BBB29

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MMC
Driver
Callaway
The heads are coming in from far east. Ordered 6 months before they are needed - factory time, space, materials etc all needed to be planned for. If there is a surge in one country, the system can handle. But when every golfing nation around the world tries to double its orders at once, there's no chance. Add to that the impact of COVID on our overseas supply chain, assembly line in Scotland and 'normal' becomes an impossibility. Add to that staffing issues as people take days off sick or isolate. Add to that shafts and grips running low and it gets very complicated. We do realise that the natural tendency is to think that its all a scam and we're reveling in the situation - but that's for from the case. We've invested in this custom production model over many years and its very difficult to see it compromised to this degree. Keep in mind that Mizuno doesn't get paid until after the clubs are shipped and we've every incentive to speed up if we can. For now we're left with trying to communicate realistic expectations through our network of fitting accounts......one order at a time. Also not straightforward as component dependent and so many variants of head, shaft, grip. So again - apologies. We are genuinely doing our best and realise its hard to understand from the outside looking in.
Thanks for taking the time to reply in detail, it is appreciated. In no way do I feel you are reveling in customer pain, I’m sure you wish you could fulfil every order in good time. There is nothing that can speed things up so I will just have to be patient.

HCP
Local club/country
llanymynech
Irons
Mizuno / MMC/ 4-PW
Driver
Taylormade/ M5/ 9.5 Haz Smoke
I highly doubt it. I'm sure they just say between 7-10 days
really ? thought they wouldnt want £1000 items been bundled for a week before they get anywhere.

HCP
Local club/country
Ireland
Irons
Mizuno / JPX921 Tour / 4-PW
Driver
Mizuno / ST200 / STIFF
Hi All

Time for a wider update. We are now running low on a lot of components and heads. This is not a Mizuno specific issue - the whole industry has been run dry by the surge in golf since lockdown ended. Without getting too deep into the detail - heads in particular have a very long lead time. Our forecasters have a tricky job estimating what's going to be ordered 6 months ahead. Normally if we are low on a model, there are some small tweaks between US / Europe or model changes at the factory. But this is across all models and worldwide - the industry has run out of ways to keep pace with golfers. Mizuno in particular has been in demand with the JPX921 launch - we've essentially built 4 months of stock in 2 months.

So from now the 30 days expectation is no longer valid in most cases. Any fitter / retailer who places an order will be told around a week later if there is a significant delay (due to stock) past the 30 days we've been advising. They will pass on that expected delivery date. You'll then have the option to wait or cancel the order - worth discussing that with your retailer at the time. Right now we have exhausted all the JPX921 models (next shipment is January) and most MP-20 (due December). We do still have the MP-20 muscleback heads in stock. These dates and info can and do change (in both directions).

Strange times. Meanwhile i hope you're all playing plenty. Seems like you are.
Hi, I placed my order in Halpenny Golf in Ireland on 17-10-20 for JPX921 Tour irons 4-PW.
What is the likelihood of these being in the already allocated stock and me seeing them in the next few weeks or am I effected and won't see my clubs until January or later? I am hoping for the first outcome....

Enrico

HCP
Local club/country
Buchannan Castle
Irons
JPX 921 Forged 5-PW
Driver
Taylormade M5
Hi all, I've been away from this forum from many years since I used other manufacturers irons. However on 2nd October I ordered a set of JPX 921 forged from American Golf. I will let you know when I receive them and give you an idea of delivery time although given the latest update new orders look to be drastically delayed.
Can I just say that given the current Covid situation everyone just needs to be patient and all golf manufacturers are in the same situation/
Glad to be back on the forum

Henners93

HCP
Local club/country
Downshire Golf Club
Irons
Waiting for JPX921 Tour
Driver
Old Titleist
If my clubs are 'sat on the production line' - how long are we looking at from now?

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
@MPX when you send out clubs to the uk is it by next day delivery or ?
It's meant to be a next day delivery - but seems like its taking 2-3 days at the moment. Couriers have pressures on their resource too.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
If my clubs are 'sat on the production line' - how long are we looking at from now?
around 30 days from order to dispatch - if your retailer hasn't been told that we are short of any components. Once on production line - i;d say a week.

