half an inch longer on your 7 iron is just a 6 but with a weeker loft. its really not going to effect you by more than 5 to 10 yards at absolute maximum.

Take one club more with the set up on the clubs you got and dont worry about it.

Hope this helps

Alastair

Top Bottom