HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Hi All

Time for a wider update. We are now running low on a lot of components and heads. This is not a Mizuno specific issue - the whole industry has been run dry by the surge in golf since lockdown ended. Without getting too deep into the detail - heads in particular have a very long lead time. Our forecasters have a tricky job estimating what's going to be ordered 6 months ahead. Normally if we are low on a model, there are some small tweaks between US / Europe or model changes at the factory. But this is across all models and worldwide - the industry has run out of ways to keep pace with golfers. Mizuno in particular has been in demand with the JPX921 launch - we've essentially built 4 months of stock in 2 months.

So from now the 30 days expectation is no longer valid in most cases. Any fitter / retailer who places an order will be told around a week later if there is a significant delay (due to stock) past the 30 days we've been advising. They will pass on that expected delivery date. You'll then have the option to wait or cancel the order - worth discussing that with your retailer at the time. Right now we have exhausted all the JPX921 models (next shipment is January) and most MP-20 (due December). We do still have the MP-20 muscleback heads in stock. These dates and info can and do change (in both directions).

Your retailer / fitter can call us for updates through the week. Our phone lines are open and we are taking calls.

Strange times. Meanwhile i hope you're all playing plenty. Seems like you are.

Last edited:
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Right now we have exhausted all the JPX921 models (next shipment is January)
Hi there, is this related to orders received from now? i.e. I put an order for the 921 HMPs (including GW) 1st October and have been told they should be delivered this week but the GW is out of stock, expected end of November. Is that date no longer realistic? (In general, appreciate you can't comment on specific orders).

Cheers

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Hi there, is this related to orders received from now? i.e. I put an order for the 921 HMPs (including GW) 1st October and have been told they should be delivered this week but the GW is out of stock, expected end of November. Is that date no longer realistic? (In general, appreciate you can't comment on specific orders).

Cheers
Yes - this is just new orders. If you've already been given a date, it means the stock has been allocated to your order.

Henners93

HCP
Local club/country
Downshire Golf Club
Irons
Waiting for JPX921 Tour
Driver
Old Titleist
Hi is there anyway of knowing what date my irons are expected to be delivered if I ordered on 5th October? I keep seeing mention of customers being given a date - I have pressed my retailer for this but have not been able to get any commitment yet.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Hi is there anyway of knowing what date my irons are expected to be delivered if I ordered on 5th October? I keep seeing mention of customers being given a date - I have pressed my retailer for this but have not been able to get any commitment yet.
If the wait is likely to be impacted by shortages, we would have contacted your fitter with an expected date. If they haven't been contacted, you're looking at around 30 days from when the order was placed with us.

Henners93

HCP
Local club/country
Downshire Golf Club
Irons
Waiting for JPX921 Tour
Driver
Old Titleist
If the wait is likely to be impacted by shortages, we would have contacted your fitter with an expected date. If they haven't been contacted, you're looking at around 30 days from when the order was placed with us.
Ok that makes sense - I ordered at the point in which you were quoting 25 days so would it be expected to be within that window?

HCP
Local club/country
llanymynech
Irons
Mizuno / MMC/ 4-PW
Driver
Taylormade/ M5/ 9.5 Haz Smoke
@MPX I have called my fitters god knows how many times. With no update on a expected date I ordered on the 21st of September. its been 5 weeks and still no estimated date or any info of delays.

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
20,000 new golfers since lockdown lifted in the UK. Its a sellers market on eBay at present and look at the inventory of golf bidder they would normally have 100s of irons and they have quite low numbers now available. i'm finding ordering basic stuff a major task. These are strange times. I would say to anyone ordering anything new be it Mizuno, Callaway Ping etc hang on to your existing clubs if you are thinking of selling them as delivery times are and will unfortunately be lengthy for your new gear.......