HCP
Local club/country
llanymynech
Irons
Mizuno / MMC/ 4-PW
Driver
around 30 days from order to dispatch - if your retailer hasn't been told that we are short of any components. Once on production line - i;d say a week.
mines been 40 days fitter hasn't had any info as in shortages or parts not been in. but they have 2 sets in transit but don't know which ones ?? surly they would have more idea than this ?

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
Sad news, have just placed an order for some 921 forged and MP20 HMB. At least the expectation can only build and build. Completely get the difficulty at the moment, the problems of making a quality product!

HCP
Local club/country
United States
mines been 40 days fitter hasn't had any info as in shortages or parts not been in. but they have 2 sets in transit but don't know which ones ?? surly they would have more idea than this ?
Looks like they were able to fulfill the USA request. I just got notice of item being delivered. Sorry to hear your situation

HCP
Local club/country
llanymynech
Irons
Mizuno / MMC/ 4-PW
Driver
Looks like they were able to fulfill the USA request. I just got notice of item being delivered. Sorry to hear your situation
I haven't even had any news like yeah there been sorted or no we haven't got them its 7 weeks on Monday 2nd would like a little heads up. You would think they would know what's happening 7 weeks on mpx said they would be informed after a week but here we are.

HCP
Local club/country
Stonebridge
Oops, just found this thread after placing an order for JPX921 HMPs on Monday.
Looks like I'll be waiting until at least January then.

Enrico

HCP
Local club/country
Buchannan Castle
Irons
JPX 921 Forged 5-PW
Driver
Taylormade M5
Just picked up my 921 forged this afternoon. Ordered 2nd October so happy with delivery times given latest update on delays.
Initial impression.....stunning. The quality of finish is exceptional. 5-7 iron blade length a little longer than my old set and you can just see the back of the sole at address position on the 5 iron. However performance is great. 8-pw is much more compact at address and feel is the same all through the set.
Heading to the range tomorrow to hit them again.
Just hid them in the downstairs cupboard...... don't tell the wife.

Local club/country
Gillingham
Irons
JPX 921 HM 5-LW
Driver
Ping G410+ Driver, 3 Wood, 4 Hybrid
Just picked up my 921 forged this afternoon. Ordered 2nd October so happy with delivery times given latest update on delays.
Initial impression.....stunning. The quality of finish is exceptional. 5-7 iron blade length a little longer than my old set and you can just see the back of the sole at address position on the 5 iron. However performance is great. 8-pw is much more compact at address and feel is the same all through the set.
Heading to the range tomorrow to hit them again.
Just hid them in the downstairs cupboard...... don't tell the wife.
gives me hope I ordered mine on the 2nd October as well 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

HCP
Local club/country
Danmark
Irons
mizuno 921 forged 4-pw
Driver
callaway epic 10,5 fujikura speeder stiff
@MPX now that you are missing heads, are you putting shafts and gribs om hold. so when my JPX 921 forged heads arrive, there is a set of shafts and gribs waiting . just to mahe shurer i dont grt put firther down the line.

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
Mizuno jpx 921 hot metal 5-gw
Driver
Cobra f9 10.5
@MPX now that you are missing heads, are you putting shafts and gribs om hold. so when my JPX 921 forged heads arrive, there is a set of shafts and gribs waiting . just to mahe shurer i dont grt put firther down the line.
I was told that once your order is created the shafts and grips, as long as they're in stock, are accounted to your order and do not get put onto another persons order so that once the heads are back in stock they're good to go for building them.

Local club/country
Gillingham
Irons
JPX 921 HM 5-LW
Driver
Ping G410+ Driver, 3 Wood, 4 Hybrid
@MPX could you ask your CS manager to respond to Ian @ Golfgeardirect as he has sent a couple of emails about my order and not had a response. Was placed on the 2nd October and they have had no updates about delays etc and no ETA on delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom