Custom Fit Lead Times - Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
HCP
Local club/country
Les ormes
I'll try and get a guide. But as always best route to find when your specific set is due is to ask your fitter to give us a call. Saves all the guesswork.
Thank you, it was just to get a rough idea of the back log and stock you’ve been able to get hold of
Cheers

Local club/country
United Kingdom
Yes - we're still assembling. Plus read that shops are allowed click and collect.
Sadly American Golf are closed and aren’t doing click and collect. But no golf on anyway so counting down the days until it’s all allowed again so I can pure my HMs

HCP
Local club/country
Stonebridge
@MPX sorry to disturb you once again. I've just had a concerning email from my pro shop informing me that your offices are closed and they are unable to get any details regarding my order?

I find that hard to believe, is your call centre still open or has everyone been sent home?

Thanks.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
@MPX sorry to disturb you once again. I've just had a concerning email from my pro shop informing me that your offices are closed and they are unable to get any details regarding my order?

I find that hard to believe, is your call centre still open or has everyone been sent home?

Thanks.
Yes - afraid the staff are now working from home and not taking incoming calls at the moment. But the fitters can email and get replies as normal. We have a full staff - just not in the building. I'm guessing they're working on how to divert calls at the moment.

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
921 tour 4-pw DG S300 mph4 3i DGS300
Driver
Cobra sz adila rouge still 10.5
@MPX is the stock shortage just for the forged irons or does that include the 921 tours aswell? Also you said you were still building clubs, as i ordered through american golf are they still being made and shipped to them or are you not constructing there orders until they reopen? TIA

Tunny0

HCP
Local club/country
Bridlington
Irons
Jpx921 hot metal
Driver
Cobra King F9
Hi Mizuno ive posted screenshot of my conversation with my fitter everything you say is totally different to what my fitter is saying, your saying we have to get our fitters to contact mizuno directly

My question is I have saved hard for weeks to buy my first set of custom fitted clubs and I chose Mizuno and I have to admit I feel absolutely mugged off at the moment all I want is straight answers is it possible for somebody in the know to contact me privately with a an up to date correct and honest answer to my query? Surely with the details I can provide somebody at Scotland can track my order and give me truthful up to date tracking

I also know covid is a pain in the backside but if your claims that mizuno are still operating then there shouldn't be a problem thanks Screenshot_20210109-061227_Messenger.jpg Screenshot_20210109-061243_Messenger.jpg Screenshot_20210109-061305_Messenger.jpg

Aldo

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
921 forged
Driver
Callaway big bertha alpha
Surly mizuno can update people directly considering covid situation it just causes confusion having fitters contacting and getting one message but mizuno posting other information sound like the fitter might be telling duff information

Nbest1987

Local club/country
Childwall/England
Irons
Jpx921 HMP 5-G
Driver
Cobra speedzone
Hi all. I placed an order through AG for a custom set of hot metal pros on December 15th. After hearing nothing from them since I decided to give mizuno a call myself. The guy in the warehouse informed me that all custom built orders will be out by the end of January. Hope this helps some people

HCP
Local club/country
England
Those of us who've had Mizuno clubs historically will testify to their excellence - of feel, quality of manufacture etc. And as regards my last set - MP 64s - they arrived within a couple of weeks of order. What is happening now is wholly unacceptable and if those of you who use social media go public with what has been happening and Mizuno's non existent customer relations / services policy, their European business is likely to suffer.
American Golf, who fitted me for HMPs, ordered 2nd November, are closed (no collection from store as far as I know) so checking via them is impossible. I contacted a Mizuno number listed on the Cumbernauld site last week. The woman to whom I spoke, based in Reading I think, was frankly useless - no info whatever, no willingness to put herself with enquiries etc. and she confirmed, as I'd suspected, that they could not deliver directly to customers (what happens if perchance my club's are built and ready for delivery before AM reopens - assuming it does since I think it nearly went into administration last year or 2019?).
Mizuno Administrator - please give full update NOW and make arrangements for direct customer enquiries PLEASE!