BBB29

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MMC
Driver
Callaway
Hi All

Time for a wider update. We are now running low on a lot of components and heads. This is not a Mizuno specific issue - the whole industry has been run dry by the surge in golf since lockdown ended. Without getting too deep into the detail - heads in particular have a very long lead time. Our forecasters have a tricky job estimating what's going to be ordered 6 months ahead. Normally if we are low on a model, there are some small tweaks between US / Europe or model changes at the factory. But this is across all models and worldwide - the industry has run out of ways to keep pace with golfers. Mizuno in particular has been in demand with the JPX921 launch - we've essentially built 4 months of stock in 2 months.

So from now the 30 days expectation is no longer valid in most cases. Any fitter / retailer who places an order will be told around a week later if there is a significant delay (due to stock) past the 30 days we've been advising. They will pass on that expected delivery date. You'll then have the option to wait or cancel the order - worth discussing that with your retailer at the time. Right now we have exhausted all the JPX921 models (next shipment is January) and most MP-20 (due December). We do still have the MP-20 muscleback heads in stock. These dates and info can and do change (in both directions).

Strange times. Meanwhile i hope you're all playing plenty. Seems like you are.
Are you now saying the shipment of MMC heads that was quoted on here to be due on the 1st of November is now delayed until December?

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
Mizuno jpx 921 hot metal 5-gw
Driver
Cobra f9 10.5
Just been informed the jpx 921 hot metal heads are also out of stock until november 29th. I ordered mine 3weeeks ago and just been told now.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Just been informed the jpx 921 hot metal heads are also out of stock until november 29th. I ordered mine 3weeeks ago and just been told now.
I do know that we just found out that the MMC shipment was delayed. So the retailer has got back to you the moment they had an update from us. Many apologies - realise this is beyond frustrating.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Are you now saying the shipment of MMC heads that was quoted on here to be due on the 1st of November is now delayed until December?
Yes - afraid so. As you can tell the supply chain is creaking and info is late into us as well.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
@MPX I have called my fitters god knows how many times. With no update on a expected date I ordered on the 21st of September. its been 5 weeks and still no estimated date or any info of delays.
We will have updated the fitter if there's a component shortage. If that hasn't happened, should be looking at around a 30 day turnaround. Afraid we can only update the person / company who placed the order with us.

HCP
Local club/country
llanymynech
Irons
Mizuno / MMC/ 4-PW
Driver
@MPX its been 37 days but they keep saying they haven't been told of any issues

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
@MPX its been 37 days but they keep saying they haven't been told of any issues
Either they've missed an email or your irons are due any day. They can get in touch with customer service any day and find out.

BBB29

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MMC
Driver
Callaway
Yes - afraid so. As you can tell the supply chain is creaking and info is late into us as well.
Beyond frustrating is an understatement. I understand that we are living in a changed world but why can’t the golf industry adapt to efficiently meet the increased demand? 4 months to get a set of irons is too long..

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Beyond frustrating is an understatement. I understand that we are living in a changed world but why can’t the golf industry adapt to efficiently meet the increased demand? 4 months to get a set of irons is too long..
The heads are coming in from far east. Ordered 6 months before they are needed - factory time, space, materials etc all needed to be planned for. If there is a surge in one country, the system can handle. But when every golfing nation around the world tries to double its orders at once, there's no chance. Add to that the impact of COVID on our overseas supply chain, assembly line in Scotland and 'normal' becomes an impossibility. Add to that staffing issues as people take days off sick or isolate. Add to that shafts and grips running low and it gets very complicated. We do realise that the natural tendency is to think that its all a scam and we're reveling in the situation - but that's for from the case. We've invested in this custom production model over many years and its very difficult to see it compromised to this degree. Keep in mind that Mizuno doesn't get paid until after the clubs are shipped and we've every incentive to speed up if we can. For now we're left with trying to communicate realistic expectations through our network of fitting accounts......one order at a time. Also not straightforward as component dependent and so many variants of head, shaft, grip. So again - apologies. We are genuinely doing our best and realise its hard to understand from the outside looking in.

HCP
Local club/country
llanymynech
Irons
Mizuno / MMC/ 4-PW
Driver
@MPX when you send out clubs to the uk is it by next day delivery or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom