HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
For the past couple or three weeks, I've noticed I'm one of very few people posting. What's happened to all the participation in our forum?

A lot of our most frequent regulars seem to have disappeared. Honestly, this worries me. I thoroughly enjoy this forum and I'd hate to see people drift away.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Think they are still around Dennis, just not posting as much. Certainly a few faces do seem to have dropped off the planet this year, wonder where they are ?

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
They couldn't have been so crazy to go to some other brand, could they?

Without having met any other member of this forum, except by email and in one case, by phone, I feel like a lot of people here have become my friends. I know in these days of social media, that's a loose connection, but you folks mean a lot to me and I hate to see this kind of inactivity.

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Fabulous Frinton on Sea ESSEX
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
Mizuno MX700 JPX EZ ,GT & ST180 & ST180G

Without having met any other member of this forum, except by email and in one case, by phone, I feel like a lot of people here have become my friends. I know in these days of social media, that's a loose connection, but you folks mean a lot to me and I hate to see this kind of inactivity.
No mate having retired and moved to the sea-side I play too much golf (I have been told) also again new clubs I have clubs for links like courses and my old MP53's for when I go back to playing in the forests. My problem is to find the time to get on the forum. BUT I do love you all.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900

I think those of us who have been around for a while have the same thoughts Dennis. A varied and interesting group of members makes for a lively forum. Some of us meet up soon for the Northern Forum Day at Ramside Hall, I'll make sure I take some pics and post them up after the event. Some seasoned regulars aren't going this year, so, it will be a smaller number, but, it'll still be a great weekend.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Hey DCB - I noticed your signature line and I thought of something weird... (I know, be careful with that thinking thing)

“Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an ever smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose”
Winston S Churchill

Churchill's take on the game is just one of many, but consider... My clubs sit by the front door, ready to go, unless I hide them when company comes. Sometimes I see my dog sniffing them, looking around my bag, looking up at the clubheads... I wonder what he thinks the game is about. "What does daddy do when he takes those things out and puts them in the car?" "He comes back and just brings them back into the house."

For all Hogan knows, golf is a game where he runs into my golf bag, tips it over and the object of the game is to run out from under it before the clubheads hit the floor.

OK, yes... I'll try not to think anymore today... ;-)

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
It is a shame forums like these are losing out to Facebook and other social platforms. Generally speaking the discussions are more insightful on forums than in Facebook, for example. Even worse, occasional visits to Twitter and Instagram and reading comment section beneath newspaper articles has me worried about the state of human kind and its future. :)

During the winter "my" chihuahua got used to my routines when I went skiing and she'd just go sleep under one of her blankets or in her bed. Now when I grab my golf bag or start changing clothes, she always wakes up and comes to stare at me in the hallway, looking to come with me. I might need to try and take her with me some time. Just need to fix a travel bag to my ClicGear so she wouldn't need to walk the whole round if she didn't feel like it.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
When I still worked at Killian Greens, they let me bring Hogan with me to play. I'd put a harness on him and wrap his leash back and forth through the wire basket behind the seats so he couldn't jump out and chase the squirrels. I'd take his treats and a small plastic bowl to put water in. He seemed to love it. The only time he'd get sort of agitated is on one particular hole when the green is so elevated from the cart path that he couldn't see me.

Try it... I think it would be a lot of fun. Just be concerned about whether your little guy could actually walk so far.

I had hoped to play this morning, but the sky doesn't seem to agree with me. It looks a lot more like a day to spend with Hogan and play my guitars.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
When I still worked at Killian Greens, they let me bring Hogan with me to play. I'd put a harness on him and wrap his leash back and forth through the wire basket behind the seats so he couldn't jump out and chase the squirrels. I'd take his treats and a small plastic bowl to put water in. He seemed to love it. The only time he'd get sort of agitated is on one particular hole when the green is so elevated from the cart path that he couldn't see me.

Try it... I think it would be a lot of fun. Just be concerned about whether your little guy could actually walk so far.

I had hoped to play this morning, but the sky doesn't seem to agree with me. It looks a lot more like a day to spend with Hogan and play my guitars.
The 11 km is not a problem but the long hours might be. :) Also, another worry is her behaviour, she doesn't trust strangers and isn't afraid to show it. I would like to have her with me in some tournaments where I'm working as a rules official but even if she behaved herself most of the time, the couple of times she doesn't might cause issues.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
The 11 km is not a problem but the long hours might be. :) Also, another worry is her behaviour, she doesn't trust strangers and isn't afraid to show it. I would like to have her with me in some tournaments where I'm working as a rules official but even if she behaved herself most of the time, the couple of times she doesn't might cause issues.
I could never take Hogan to the front 9 at Killian Greens. A lot of it runs through forrest land and there are tons of squirrels. Being unable to chase them, I'm afraid he would bark and whine. It would probably be OK with my usual playing partners, but I could never count on how other people on the course might feel.

He loves squirrels so much that I have my Amazon account set up to deliver a new stuffed squirrel toy every other month. He has 4 now, in various states of stuffed to no stuffing in them. I threw one away a few months ago and he got it out of the garbage can.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
I’ve only been on here a few times this year. I think to be fair, the forum has been dying off in terms of posts for about 4 years. Lots of members know each other well so communicate directly via Facebook or WhatsApp / Messenger etc. It is a shame but time and a place for all of these things. I’ve never really enjoyed the new formatof the forum tbh. Still playing Mizuno obviously MP18mbs and ST180 driver. Still hope to catch up with people in due course and I hope the Forum meet goes well, Bananas 🙂

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Panda doesn't really mind about other creatures unless they come to her territory or get on her way. She's happy as long as the birds fly away or go for a swim but she thinks it's very unfair when the squirrels climb up the trees. They should most definitely stay on level ground and fight like, oh well, like the squirrels they are. :)

LOS

Local club/country
England
I would say there has been a decline on most forums, not just golf. I think a lot of people have finally learned how to use Google and other search capabiliities and for some a belief in YouTube videos. Those Golf forums that do get a lot of posts seem to recycle the same questions and answers on a yearly basis( with a new issue of a club).

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
When we started up - Facebook and Twitter were pretty much in their infancy. A lot of our traffic has definitely moved in that direction. The Mizuno Golf fan page on Facebook does a lot of the work that the Forum used to do. One of the great things about the Forum is that it files all the answers / conversations - can always dig them back up again. We're just accepting that it has a reduced role now.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
I joined FB in March, and I joined the Mizuno page.

However, it has a lot of traffic I don't really care about.

Where as this forum has a high proportion of people I have met in the real world at the events.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
I couldn’t be bothered with the Mizuno FB page for that reason, too much nonsense interspersed with interesting stuff. FB is dead anyway 😁

Top Bottom