Clubs for Lefties

Terry

HCP
Local club/country
Queensland
Irons
Lefty MP 60 ,5/pw,NS pro,950 gh reg , titleist 910 15,g30 18, g30 22,Tseries wedge. ,Ping Scottsdale
Driver
Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade
Can anyone advise how Golf Companies determine what clubs they will offer to us Lefties. EG Mizuno do not offer LH in any mp6`s ,limited lofts in drivers and wedges, only two wedges and two putters. It is very frustrating as it always means we have to compromise and 9/10 times have ba mixed bag.

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
My quess is a pure Profit motive.. Not enough profit - no product..

Terry

HCP
Local club/country
Queensland
Irons
Lefty MP 60 ,5/pw,NS pro,950 gh reg , titleist 910 15,g30 18, g30 22,Tseries wedge. ,Ping Scottsdale
Driver
Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade
anchorpags said:
My quess is a pure Profit motive.. Not enough profit - no product..
I rekon you are right but it would be nice if we had an option in all ranges . eg MP62 instead of MP52.
Even say the MP600 driver in say 9 and 10 degrees.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Issue with Mizuno is that we offer a lot more models than most of our competitors - eg: Ping, so its much more difficult to offer left handed options down the entire line.

With the new models about to launch we'll have

MP-68
MP-52
MX-200
MX-100

available left handed - not a bad line up.

The other limiting factor is that the majority of our heads are forged - which means far greater set up costs. If the models had to be profitable we wouldn't have as many left handed models as we do.

So of course we're limited by commercial realities. But we're pushing the left handed cause as far as we can.

Terry

HCP
Local club/country
Queensland
Irons
Driver
Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade
Thanks for that info Joshella. The new lineup looks very inviting.
I know there`s not many of us but we`re all class and like to get to use the best.

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
Joshella said:
If the models had to be profitable we wouldn't have as many left handed models as we do.
Are you stating that Mizuno builds golf clubs - knowing that the clubs WILL NOT be profitable?

If so - Excellent!! from a users standpoint.

Or did I mis-understand what you said?

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
We wouldn't go out of way to lose excessive amounts of money - hence why every model is not offered in left handed.

But the break even figures on the left handed mould costs are usually the hope we have.

Overall we justify any potential loses on left hand with the general good to the brand of having s good following of better left handed players.

So of course it does come back to business at some level.

But if the top man was an accountant, I don't think wed have the approach that we do.

Lord of the Divots

HCP
Local club/country
Kedleston Park GC, England
Irons
Mizuno MX 200, nippon ns pro 1150GH tour reg., 1* up, std. length
Driver
Titleist 909 D2 10.5, Diamana BB reg.
golf would be a better game if everyone was as generous as Mizuno!

Terry

HCP
Local club/country
Queensland
Irons
Driver
Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade
Joshella said:
We wouldn't go out of way to lose excessive amounts of money - hence why every model is not offered in left handed.

But the break even figures on the left handed mould costs are usually the hope we have.

Overall we justify any potential loses on left hand with the general good to the brand of having s good following of better left handed players.

So of course it does come back to business at some level.

But if the top man was an accountant, I don't think wed have the approach that we do.
Sorry Joshella did you say Mould costs? Cast????

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
There's a master mould for a forged iron also. Works very differently to the cast version.

More or less this is a metal block with the head shape cut out. The hot metal billet is then pounded into this block, forming the head shape. There's 2 stages of this - primary forging and precision forging using a different hammer and mould.

Terry

HCP
Local club/country
Queensland
Irons
Driver
Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade
Joshella said:
There's a master mould for a forged iron also. Works very differently to the cast version.

More or less this is a metal block with the head shape cut out. The hot metal billet is then pounded into this block, forming the head shape. There's 2 stages of this - primary forging and precision forging using a different hammer and mould.
thanks for explanation

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
I've got an idea...

Why don't all the lefties learn to play right handed? :) :) :)

Problem solved!!

Terry

HCP
Local club/country
Queensland
Irons
Driver
Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade
Deemac said:
I've got an idea...

Why don't all the lefties learn to play right handed? :) :) :)

Problem solved!!
Steady on.

Actually a lot of left handed golfers and International cricket players are right handed in all other sports. Thats the natural way for us enlightened ones

Top Bottom