BMW PGA Championship - Spoilers

drpurpell

Local club/country
-
BigPete said:
Marc Warren - clubhouse leader with a 4 under 68.

Is he still sneaking Mizzy irons into his Nike staff bag?
Think he's Nike through and through now Pete, although I didn't realise he was sneaking Mizuno gear in? Any pictures of Marc I've ever seen always had Nike gear in them.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Maybe I was thinking of Mark Foster... Marc warren used to be a Mizzy staffer though right? Sorry for any confusion :/

freddy

HCP
Local club/country
Canada
I was thinking you meant Mark Foster too. I think he wears a Titleist cap and has the bag, but doesnt have any of their clubs. He does play the prov1 though.

drpurpell

Local club/country
-
Not sure - some of these guys change a lot, hard to keep track sometimes. Think Foster is/was one of the many TM staffers out there with Mizunos in the bag.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
I follow Marc Warren quite closely as he is/was a member at my golf course and his mum and dad stay in a house that is right next to the course.

He is to be found on our practice area regularly when he's visiting his folks!

He is a fantastic ball striker and one of those frustrating players who can rarely seem to put it all together. For the quality of his ball striking, you would really love to see him be more successful...

Great to see him up there!!

As far as I'm aware, he doesn't use Mizuno equipment... although that may change the next time I see him on the practice area at EK ;-)

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
It's actually painful watching Westwood on short putts. It's just incredible he hasn't managed to figure that part of his game out, after all these years, considering how close to perfect the rest of it is. He's obviously had an amazing career but 1/2 a putt a round better and he'd be a multiple major winner...

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
BigPete said:
It's actually painful watching Westwood on short putts. It's just incredible he hasn't managed to figure that part of his game out, after all these years, considering how close to perfect the rest of it is. He's obviously had an amazing career but 1/2 a putt a round better and he'd be a multiple major winner...
100% agree with all of that!

I think this is a great example of what I suggested on another thread, that you've either got it or you don't...

Everyone reaches a level that they can't push past, and maybe Westy has reached his level because putting will always hold him back. As you suggest, you can bet he's tried the best instructors money can buy, but if you aint got it you aint got it!

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Luke and Justin Rose enjoying being paired together - both now one off the lead at -4 after 8

Marcel Siem just one further back after 9

freddy

HCP
Local club/country
Canada
Chris Wood isn't having the best of back 9's, +3 to sit at +2 currently.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
5 Scotsmen in the top 20 when I just checked... Not often you see that!

Wonder how many will still be there on Sunday???

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/18198545

In case you didn't see this shot, just incredible luck for Drysdale. Not a bad way to birdie the last....

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Justin Luke and Alvaro out early today - already all under par -7 -6 -7 respectively. They'll be seeing a lot of eacher this weekend if they keep this up.

Marcel Siem also going well 3 under for the day after 8 and -4 total

Leaders F Molinari Drysdale and Peter Lawrie all on -8

freddy

HCP
Local club/country
Canada
BigPete said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/18198545

In case you didn't see this shot, just incredible luck for Drysdale. Not a bad way to birdie the last....
that was crazy, I had just seen it on TV before coming on this thread. Did it hit a rock or something? I wouldn't think it was so shallow that it hit the bottom.

RMM

HCP
Local club/country
Golf St. Apollinaire (France)
Irons
MP-68 DG-S300 3, Black Nickel 4 - PW / MP-T11 Black Nickel 50/52/54/56/58/60/64 / Bobby Grace Putter / Back-up irons: MP-60 2-P, MP-67 2-P
Driver
TSi2 10 Tensei blue/ 910F 15 Kai'li / 910F 19 Kai'li
Luke's positioned himself T2 for the weekend, with another 68.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Luke is Looking good!!!

The Highlander

HCP
Local club/country
www.torveangolfclub.co.uk www.nairngolfclub.co.uk
Irons
MP H4 #4 / MP 53 5-7 / MP 4 8-P / MP T4 50o, 54o & 58o Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #7
Driver
Wilson Staff D-100 10.5o Fairway: Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 15o Hybrid: Wilson Staff D-100 19o
World number one finish +9? Interesting that people will still say having the bottle for one of 4 weeks of the year is still more of a show of your greatness over doing it week in, week out...

freddy

HCP
Local club/country
Canada
The Highlander said:
World number one finish +9? Interesting that people will still say having the bottle for one of 4 weeks of the year is still more of a show of your greatness over doing it week in, week out...
wow, didn't see any of the round, but it can't have been pretty to watch.

freddy

HCP
Local club/country
Canada
It looks like a tough scoring day today, the overnight leader is +5 through six hole. Luke is currently tied for the lead!

freddy

HCP
Local club/country
Canada
well barring a disaster for Luke on the last, it should be be Luke and Justin Rose in the final pairing tomorrow. Other than Peter Lawrie, there is a bit of a gap to the rest of the field, it will be interesting to see if any of those at -5 and worse can challenge.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Luk is looking good to successfully defend his title!

C'mon Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke!!!!

Top Bottom