Custom order delivered with errors

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
TM Burner 2.0 4-GW, std length, std loft, 2 degrees upright stock stiff shafts
Driver
TM M3, Tensei Blue Stiff shaft
Ordered Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro irons (5-GW), standard lie and length, 2 degrees upright, Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White R300 shafts, MCC+4 allign with 4 layers of buildup tape (because Mizuno does not carry mid-size grips in this model) on October 13, 2020 through Golf Galaxy (Order #: 801029). I was quoted three weeks lead time for delivery. Received my irons on November 12, 2020, just about 30 days. Opened the box and found the 5-iron was marked as S300 and the rest of the irons R300. Checked the packing list and it showed all at R300, as ordered. Checked the packing list for the buildup tape on the grips and it was NOT noted. On November 13, 2020, called Golf Galaxy (GG) who called Mizuno. GG instructed me to bring the 5-iron to Golf Galaxy, GG is to "blow off" the grip of the 5-iron to check the shaft and grip tape. If wrong sticker was placed on correct shaft, take the sticker off, put the grip back on and return to me. If it is the wrong shaft, send the club back and Mizuno will send a correct club. GG told me that Mizuno could not verify if the 4 layers of buildup tape was applied or not. GG will check when they take the grip off to check the shaft.
I understand that human error happens (wrong shaft or sticker) but for a company that advertises they are of top quality, shouldn't quality control catch the error before shipping? Double check the order before shipping? Why can't Mizuno verify how many layers of tape they put on a grip installation by checking the build order? How do I have confidence that the actual specs on all the clubs are correct after the above problems? After paying almost $1,000 for custom clubs, should I really have to drive an hour to GG and have them take the club apart to check the build specifications for/from Mizuno? Then I have to wait for the results and decision. Why wouldn't Mizuno just send the correct club to me direct and have GG send the 5-iron (Mizuno's mistake) back to Mizuno? Shouldn't customer service come first? From previous experience, a top golf manufacture sent me a NEW driver to replace a broken driver head of an older model even though the old club was five years old. I just feel like I should get the product I order with confidence that everything is correct from the factory, not rebuilt or corrected after the fact. Am I overreacting or am I justified in my concern?

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
TM Burner 2.0 4-GW, std length, std loft, 2 degrees upright stock stiff shafts
Driver
TM M3, Tensei Blue Stiff shaft
UPDATE: Golf Galaxy (GG) took the grip off the 5 iron and found that the shaft was correct but the sticker was wrong. A new, correct sticker is being sent to me. The grips on ALL the clubs were standard with only one layer of tape. GG took all the grips off and replaced them with mid-size grips. While re-gripping, I asked GG to check the loft and lie angles. GG calibrated their equipment with the Mizuno 7-iron fitting iron in store and it was spot on. ALL my clubs were the correct loft. The 5, 6, and 7 iron were all about 1 degree upright instead of 2 degrees upright. The 8, 9, and PW were all about 1.5 degrees upright. The GW was correct. I am really disappointed in Mizuno. I believed all the marketing regarding high standards and customer service but unfortunately I am one that did not experience their vision. I SUGGEST EVERYONE RECIEVING CUSTOM CLUBS FROM MIZUNO HAVE THE BUILD SPECIFICATIONS CHECKED BY AN INDEPENDANT STORE. Good luck everyone and hit 'em straight!!

Top Bottom