GoLowJoe

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
Mizuno/JPX921 Forged/4-GW
Driver
Taylormade/M3/9 Stiff Tensei Blue
Ordered myself a set of custom Mizuno JPX 921 HM with DG 105 S300 shafts and CC2 GP grips from the golf performance center in Sea Island. That was on 18, December 2020. Latest update I've gotten from my fitter was that Mizuno is still behind from the holidays as well as COVID fallout. He told me 4-6 weeks was the most likely lead time. We're now entering week six and still haven't seen anything. My brother-in-law got his MP-20 MMC set (4-PW) after a 7 week wait and was very pleased until the club head came flying off on his first swing with the new 8i. The shots he hit before that were incredible though. He'll be sending those back to Mizuno, extending his lead time even more. But from what we saw, they're definitely worth the wait! I'm just hoping I get a decent set of sticks so I can get back out there and start playing horrible golf again!
Ouch.. hate to hear that about your Bro-in-law's 8i. Those MMC's are nice. If I were to replace my 921 Forged, it would be the MMC's.

Good luck with your order. I'm pretty happy I waited.

PaulE89

Local club/country
Canada
Irons
Mizuno jpx 921 forged 4-pw
Driver
Taylormade SIM max
Ordered 921 forged with modus 125 s shafts on December 10th via my fitter. I’m in Ontario Canada. Called yesterday and was told they are done and just waiting to be shipped out now. So about 7 weeks from purchase to ship out if that helps anyone else waiting and wondering.

kevinl1990

HCP
Local club/country
Candlewood
Irons
JPX 921 Hot Metal
Driver
Epic
Interesting I am trying a DG120 XStiff in my 7 iron with a Jumbomax Small Grip. I noticed they barley touched the tip to scruff it up for the epoxy to attach.

Gopher1

HCP
Local club/country
Canada
Irons
JPX 921 Forged 4-GW Nippon pro 950gh stiff
Driver
Titleist TS3 Stiff
Ordered Canada 2021-01-27 -- JPX Forged 4-GW.-- 5 to 6 weeks.

Local club/country
USA
Irons
JPX921 HM / 4-PW+SW
Driver
TM RBZ
Just got a Fedex notification that my clubs have shipped. Should arrive tomorrow (I live in Atlanta, less than an hour from the Mizuno warehouse).

Ordered from PGATSS 12/21, shipped 1/28, allegedly will arrive 1/29.

Currently looking at tee times for 1/30. :)

GoLowJoe

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
Driver
Just got a Fedex notification that my clubs have shipped. Should arrive tomorrow (I live in Atlanta, less than an hour from the Mizuno warehouse).

Ordered from PGATSS 12/21, shipped 1/28, allegedly will arrive 1/29.

Currently looking at tee times for 1/30. :)
Nice!!!!! Let's get a look at them once they arrive.

Local club/country
USA
Irons
JPX921 HM / 4-PW+SW
Driver
TM RBZ
First FedEx truck blew by my house without stopping this morning. A couple hours later a 2nd truck dropped these off.
Few practice swings in the back yard and just the weight difference is amazing. Can't wait to tee off tomorrow!

The old clubs pictured for comparison are my outgoing gamers: ~30 year old Ping Karsten I's. There's fewer of them b/c my gaps were so small with them, it was only useful to carry odd numbered clubs. The 4i/6i/8i have just been living in the basement lol.

GoLowJoe

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
Driver
Wooooo!!! Nice! Enjoy those! That had to be a great moment when you saw that box being carried to your porch.

kevinl1990

HCP
Local club/country
Candlewood
Irons
JPX 921 Hot Metal
Driver
Epic
How are all y’all’s HM holding up? Comepared to some Callaway X-18 from 2006 they look like shit for only being played once and hitting at the range.

Local club/country
USA
Irons
JPX921 HM / 4-PW+SW
Driver
TM RBZ
Mine seem fine so far. I've only played one round though. I did notice some immediate marks when I hit a ball with sand on it at the range during warm up, but can't feel any surface difference so looks like it's just cosmetic so far.

I did chunk a few shots during my round to... Uhh...test the turf interaction. Yeah, that's it... Lol

GoLowJoe

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
Driver
Mine seem fine so far. I've only played one round though. I did notice some immediate marks when I hit a ball with sand on it at the range during warm up, but can't feel any surface difference so looks like it's just cosmetic so far.

I did chunk a few shots during my round to... Uhh...test the turf interaction. Yeah, that's it... Lol
Sounds good to me

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
JPX 921 Tour 4-GW
Driver
TaylorMade SIM
Anyone got anything on 921 Tour timeline. Been 4 weeks since order date. It’s 75 out here in AZ and I wanna get the new clubs out on the course.

GoLowJoe

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
Driver
Anyone got anything on 921 Tour timeline. Been 4 weeks since order date. It’s 75 out here in AZ and I wanna get the new clubs out on the course.
From what I can tell/have been told, any new build is going to take about 6-8 weeks.. regardless of the model.

kevinl1990

HCP
Local club/country
Candlewood
Irons
JPX 921 Hot Metal
Driver
Epic
6-8 weeks if everything is in stock. Someone on Reddit said Grips , and shafts are a big problem

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
JPX 921 Tour 4-GW
Driver
TaylorMade SIM
From what I can tell/have been told, any new build is going to take about 6-8 weeks.. regardless of the model.
Ohh man. Well good to know. Not getting my hopes up to much for an early arrival.

HCP
+15
Local club/country
United States
Irons
JPX 921 5-PW DG 105 S300
Driver
TaylorMade SIM 10
6-8 weeks if everything is in stock. Someone on Reddit said Grips , and shafts are a big problem
Apparently that was the hold up on mine. Just got the call from the fitter that mine arrived after being ordered 12/18/2020. Evidently the big holdup was the shaft.

Top Bottom