Bernhard G

HCP
Local club/country
VcG
Irons
MP-5
Driver
JPX 850 / 11.5 / Aldila Tour Blue 65 Stiff
If you have a problem with Mizuno take it up with the customer services team for Mizuno Europe.
Look, it starts with that this is already impossible.
There is no Email to write to. Which is why I came here, wondering if Mizuno answers questions here. Nope.
I think they can take a little constructive criticism for showing their particularly interested customers the cold shoulder in general.
I have meanwhile talked to a regional representative of them here, and that by itself were appalling conversations.
Reading that you obviously like Mizuno clubs, Feel free to join in our good natured conversations around what’s in our bags, what scores we’ve been posting, what new things we’ve bought and what new gear is coming out.
I’m sure it’s more a lost in translation situation but please respect others that have an affinity with our favourite golf brand.

Thanks
Pointing out shortcomings in the way caring customers experience anything Mizuno, helps a good natured company to get better. Up to them.
The experience I had with them for my last two orders was simply bad, and I'm worried about the state of quality of their manufacturing at the moment. Why is this so hard to accept for you? These experiences also lead me to speculate, that their measures adapting to Corona means they are cutting some corners regarding quality control, and my feedback is intended to tell them this is a bad idea, rather let people wait a bit longer, but do not compromise on quality.

HCP
Local club/country
Blackmoor
Irons
MP20MMC 6-PW ProjectX LX 6.5
Driver
Epic Flach subzero 9 degrees Acrra FX 2.0 380 M5
the current delays they are facing are a key issue for many golfers, personally, Mizuno fills 2/3rds of my bag and I know due to what I need to build a rounded bag I will need to order a couple more pieces from them but their delays are hurting their brand.

Before someone says I am being too negative about Mizuno, answer me this why if Co-vid is the cause of delays 200 to 400% longer turnaround times are they not being smarter with fulfilling orders? it takes them 4 weeks plus to build and send out a set of clubs and the same length of time to put a single club head (no shaft or grip) into the post? let along being cleaver enough to package up multiple orders for the same person into one job lot.

I love my Mizuno irons but due to the delays this year my golf game has suffered badly with having to make do and that's not acceptable. Next irons are Miura.

BBB29

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MMC
Driver
Callaway
We're currently dispatching custom equipment around 20 working days after from receiving an order.

Considerably longer than normal. We're building slower as we've had to space the factory out completely differently since re-opening. Plus screening - every little change to protect our Cumbernauld staff has an impact.

On top of that the demand for golf equipment has never been higher - literally surged since the moment the shops re-opened.

We're fortunate to be in an industry that appears to be riding out the storm, but its frustrating not to be able to build to our normal speeds. The surge will obviously subside, but suspect the new normal might balance out to 8-12 working days for a custom build in the future.

If you're waiting on a new set - thanks for your patience. Hopefully those extra days become irrelevant over the life of the product. If you're considering placing an order, the days of 3-5 day turnarounds are probably over. Need to plan a little in advance.

Hope everyone is well and safe.
Can you confirm whether is it true that you have run out of MMC club heads in the UK? If so, when do you expect new ones to arrive?

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Hi all

Sorry for the 'wall of silence'. Generally if you want to contact us, the best route is the telephone number posted on the website. As you can imagine, when we did have a public email address, 95% of the messages were from people asking for sponsorship / free equipment. It was impossible to keep up and reply to everyone. There are a lot more golfers than members of staff, so we now focus on updating and communicating with our retailers & fitters. Golfers can normally get our attention via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram......or call us.

Having said all that - will attempt to explain the current scenario.

Factory working at compromised speeds - new COVID layout.
Post lockdown orders continually running at levels we've never seen before.
Stock levels of heads fixed months before we could anticipate a surge.

All amounts to an incredible level of general traffic that we've never had to deal with - and staffing / resources compromised by COVID / homeworking etc. The reality is that the system is creaking and we're fire fighting to get everyone their clubs. Evenings, nights and weekends being worked by people at the sharp end. Result is currently 25 days from order to dispatch.

Unfortunately when there is an error on an order (which happens in normal times too), it takes longer to flush through the system. It;s obviously very frustrating for you and equally upsetting for us when we've invested years into a system of working which isn't designed to cope with this situation.

Not unique to Mizuno - the industry is now running low on grips, shafts etc.

