Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Apologies for not answering everyone's questions individually. There's clearly a lot of frustration out there, people waiting for orders, or an update on their order. I'll do my best to give everyone an idea why we haven't been able to give a blanket '30-45 days'.

In our custom build model we have hundreds of different combinations - so we are at the mercy of a lot of scheduled component deliveries (there is an industry shortage of just about everything). We might have an estimate on a shaft delivery of 10 December - but in current circumstances that doesn't always mean it happens. So we're chasing our suppliers, much like our fitters and retailers are chasing us.

I could potentially post a stock list here and delivery estimates. Unfortunately that stock list doesn't show how many orders are on the system or how they are sequenced. So it wouldn't help you as individuals - possibly give some false hope. Just because we have MMC heads coming back in and your shaft - wouldn't mean they are allocated to you.

For anything to be accurate we need to handle each order individually. Once placed on our system we let our retailers know if the order is likely to be significantly more than 30 days - and by how much. We also send out a weekly stock report to the fitters - though it's pretty clear that not everyone reads it.

If none of that information gets back to you - your fitter can call us for an update. Contrary to some reports out there - we are picking up the phones. I began to question it myself, so came to the office today (which is empty bar our customer service guys) and watched. Not one call was missed. Again it doesn't mean we will have 100% accurate information - but we will have information to give. It also might not be what people want to hear. But we will let them know.

Understand that lots of golfers want to call us direct for that information. We can't give that information out as the order / contract is between us and the retailer. Frustrating again - for both sides.

I promise that we would love to get back to the 10-14 day turnaround as quickly as we can. It's just going to take sometime. We understand if people choose not to order for a while....hence posting warnings on the main website. We are genuinely doing our best. Right now it's below the standards people are used to. Unfortunately the reality is that this is far from a normal year.

Last edited:

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Addition to that. There are also a lot of retailers shut - initially we had a lot of custom sets sent back to us. So now we call and need a confirmation that the facility is open before we can ship (rather than one member of staff popping in once a week). In some cases we've been holding onto orders for weeks. Come next week we're going to need a very large van.

Local club/country
Gillingham
Irons
JPX 921 HM 5-LW
Driver
Ping G410+ Driver, 3 Wood, 4 Hybrid
Thank you for the update

Top Bottom