RobCH

HCP
Local club/country
Nomadic
Irons
JPX 900 Forged 5-PW, JPX FliHi 4, T7 50, 54, 58 wedges. Odyssey Tank putter
Driver
GT180 driver & 3 wood, JPX 900 3 Hybrid
Eddie Pep doing a good job of demonstrating the JPX919s' capabilities. Just eagled the 10th. From the rough.

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
Congratulations Eddie Pepperell and Mizuno for winning the British Masters Nothingfeelslikeamizuno...!

Last edited:

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
He's developing into a serious contender. Some great play over the four days by him. Great win and a great boost in WR points.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
He's developing into a serious contender. Some great play over the four days by him. Great win and a great boost in WR points.
I walked the front 9 with Eddie. Can't tell you how horrible the conditions were for golf. A near miracle that with all that pressure in him, he held it together mentally / technically. If you saw on TV he was scrambling for most of it - but his mind got him through. I left after the front 9 as my fingers would have been to cold to work if he won. Couldn't be happier with a win. We filmed with Eddie on Monday and stumbled into the shafts he used today. Was a promo for the Shaft Optimizer - somehow it all worked out.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
I walked the front 9 with Eddie. Can't tell you how horrible the conditions were for golf. A near miracle that with all that pressure in him, he held it together mentally / technically. If you saw on TV he was scrambling for most of it - but his mind got him through. I left after the front 9 as my fingers would have been to cold to work if he won. Couldn't be happier with a win. We filmed with Eddie on Monday and stumbled into the shafts he used today. Was a promo for the Shaft Optimizer - somehow it all worked out.
As you say, he scrambled through most of the round. I feel that's where Eddie has grown this pas year or so. There was a time where he would have folded, but, now he gets his head down and grinds it out. Was good to see him taking his time and following the same old routine. Well played Eddie in tough conditions.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Nice work from Eddie Pep - Maybe he should try some Mizuno woods & driver, as apart from the drive on 18, his driving & woods off the tee, were awful :eek:
Incidentally this is the 2nd win in a week for the 919's - Kevin Tway also won the Safeway in the US using them :cool:
Paul

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
That's the next challenge - getting the players out there to play woods. Eddy is very specific about the driver and might be trickiest of the lot - he plays a very spinny driver compared to most of the tour players. Just as we've cracked low spin, our main man prepared to give up plenty of yards to stay in play. Having said that he didn't hit it all that straight off the tee and barely hits a driver. Will be an interesting project.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
But i don't think we've had an emerging player like Eddy who i've wanted Mizuno to work with more.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
But i don't think we've had an emerging player like Eddy who i've wanted Mizuno to work with more.
Not just an emerging player, but one with plenty of skill &, unusually for the ET, a big personality - Mizuno hit the jackpot with Eddie imho but as you say
he has a weird selection of woods (Ping G400 driver & Rogue 3 wood iirc?)
Paul

RobCH

HCP
Local club/country
Nomadic
Irons
JPX 900 Forged 5-PW, JPX FliHi 4, T7 50, 54, 58 wedges. Odyssey Tank putter
Driver
GT180 driver & 3 wood, JPX 900 3 Hybrid
What's the story on the (absence of) Mizuno branding on EP - eg cap? It seems to be just the bag. In discussion?

HCP
Local club/country
Knole Park
Irons
MP5, S300, 1* flat, 2* strong
Driver
Ping G400 8.5*, HZRDUS X-Stiff
"Found" Eddie on Twitter a year ago, not only he is very amusing and honest, he comes across as a very humble and likeable guy. Was at WH on Friday and watched him for a few holes, that day was tough, that 69 in those conditions really put him in a commanding position. The way he flights his irons is very impressive (although everyone is impressive to be fair!!).

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
So Eddie has switched to 919 already?

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
That's the next challenge - getting the players out there to play woods. Eddy is very specific about the driver and might be trickiest of the lot - he plays a very spinny driver compared to most of the tour players. Just as we've cracked low spin, our main man prepared to give up plenty of yards to stay in play. Having said that he didn't hit it all that straight off the tee and barely hits a driver. Will be an interesting project.
So, it's a similar situation as you had years ago with the fade-biased MP woods and Luke being one of the few pros who actually wanted a draw-biased model?

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
So, it's a similar situation as you had years ago with the fade-biased MP woods and Luke being one of the few pros who actually wanted a draw-biased model?
Pretty much. The answer is probably in getting the contracts tighter.

Top Bottom