At this point all we can do is apologize, hope people can understand that no one could have predicted the last few months or prepared for it effectively. We are doing everything in our power to get back on top of the situation.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
I heard today that he MMC are now out of stock - the only model that is to my knowledge. Will ask those that know when they are likely to be back in.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Single irons or sets - orders placed as they arrive with us and hit the queue. Leave the factory in the order we receive them.

BBB29

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MMC
Driver
Callaway
We're currently dispatching custom equipment around 20 working days after from receiving an order.

Considerably longer than normal. We're building slower as we've had to space the factory out completely differently since re-opening. Plus screening - every little change to protect our Cumbernauld staff has an impact.

On top of that the demand for golf equipment has never been higher - literally surged since the moment the shops re-opened.

We're fortunate to be in an industry that appears to be riding out the storm, but its frustrating not to be able to build to our normal speeds. The surge will obviously subside, but suspect the new normal might balance out to 8-12 working days for a custom build in the future.

If you're waiting on a new set - thanks for your patience. Hopefully those extra days become irrelevant over the life of the product. If you're considering placing an order, the days of 3-5 day turnarounds are probably over. Need to plan a little in advance.

Hello. Is there any change in the outlook for MMC irons to be back in stock?

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Hello. Is there any change in the outlook for MMC irons to be back in stock?
MMC's are expected to be back in stock on 1st November.

HCP
Local club/country
Bourn Golf Club, England
Irons
Mizuno JPX921 Forged 5-PW
Driver
Ping G400
Good Evening,

My Retailer AG ordered my Custom Made 921 Forged Irons 5-PW fitted with AMT Stiff Shafts, Z Grip Align with 2 Layers and 2 Deg Upright on the 20.09.20, am I likely to receive them before the end of October 20 ?

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Good Evening,

My Retailer AG ordered my Custom Made 921 Forged Irons 5-PW fitted with AMT Stiff Shafts, Z Grip Align with 2 Layers and 2 Deg Upright on the 20.09.20, am I likely to receive them before the end of October 20 ?
AG can be a little slower as the order goes through their head office process. But on the whole we are working to around 25 days. Might need to add a couple of days to that for AG.

BBB29

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MMC
Driver
Callaway
AG can be a little slower as the order goes through their head office process. But on the whole we are working to around 25 days. Might need to add a couple of days to that for AG.
Hello, any update on the MMC’s, I saw on another thread the shipment may have arrived yesterday?

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Hello, any update on the MMC’s, I saw on another thread the shipment may have arrived yesterday?
MMCs are due in on 1st November.

Holliday

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
I ordered some JPX 921 HM on 19th Sept. I called to check progress via retailer and they advised that the shaft Nippon Pro was out of stock and not expected back until 12th November. I've asked to change the shaft to s300 which was a close second on the fitting (and in stock). Are these shafts still in stock or could there be other shaft / grip shortages?

HCP
Local club/country
llanymynech
Irons
Mizuno / MMC/ 4-PW
Driver
Taylormade/ M5/ 9.5 Haz Smoke
@MPX Ordered some MMC's on the 21st of September spoke to the fitter a few times since hearing there out of stock till the 1st of November. He said that they were in stock when he had ordered them. I hope he would of been told if my order was going to be delayed. It is 25 days since ordering them but he told me last Friday they would probably be here this week with what information I had. Mizuno MMC C taper X Flex shafts Grey Align Grips. 2 Degree strong 1 degree upright. Any News would be great.

Last edited:

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Hey there MPX, any update on the MMC heads would be welcome, still 1 November? I’m reluctant to order as I’m guessing there will be a big backlog to get through. Some assurance that enough heads are arriving to cope with the backlog + new orders would be welcome. I don’t really want to order then cancel again. Hope all’s well, cheers Bananas.

David Tasker

HCP
Local club/country
The Warrington Golf Club
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal 4 - LW
Driver
Mizuno ST200/9.5/Stiff

Hi, I placed an order for a full set of 921 hot metal, 4 - LW, nippon modus pro 120 stiff plus 1/2” and was advised 4 to 6 weeks max.

It’s now been 15 working days since my order was placed but have read a few notes on here and wondered whether mine would still be with me within 4 - 6 weeks as advised?

Purchased on the 20th October.

Thanks for any advice!

Top Bottom