Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Hi Thanks for this. Are you saying that customers that have ordered say 4-LW in hot metal would have to wait for the wedges to become available in Jan before receiving our orders?
Correct. The factory have standards imposed by our team in Japan that dictate we have to build in complete sets.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
@MPX when you say out of stock, from what order date is that from? I ordered 3rd October so surely the heads were allocated to my order before you went “out of stock”? I have 5-PW on order with KBS Tour 90 and MCC+4 midsize, so would you assume I’ll get them this month?
That's why the only sensible answer i can really give is - ask your fitter to give us a call for an update. Only that takes every component into account and where your order sits in that queue. Looks like we're dodging the issue when we say that - but it really is the only way for you to get a proper answer related to your set. Lots of people asking us to post when new stock is coming in .....but as this shows, that doesn't really help. Only throws up more questions.

To your question - no, your order goes onto our system whether we have immediate stock or not. At that point we update the retailer if there is an issue - giving you the opportunity to cancel if you don't like the estimate date.

Glad to hear you have your irons.

Last edited:

David Tasker

HCP
Local club/country
The Warrington Golf Club
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal 4 - LW
Driver
Mizuno ST200/9.5/Stiff
Correct. The factory have standards imposed by our team in Japan that dictate we have to build in complete sets.
This is getting beyond a joke now it really is! So because I’m a client that chosen to invest even more in your brand and have the irons plus wedges I have to sit and wait even longer to get my irons because my wedges aren’t going to be in until Jan and then another 10-15 working days on top of that etc etc that’ll be almost 4 months wait! This is shockingly bad now. Absolutely terrible customer service sorry

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
@MPX when you say out of stock, from what order date is that from? I ordered 3rd October so surely the heads were allocated to my order before you went “out of stock”? I have 5-PW on order with KBS Tour 90 and MCC+4 midsize, so would you assume I’ll get them this month?
It means that today we have no heads in the warehouse. Glad to hear that you now have your irons - but it was possible your order could have been placed on 3rd October and still not made this batch (it was probably a close call). Really is just best to ask the fitter to give us a call and get back to you. Its by far the vest way to get the fullest possible picture - good or bad.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
This is getting beyond a joke now it really is! So because I’m a client that chosen to invest even more in your brand and have the irons plus wedges I have to sit and wait even longer to get my irons because my wedges aren’t going to be in until Jan and then another 10-15 working days on top of that etc etc that’ll be almost 4 months wait! This is shockingly bad now. Absolutely terrible customer service sorry
Hi David - if i could build and deliver the irons for you myself i would. But Japan has build standards and oversee our assembly line. One of the standards that they won't break is matching swing weights through the set ....which means building and releasing as a full set.

Very frustrating - but i guess that's when you find out if you have genuine principles. Mizuno Japan definitely does - on this occasion its not helping either of us. They would argue that they are looking after you long term by providing a quality product, rather than rushing it out the door so we can cash your payment.

Your fitter might be able to come up with a solution working a loophole.

David Tasker

HCP
Local club/country
The Warrington Golf Club
Irons
Driver
Mizuno ST200/9.5/Stiff
Hi David - if i could build and deliver the irons for you myself i would. But Japan has build standards and oversee our assembly line. One of the standards that they won't break is matching swing weights through the set ....which means building and releasing as a full set.

Very frustrating - but i guess that's when you find out if you have genuine principles. Mizuno Japan definitely does - on this occasion its not helping either of us. They would argue that they are looking after you long term by providing a quality product, rather than rushing it out the door so we can cash your payment.

I appreciate it’s not your fault and have to stick to your values. For sure that’s cool but as a client that’s paid and is waiting, having the option to get my irons first rather than waiting for the wedges should be my right.

I sold my clubs and ordered an entire set with you on the basis I’d have them within 4-6 weeks.

Given the wedges are only due in Jan and then I’ll need to wait again for build, delivery etc etc that’ll be best part of 4 months waiting and unable to play.

Regardless of the situation this isn’t acceptable for me. And not being given the option to take the irons I’ve paid for before the wedges irons is a Kick in the....

Another wait ahead and a very frustrated customer. Appreciate the reply and points raised for sure.

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Mizuno jpx 921
Driver
Ping g400 max
Correct. The factory have standards imposed by our team in Japan that dictate we have to build in complete sets.[/QUOTE
I’m in the same boat.
Would cancelling the wedges off the order be an option or would that put us to the back of the que?
cheers

David Tasker

HCP
Local club/country
The Warrington Golf Club
Irons
Driver
Mizuno ST200/9.5/Stiff
Good question pal. I obviously appreciate the fact that we all want them right. I’m going to hold on in there and wait as I personally need the wedges too hence the order. Just wish I could get the irons first. Good luck

Local club/country
Gillingham
Irons
JPX 921 HM 5-LW
Driver
Ping G410+ Driver, 3 Wood, 4 Hybrid
All - if you want specific info, please ask your fitter to give us a call. That's the best way to get the most accurate estimate I've been over to see the team today and every single call in (22) has been answered this am. I'm hesitant to give out general stock info as can still be a bit misleading. But shipments into us scheduled:

Hot Metal - Out of stock, but shipment into Scotland next week (GW and SW are Jan). Sets including GW or SW won't be sent until those are in.
Forged - Out of stock. Mid Jan shipment into Scotland.
Tour - In stock.
MP-20 - In stock.
MMC - Out of stock. Shipment due in next week.
HMB - In stock.