CH919Forged

HCP
Local club/country
Shandon Park NI
Irons
JPX 919 Forged 4-GW
Driver
Callaway XR 10.5 Project X Stiff
Those of us who've had Mizuno clubs historically will testify to their excellence - of feel, quality of manufacture etc. And as regards my last set - MP 64s - they arrived within a couple of weeks of order. What is happening now is wholly unacceptable and if those of you who use social media go public with what has been happening and Mizuno's non existent customer relations / services policy, their European business is likely to suffer.
American Golf, who fitted me for HMPs, ordered 2nd November, are closed (no collection from store as far as I know) so checking via them is impossible. I contacted a Mizuno number listed on the Cumbernauld site last week. The woman to whom I spoke, based in Reading I think, was frankly useless - no info whatever, no willingness to put herself with enquiries etc. and she confirmed, as I'd suspected, that they could not deliver directly to customers (what happens if perchance my club's are built and ready for delivery before AM reopens - assuming it does since I think it nearly went into administration last year or 2019?).
Mizuno Administrator - please give full update NOW and make arrangements for direct customer enquiries PLEASE!
Does shouting at people in CAPITAL LETTERS and making statements encouraging other keyboard warriors to use social media to damage what you openly agree to being a quality manufacturer often help you get what you want. I would suggest you NOW consider the fact that you are asking Mizuno to ship a product that they haven't been paid for to you. If the clubs you have ordered are built and ready before that famously brilliant retailer you've used opens, they're still not your property. They're not invoiced until they're dispatched and even at that the contract is between the retailer and the manufacturer. There are bigger problems in the world right now than a set of nice clubs. Seriously catch yourself on.

LOS

Local club/country
England
https://blog.americangolf.co.uk/american-golf-covid-19-update/

To all our American Golf Customers

We hope that you and your families remain safe and well as we move into 2021, and we bring you this update in full support of all recommendations provided by the government. In line with the recent announcements regarding the closure of non-essential retail, please check our website for the most up to date information. We continue to operate a Click and Collect service from a very small group of stores.

Regarding CUSTOM FIT and PERSONALISED ORDERS, we continue to work closely with our suppliers in order to catch up on the back log of orders that have been placed. We also continue to work with our delivery partners to get your products to you as quickly and safely as possible, this includes contactless delivery. Please understand that we are still experiencing delays from our courier partners, who are dealing with unprecedented volumes during this time. Unfortunately, if you have placed an order for a Custom Fit product at your local store, we will be unable to allow you to collect this order if the store is closed and not offering a Click and Collect facility. We apologise for this inconvenience; the decisions have been made in order to protect our colleagues and safeguard our business so that we can be ready to return to trade as soon as we can do so.

With courses and ranges in England and Wales, N.I. and R.O.I. closed, please continue to keep up to date with our social media channels, blog and website, as they are regularly updated with the latest information and news from the world of golf, and our plans for a safe return to trade.

We continue to have a team of people “Working from home” where possible, as recommended. The exception to this is our experienced crew in the distribution centre working under the strictest guidelines where safety is paramount. With their help we can provide our customers with the products they need to “Play at Home” and remain safe during this pandemic.

You can still shop online HERE for all your essentials.

For any other help or information, please call the team on 01925 939999 or email aftersales@americangolf.co.uk We ask that you allow for some delays in our responses as we are experiencing a VERY high volume of contacts at this time and the customer service team are also working from home.
On behalf of everyone at American Golf, we thank NHS staff and all essential key workers for the amazing job they continue to do keeping everyone safe and well.
We thank you, our customers, for your patience and truly appreciate your ongoing support.

Stay Home, Stay Safe and Stay Healthy

HCP
Local club/country
South Africa
@MPX - Sorry to disturb. Been following the forum since placing my order in October and still waiting on a date from Mizuno South Africa as to delivery. Is it not possible to give us a guideline as to what heads, shafts, grips are in stock so we can adjust our thinking if we might get our clubs soon or still have to wait a while. If I were to know you don't have my combo in stock, there is no point in me pestering my golf club to pester Mizuno SA. Some info would be better than no info. Thanks.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
@MPX - Sorry to disturb. Been following the forum since placing my order in October and still waiting on a date from Mizuno South Africa as to delivery. Is it not possible to give us a guideline as to what heads, shafts, grips are in stock so we can adjust our thinking if we might get our clubs soon or still have to wait a while. If I were to know you don't have my combo in stock, there is no point in me pestering my golf club to pester Mizuno SA. Some info would be better than no info. Thanks.
Stock info changes daily as orders fly in - so the only sure fire way to know is to get your fitter to chase that information. I had a similar SA one last week and when we dug in the fitter had ignored our emails asking for a clarification on the spec.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Hi - afraid if any retailer who has ordered from us is shut, can cannot deliver the clubs. You have made a purchase from American Golf rather than Mizuno. Appreciate that its frustrating - but we can't ship clubs that haven't been paid for to a person that in this scenario we don't know. Hopefully American Golf will reopen shortly and you will be able to contact them for more information. Obviously if you wanted to place an order through a fitter who is open, we can service that order.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Surly mizuno can update people directly considering covid situation it just causes confusion having fitters contacting and getting one message but mizuno posting other information sound like the fitter might be telling duff information
Appreciate that it's frustrating - but we don't sell direct. We take an order from a fitter, so have to continue down that channel.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
@MPX is the stock shortage just for the forged irons or does that include the 921 tours aswell? Also you said you were still building clubs, as i ordered through american golf are they still being made and shipped to them or are you not constructing there orders until they reopen? TIA
The stock issues are across the board - heads, shafts and grips. Stock comes in, is assembled and we are very quickly low again. We are still building clubs - we will hold onto the AG ones and ship once they re-open.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Hi Mizuno ive posted screenshot of my conversation with my fitter everything you say is totally different to what my fitter is saying, your saying we have to get our fitters to contact mizuno directly

My question is I have saved hard for weeks to buy my first set of custom fitted clubs and I chose Mizuno and I have to admit I feel absolutely mugged off at the moment all I want is straight answers is it possible for somebody in the know to contact me privately with a an up to date correct and honest answer to my query? Surely with the details I can provide somebody at Scotland can track my order and give me truthful up to date tracking

I also know covid is a pain in the backside but if your claims that mizuno are still operating then there shouldn't be a problem thanks View attachment 10007 View attachment 10008 View attachment 10009
We've told the trade that we are still building clubs - just that the phone lines are close and they need to email. If you have been given a date, and no update - no reason to think that it isn't valid. Your fitter will have an office email - the same one they use to place orders. Our staff are all working and can answer any queries that they have.

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Mizuno jpx 921
Driver
Ping g400 max
I ordered mine on the 20th October. My fitter has kept me up to date from emails/updates from mizuno so can’t grumble. My shafts are due in the 18th January to mizuno. Not long now. Long wait but I understand the delays. Things are moving 👍

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
Jpx 921 hot metal 5-pw
I ordered mine on the 20th October. My fitter has kept me up to date from emails/updates from mizuno so can’t grumble. My shafts are due in the 18th January to mizuno. Not long now. Long wait but I understand the delays. Things are moving 👍
Hey! What set up did you order? I had my fitting 24th October and was told by my fitter 18th jan also!

There has been times I’ve almost wanted to give up and cancel the order and just get something off the shelf.
nearly there now though !

HCP
Local club/country
Moyvalley
Irons
Mizuno jpx 921 tour pw-6 forged 5+4
Driver
Taylormade m6 10.5 hzrdus smoke green
I’ve a combo set ordered jpx 921 tour/forged since the 3rd of November to Ireland. My fitted has been asking for a date but you guys keep on saying mid January. When you are told to ask for a date and ask and you don’t get a date you just get “mid january” it’s not good enough .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom