Custom fit or not so custom fit orders

HCP
Local club/country
Ruddington Grange
Irons
Mizuno MP67 3-PW
Driver
Titleist 910D3 10.5
I ordered my MMC20 irons mid August via my local Pros shop and have just been told I shouldn't expect delivery until 1st Nov.
Why the delay?
Everything about them is standard so there is no custom elements hence what is the justification for such a long lead time?
In fact I even went for the HMB 3 iron as I was told Mizuno don't do an MMC 3 iron.

I can still buy Titleist ST irons off the shelf so am a loss at why I need to wait for so long.

I want to support my local Pro but this sort of thing not only makes that more difficult but also makes me start to question the choice of Mizuno who i have used for over 20 years

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
I ordered my MMC20 irons mid August via my local Pros shop and have just been told I shouldn't expect delivery until 1st Nov.
Why the delay?
Everything about them is standard so there is no custom elements hence what is the justification for such a long lead time?
In fact I even went for the HMB 3 iron as I was told Mizuno don't do an MMC 3 iron.

I can still buy Titleist ST irons off the shelf so am a loss at why I need to wait for so long.

I want to support my local Pro but this sort of thing not only makes that more difficult but also makes me start to question the choice of Mizuno who i have used for over 20 years

This sounds like a pro issue. MPX has stated numerous times that Cumbernauld is running at 20 working days for orders. Sounds like your Pro only just placed the order or he's going through an intermediary like Foremost

HCP
Local club/country
Ruddington Grange
Irons
Mizuno MP67 3-PW
Driver
Titleist 910D3 10.5
This sounds like a pro issue. MPX has stated numerous times that Cumbernauld is running at 20 working days for orders. Sounds like your Pro only just placed the order or he's going through an intermediary like Foremost
Actually the order was placed directly with Mizuno which is what makes this more worrying

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
Actually the order was placed directly with Mizuno which is what makes this more worrying
Are you sure? Ruddington Grange are not down on the Mizuno Website as an authorised dealer and Fitting centre? Stanton on the Wolds is your nearest....

HCP
Local club/country
Ruddington Grange
Irons
Mizuno MP67 3-PW
Driver
Titleist 910D3 10.5
Yes, double checked with Ian earlier and he confirmed, even gave me the name of the person at Mizuno he originally spoke to

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
Yes, double checked with Ian earlier and he confirmed, even gave me the name of the person at Mizuno he originally spoke to
Copy in @MPX he will know

HCP
Local club/country
Ruddington Grange
Irons
Mizuno MP67 3-PW
Driver
Titleist 910D3 10.5
@MPX
Order I believe was placed with Joseph Beck

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
I believe that the MMC heads are currently out of stock. We are still in the middle of a tidal wave of orders - to my knowledge the MMC is the only head we've run out of (they are coming back in). Unfortunately the forecasts for heads are made months in advance - so the period we're still going through means there are going to be some shortages.

Not great for people out there - hard to keep apologizing. The factory managed to fight off the post lockdown order backlog working nights and weekends.......on the whole lead times are improving (although we're still saying 25 days to be safe). But the sheer weight or orders is nothing like we've ever experienced before. Can't complain as we're in an industry that's surviving the COVID nightmare. But its been tough in a completely different way.

Massive apologies for the frustrating delays. We are fighting to keep the orders moving .....and beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

HCP
Local club/country
Ruddington Grange
Irons
Mizuno MP67 3-PW
Driver
Titleist 910D3 10.5
@MPX
Thank you for the response however; the order was placed mid August and even 25 days wouldn't be 1st Nov which I'm being told.
I realise that things are not normal at the moment but was hoping for something by the beginning of October.
Is there anyway to expedite the order/delivery?

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
@MPX
Thank you for the response however; the order was placed mid August and even 25 days wouldn't be 1st Nov which I'm being told.
I realise that things are not normal at the moment but was hoping for something by the beginning of October.
Is there anyway to expedite the order/delivery?
Its 25 days when we have the parts - but the MMC heads are out of stock now until the 1st November. The head forecast will have been made at least 6 months ago.....when this golfing surge would have seemed very unlikely. Afraid i can't speed anything up, much as i'd like to as everyone is in the same boat. We're just trying to speed the whole system up - beginning to succeed on most counts.

I've just checked in with our cs team and when items are out of stock, we'll let the retailer / fitter know by email within a week or so of getting the order. Again - we wish it was quicker, but that's our current speed based on current number of emails coming in.

Last edited:
HCP
Local club/country
Ruddington Grange
Irons
Mizuno MP67 3-PW
Driver
Titleist 910D3 10.5
@MPX
Bugger, that means unless they have been built already and awaiting shipment (order ref:027329) earliest is November :(

Thanks again for your help and information, its always better when someone explains the problems rather than hearing nothing.

Local club/country
South Africa
Also ordered in August and have been informed that they will only be forecasted to arrive mid December. The local importer has informed me that they have found a set somewhere which happens to be the same spec as mine.....concerns me though.....

BRUCELILY

Local club/country
Northern Ireland
Similar experience here, ordered JPX921 2 weeks ago and was confirmed that delivery wont be until December

HCP
Local club/country
Ruddington Grange
Irons
Mizuno MP67 3-PW
Driver
Titleist 910D3 10.5
I'm getting even more worried now as my new cubs were ordered early August and there is no way I'm prepared to wait until December, earlier indications were I should see them very early November and even that will be 3 months..............

I can still get custom builds from other manufactures at a considerably reduced lead time to what Mizuno are quoting.
I've been holding on to the delivery being in the next 2 weeks or so.

HCP
Local club/country
United States
I'm getting even more worried now as my new cubs were ordered early August and there is no way I'm prepared to wait until December, earlier indications were I should see them very early November and even that will be 3 months..............

I can still get custom builds from other manufactures at a considerably reduced lead time to what Mizuno are quoting.
I've been holding on to the delivery being in the next 2 weeks or so.
Unfortunately theres so many moving parts to this. Not only within Mizunos control ie. Iron heads but theres also shaft shortages. I feel your pain as i am also waiting. My concern is that sh9 i choose another manufacturer ie Titleist 100s with my luck theres be issues with them as well ie shafts. All i can wish for is a better communication with Mizuno and my retailer as sho6 i had known i would have just not ordered

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
MP53s, T20 wedges
Driver
Sim Max
I believe that the MMC heads are currently out of stock. We are still in the middle of a tidal wave of orders - to my knowledge the MMC is the only head we've run out of (they are coming back in). Unfortunately the forecasts for heads are made months in advance - so the period we're still going through means there are going to be some shortages.

Not great for people out there - hard to keep apologizing. The factory managed to fight off the post lockdown order backlog working nights and weekends.......on the whole lead times are improving (although we're still saying 25 days to be safe). But the sheer weight or orders is nothing like we've ever experienced before. Can't complain as we're in an industry that's surviving the COVID nightmare. But its been tough in a completely different way.

Massive apologies for the frustrating delays. We are fighting to keep the orders moving .....and beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel.
We all understand we have to be patient because of Covid, but more clarity on how long products take to deliver would be helpful. I was told 3 weeks for delivery of FliHis I purchased on 9/29, now I see on the US website it is 5 weeks. Better to "under promise and over deliver." I will be calling Mizuno today, I hope I can get a straight answer.

CUJays34

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
JPX921 SEL 5-GW
Driver
Callaway Rogue Draw 9.0
Ordered JPX 921 SEL set Project x lz shafts, right at 3 weeks delivery

HCP
Local club/country
Ruddington Grange
Irons
Mizuno MP67 3-PW
Driver
Titleist 910D3 10.5
@MPX
This gets even more weird, Pro chased up today in the hope that i may seem my new clubs this week and guess what, someone has cancelled the order!!
This is extremely annoying and upsetting!!
PRO tells me he hasn't cancelled the order so you else can?

Any help on this one would be appreciated

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
@MPX
This gets even more weird, Pro chased up today in the hope that i may seem my new clubs this week and guess what, someone has cancelled the order!!
This is extremely annoying and upsetting!!
PRO tells me he hasn't cancelled the order so you else can?

Any help on this one would be appreciated
We aren't cancelling any orders.

HCP
Local club/country
Ruddington Grange
Irons
Mizuno MP67 3-PW
Driver
Titleist 910D3 10.5
We aren't cancelling any orders.
Seems like they were cancelled and then reinstated and top that off, were down to be delivered to a totally different club, good job someone chased them up today!
looks like they will be delivered this week, if there is anyone there at the club to take delivery!
I'm destined not to get these clubs or if I do, i wont be able to use them for at least a month!
Covid certainly has a lot to answer for.
@MPX, thanks again for your help

Top Bottom