Afraid that won't answer all of your questions - there's shafts and grips to add into that mix. Plus there are hundreds of orders daily changing the stock situation. So please just ask your fitter to give us a call.
So are the HM GW and SW out of stock for every order you have or do some of the early October orders have them sat waiting for other heads coming in ?

David Tasker

HCP
Local club/country
The Warrington Golf Club
Irons
Driver
Mizuno ST200/9.5/Stiff
So are the HM GW and SW out of stock for every order you have or do some of the early October orders have them sat waiting for other heads coming in ?
Good query mate yet I expect the worst

HCP
Local club/country
Galgorm Castle GC Northern Ireland
Irons
JPX 900 Tour
Driver
Ping G400

MPX. Can you explain then why my order from September has not been sent as a full set. The 4 and 5 HMB arrived with my retailer a few weeks ago and I am still waiting for the 6 to PW MMC. Should I be concerned regarding matching swing weights now. I appreciate the delay in the MMC heads and have been patient but now worried regarding your comments about build standards not been upheld.

David Tasker

HCP
Local club/country
The Warrington Golf Club
Irons
Driver
Mizuno ST200/9.5/Stiff
MPX. Can you explain then why my order from September has not been sent as a full set. The 4 and 5 HMB arrived with my retailer a few weeks ago and I am still waiting for the 6 to PW MMC. Should I be concerned regarding matching swing weights now. I appreciate the delay in the MMC heads and have been patient but now worried regarding your comments about build standards not been upheld.
I too have had my hybrid arrive and my driver plus 3 wood expected tomorrow. If that’s the case then not sure why irons can’t be sent separately. Anyway. Feel for MPX as he’s very very helpful and try’s to help many

David Tasker

HCP
Local club/country
The Warrington Golf Club
Irons
Driver
Mizuno ST200/9.5/Stiff
Sorry forgot to say. Hope you get sorted soon! Them lead times are crazy!

Local club/country
Gillingham
Irons
JPX 921 HM 5-LW
Driver
Ping G410+ Driver, 3 Wood, 4 Hybrid
I too have had my hybrid arrive and my driver plus 3 wood expected tomorrow. If that’s the case then not sure why irons can’t be sent separately. Anyway. Feel for MPX as he’s very very helpful and try’s to help many
Devils advocate here but woods would be considered separate orders ie you order a driver, you order a 3 wood and then a hybrid fir example but irons are 5-PW etc

HCP
Local club/country
Thorndon Park Golf Club
Irons
JPX 921 Hot Metal
Driver
Taylor Made M2
There are definitely some issues with communication going on.
Not sure whether it is my fitter or Mizuno to blame (although to be fair to Mizuno my fitter has been pretty bad at communicating with me).

My order JPX Hot Metal (NS Pro 950 Neo) 5-PW plus GW was made 25th September.
24th Nov I got an email from my fitter saying the requested shafts were out of stock and there would not be new stock until February.
Today they arrived.

Somehow I am both pleased and annoyed.

David Tasker

HCP
Local club/country
The Warrington Golf Club
Irons
Driver
Mizuno ST200/9.5/Stiff
Devils advocate here but woods would be considered separate orders ie you order a driver, you order a 3 wood and then a hybrid fir example but irons are 5-PW etc
Yeah man I’m not here to fall out with a brand I really like. Spent £2500 though and no clubs etc etc but I am massively impatient know which isn’t anyone’s fault

HCP
Local club/country
Galgorm Castle GC Northern Ireland
Irons
JPX 900 Tour
Driver
Ping G400
Totally agree re MPX. Well said.

BRUCELILY

Local club/country
Northern Ireland
All - if you want specific info, please ask your fitter to give us a call. That's the best way to get the most accurate estimate I've been over to see the team today and every single call in (22) has been answered this am. I'm hesitant to give out general stock info as can still be a bit misleading. But shipments into us scheduled:

Hot Metal - Out of stock, but shipment into Scotland next week (GW and SW are Jan). Sets including GW or SW won't be sent until those are in.
Tour - In stock.
MP-20 - In stock.
HMB - In stock.

Afraid that won't answer all of your questions - there's shafts and grips to add into that mix. Plus there are hundreds of orders daily changing the stock situation. So please just ask your fitter to give us a call.
@MPX - any update on Hot Metal Pro?

Chrs

Local club/country
Finland
Irons
Jpx 921 tour SEL
Driver
Mavrik

Tour - In stock.
MP-20 - In stock.
HMB - In stock.

Im a bit confused now, my fitter told me mid december new heads arriving (forged) and now I read this that its actually mid Jan. Is this regarding right handed and left handed heads? Or is the process different in mixed sets? Jpx 921 Tour SEL, missing one 4 iron head, otherwise everything ready and allocated to my order.. Ordered 12th october.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom